Change Booking?

latebuyer

43 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

You can totally change into a different cabin as long as you keep the ship and sail date the same. Doesn’t matter if the cabin is more or less expensive.

of course you would have to pay the difference 🙂

7 minutes ago, nyer said:

My son recently changed his cabin (same ship, same sail date) and they charged him the $100 per person change fee.

This should not have happened, if it happened the way you described. He needs to call back and get a full explanation. 

9 minutes ago, nyer said:

My son recently changed his cabin (same ship, same sail date) and they charged him the $100 per person change fee.

He should not have been charged the change fee.  I would call whomever he booked with  See below

22. Should my Suite client choose to downgrade to a balcony stateroom after already confirming a Suite, will the booking remain under non-refundable status? Will a change fee be incurred to adjust inventory types?

Any booking originally created as non-refundable will maintain this status for the life of the reservation, regardless of subsequent category changes. Change fees are only incurred should an adjustment to the ship and/or sail date occur; therefore, no change fee will be assessed upon swapping between category types on the same ship and sail date.

Edited by molly361

If I have a guarantee room booked with a non-refundable deposit and the guarantee room category (ZI I believe) drops in price, am I eligible for that price drop prior to final payment? Does it change once my room is assigned and I now have an actual category stateroom?

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

If I have a guarantee room booked with a non-refundable deposit and the guarantee room category (ZI I believe) drops in price, am I eligible for that price drop prior to final payment? Does it change once my room is assigned and I now have an actual category stateroom?

Yes, you are eligible for a price drop as long as it is before final payment date.  Don't know what happens if the price drops after stateroom assignment.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Yes.

Yes, the drop would have to be in your assigned cabin category. 

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Wasn't there a 30 day change window at one point?  Does that apply to suites?

I thought it applied to any non-reundable deposit booking made on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:09 PM, nyer said:

It happened exactly the way I described.  I will tell him to call and ask why.  We both assumed it was because it was a non-refundable deposit.

Thank you for your help

Was it through a TA?  Possibly a TA charge they pocket.