Dress for Cunard

airugo

19 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I've  never understood the luggage restrictions on planes argument , i.e. we can only take one  suitcase each ,  people pay 1000s of pounds/euros/dollars for a cruise,  so the cost of paying for an additional suitcase is a very small extra cost.

The constant excuse for not bringing a Tux (or suit) is the weight restrictions in Economy, then cruisers should consider flying BA WT - Coach.  
Luggage allowance

1 Suitcase - 23 kgs

1 Cabin - 23 kgs 

1 Hand - 23 kgs

Think a total allowance of 69 kgs would enable a Tux (or suit) to be packed.

Problem solved.......No more excuses......

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The constant excuse for not bringing a Tux (or suit) is the weight restrictions in Economy, then cruisers should consider flying BA WT - Coach.  
Luggage allowance

1 Suitcase - 23 kgs

1 Cabin - 23 kgs 

1 Hand - 23 kgs

Think a total allowance of 69 kgs would enable a Tux (or suit) to be packed.

Problem solved.......No more excuses......

Technically right ,

However the cabin baggage must fit within 45 x 35 x 20 cm so hard to fit 23kg into it,  and you must be able to lift it into the overhead locker yourself,  I  wonder how many Cunard passengers can lift 23 kg above their head, especially as a case is much more awkward than a weights in a gym.

The hand luggage,  ie handbag , must fit under the seat in front of you., so hard to fit 23 kg into it.

So much more practical to pay for an extra suit case.

This is where the BA exec club membership is much more practically beneficial than Cunard diamond or whatever which was discussed earlier leading eventually to pea gate. You get 2  x 32kg suitcases in WT and  4x32kg at front of plane. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, david,Mississauga said:

There is nothing over the top about a tuxedo on a Cunard  ship. In my experience in all four restaurant categories I have never seen less than 50% of men in formal wear and it is often 80% or even more - especially in the Grills.

I dont recall seeing many tuxes in the Britannia restaurant. Maybe there are less in the early sitting?   I know nothing about the other restaurants. Britania is all I can afford 

There is always Sentluggage.com to send a bag with Tuxedo's, formal shirts, shoes, and accessories to the ship, and find it in your stateroom when you board. I have done that for many years and swear by it. By the way the service used to be called Cunard White Star Luggage Service. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oskidunker said:

I left Princess because of the dress down culture. Hopefully Cunard does not go that way. 

That is one of the downsides to Princess cruises and why we have recently not cruised with them. The last cruise we did was on Crown Princess and not only was the dress code very poor the whole cruise was a shambles being finished off on the last night with being served roast chicken which was well undercooked and oozing blood from it and nobody cared when I complained only to offer another meal so we walked out.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:55 AM, oskidunker said:

I left Princess because of the dress down culture. Hopefully Cunard does not go that way. 

That's fine but I would never let it get to me that badly. Always happy to dress for the occasion whether it be Princess Cruises...

1113202155_StarPrincessPacificCruiseMarch2018copy.thumb.jpg.4a73220cf2f04a4196dc235ae0dc38de.jpg

MSC...

468067353_PreziosaFormalNight2February2020.jpg.aeeb90763fe9792f65cad783938ceb8a.jpg

...and even Cunard...

1447308498_Model1.thumb.jpg.4128a4e5fd1c4bd6ce912318aecc63dd.jpg

😂😂

• Like 3