Labadee Picnic

I will be on the Allure in a couple of weeks with a day at Labadee.  Does Royal Caribbean provide a picnic on the beach while there?  If not, what are the options for food while off the ship?

Thanks,

Beth

Edited by ILoveScotland
wanted to change font.

Bbq buffet usually around noon. We always try to get a spot on beach next to bbq area. First in line is great. If you’re late then things get picked over. $1.00 and a thank you with a smile goes a long way for the locals that get you a chair.

6 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

They bring the food from the ship and set up a buffet lunch on the island. Usually consists of burgers, ribs and the like. Very good. 

I agree burgers, etc.  Can't agree with "very good".  It's average and edible though.

If you get to the buffet early there is plenty.  After awhile they need to refill the serving trays and there is often a wait--or they run out.  Also, I do not like the flies around the food.  They last few times DH and I wait to eat until around 2ish and just return to the ship.  Better food and we miss the rush to get back onboard. 

7 minutes ago, ILoveScotland said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Are there other food options at Labadee? Or, does one need to return to the ship if she/he doesn't want to eat at the buffet?

Beth

Nope, that’s it. Agree with the suggestion to go back to the ship for a late lunch. 

6 minutes ago, ILoveScotland said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Are there other food options at Labadee? Or, does one need to return to the ship if she/he doesn't want to eat at the buffet?

Beth

The only other food option is to return to the ship.  Everything that is at the buffet is brought from the ship.  

8 minutes ago, ILoveScotland said:

Beth

Currently only the BBQ buffet, unless you have access to the upgraded lunch at Barefoot Beach, which is still a buffet.

1 hour ago, ILoveScotland said:

Or, does one need to return to the ship if she/he doesn't want to eat at the buffet?

Beth

Cruise pier is not that far. You can also catch the free shuttle if you don't want to walk. 

2 hours ago, jholzhauser said:

They have the BBQ lunch and I was not the biggest fan. Lots of flies and everything was chaos. We were also on a NYE cruise so it was packed. Everything was also kind of lukewarm which was questionable. Some stuff was fine though 

LOL...that is what we call it also.  Like ordering from the beach buffet...."You want flies with that?"!!  

We like to get off the ship early, walk around to get some exercise, then back on the uncrowded ship for lunch.  

Edited by island lady

We have stopped eating on this Island. My husband is not picky about his food- "Food is food." He is a paramedic and has eaten at gas stations- the hot dogs on the rolling things- that I refuse to eat. That said- after our 3rd trip here-the flies have gotten so bad on the food-that he  now refuses to eat here. We eat a large breakfast and get back on for a late lunch.

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

If someone is nasty as a Pinnacle, they were nasty as a Gold, a Platinum, an Emerald, etc.  Nice Pinnies were nice at any level.  It is not the level that makes the person..it's the person.  

Wrong thread. 😄

You are, however, correct. 👍

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Wrong thread. 😄

You are, however, correct. 👍

LOL...I was hoping to pop in quickly and correct that...my fault for bouncing between 2 threads.  Nice catch...You are quick! 😄   Thanks!  

Edited by island lady

13 minutes ago, oldmom said:

We have stopped eating on this Island. My husband is not picky about his food- "Food is food." He is a paramedic and has eaten at gas stations- the hot dogs on the rolling things- that I refuse to eat. That said- after our 3rd trip here-the flies have gotten so bad on the food-that he  now refuses to eat here. We eat a large breakfast and get back on for a late lunch.

It must be pretty bad when the hot dogs on the rolling thing are better than the BBQ. I'm surprised Royal Caribbean hasn't found a way to charge for the flies.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I must say dealing with aggressive black flies and running the pesky vendor guanlet are part of the unique Labadee experience you won't find anywhere else.

Simple to avoid the vendors...just stay away from the vendor village.