Sending Laundry Out on a Princess Ship

mcrcruiser

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Here's laundry pricing as of our Regal TA in September 2018...

56A6833C-D0D5-4435-9AC4-ED75EBF314E2.png

Can you tell what the difference between laundry list and cleaning list?

Is it laundry like at home wash Machine and cleaning - dry cleaning?

14 minutes ago, phabric said:

Can you tell what the difference between laundry list and cleaning list?

Is it laundry like at home wash Machine and cleaning - dry cleaning?

Cleaning is not quite dry cleaning but it is a similar process that is a bit more environmentally friendly and safer to implement in a marine environment. Laundry is like at home only they use very hot water for everything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 10:05 AM, beg3yrs said:

Cleaning is not quite dry cleaning but it is a similar process that is a bit more environmentally friendly and safer to implement in a marine environment. Laundry is like at home only they use very hot water for everything.

It's too bad they always use hot water. Guess I will be washing the more delicate items in the self laundry. Makes me appreciate Holland America even more....$9-10/day for unlimited laundry and they pay attention to heat levels requested. (The cost is per duration of the cruise, but well worth it).

4 minutes ago, lovin_retirement said:

It's too bad they always use hot water. Guess I will be washing the more delicate items in the self laundry. Makes me appreciate Holland America even more....$9-10/day for unlimited laundry and they pay attention to heat levels requested. (The cost is per duration of the cruise, but well worth it).

The hot temps are the reason why we have had items damaged in the past.

We only send out laundry that we are not particularly worried about.

The rest we will do in the self serve laundry rooms.

We would not send out expensive or delicate items.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:05 PM, beg3yrs said:

That's exactly why we use the "cleaning" process for everything we send in.

The laundry washing just isn't safe for anything.....even a cheap T shirt.

I've always had great luck with the laundry, even with the hot water.  I don't send out the dressy tops, slacks I wear to dinner only my daytime stuff.  I take longer cruises, 25-30 days, pack for 15, send out laundry several times, do 1 load in the laundry.

• Like 2

We have had no issues sending out work-out clothes, t-shirts, socks and underwear (except for the time wifey got back someone elses panties!).  Have had bad experiences sending out anything delicate/expensive.

Edited by LACruiser88
misspelling

3 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

I find the costs for laundry on Princess prohibitive and am happy to use their laundromats. 

Not really when you consider there are usually hundreds to literally thousands of Elite passengers onboard who get unlimited free laundry. 

I send laundry out all all the time. I take a picture of the items and my completed laundry form for reference. 

1 hour ago, Pam in CA said:

Not really when you consider there are usually hundreds to literally thousands of Elite passengers onboard who get unlimited free laundry. 

I send laundry out all all the time. I take a picture of the items and my completed laundry form for reference. 

Great idea about taking pictures.

Beg3yrs, can you request warm water, low  or permanent press to dry?

Penny

13 minutes ago, Desert Kitty said:

Beg3yrs, can you request warm water, low  or permanent press to dry?

Penny

You can request it but in my own experience (took the Ultimate Ship Tour which includes the laundry), they're pretty adamant that all the clothes get washed the same way. Hot water!

• Like 1

Keep in mind a couple of my lessons learned:

#1 "Normal" turnaround is - to room steward in the morning, next day while at dinner or so... back in your room. (36 hours)

#2 The more Elite onboard, that turn around can be a day or 2 or 3 longer turnaround.

#3 My stateroom stewards in the past would take the laundry anytime they see it. or we hand it to them in the hall 🙂 (sometimes this got our stuff back quicker than the 36 hours or so)

#4 Last cruise (Last week) he would ONLY take it in the morning.  We didn't push the issue - not that big of a deal... 

#5 IF you are in PORT over night, or anchored on the lake between the Panama Canal locks.... they will NOT do passenger laundry, only ship stuff.   Due to not being able to discharge the water at those times.  This can delay your laundry an extra day or two due to increased laundry back-up.   

#6 I have never had anything missing or damaged - the only thing I have gotten, is a note saying sorry we could not remove the stain on a shirt -  either could I :-).

On 2/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, lovin_retirement said:

Sounds to me like the Holland America is more worthy than princess. I think I should cancel my princess cruise for the sake of getting my clothes washed. 

Enjoy your cruise!

Glenn