Balcony doors open all night?

prmami

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Never said that at all.  Way back at the beginning of this topic, many were claiming that the sign says certain things, which it does not.  

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Apparently, many people on this thread think that the only way this would be legitimate is if the sign said, "Hey, dumbass, do not leave your balcony door open in the daytime or in the nighttime.  You screw up everyone else's airconditioning, as well as your own." 

... and that is why we have lawyers and so many lawsuits.  That Tide laundry detergent packaging didn't say I couldn't eat it....

Edited by The Scurvy Pirate
adding quote
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

<smh>

Apparently, many people on this thread think that the only way this would be legitimate is if the sign said, "Hey, dumbass, do not leave your balcony door open in the daytime or in the nighttime.  You screw up everyone else's airconditioning, as well as your own."

LMAO to this comment.

The Chief has posted about the ramifications many times about leaving the door open and I fully understand it.  I think your suggestion for the sign is a good idea based on some of the responses in regards to the existing signage no matter the ship or line.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 11:30 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

This sounds like nonsense the cruise line tells you to discourage the practice.  I can't imagine why anyone would design the system that way.  Not going to be convinced without a better source than someone on a message board...

I was going to say urban legend my self, but I guess that isn't accurate.     The only time I left my balcony door open all night was when we were under the solarium on Allure when they had a dance party till 3am, all we could hear in our room was a heavy base beat till 3am.  Opening the balcony the wave noise drowned it out.  It was only about 72 outside that night. 

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

<smh>

If you are referring to me, you as well as the others who are piling on, are jumping to a lot of conclusions.  I also do not appreciate your attack, not what I would expect from you.  

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

<smh>

And unfortunately you would still have people saying my vacation I will do what I want. 😡

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

If you are referring to me, you as well as the others who are piling on, are jumping to a lot of conclusions.  I also do not appreciate your attack, not what I would expect from you.  

I could have quoted you if I wanted to.  I didn't.  🙂

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

<smh>

I have a contact in the printing industry that could have this printed as a glass decal for less than a penny each.  If I supply them, will you put them on?  I’d even help... but people would still ignore it and do whatever pleases themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KevInPitt said:

I have a contact in the printing industry that could have this printed as a glass decal for less than a penny each.  If I supply them, will you put them on?  I’d even help... but people would still ignore it and do whatever pleases themselves.

Some people are just too thick or selfish to believe all the qualified responses to this. After all it's THEIR VACATION and they don't give a tinker's dam....😣

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It’s posted in your room to keep the door shut, what more do you need to know? 

The way it is posted it reads like a request. Like a hotel that says “please turn the lights off when not in the room” or “please set the AC to 74 when not in your room.” And any non-die hard cruiser will read that and think it’s nit a big deal. 

And lets be real if if this was a major problem for Royal (or if they cared about it) they would do a much better job of communicating that to people. 

Edited by BigHouseFootball
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BigHouseFootball said:

The way it is posted it reads like a request. Like a hotel that says “please turn the lights off when not in the room” or “please set the AC to 74 when not in your room.” And any non-die hard cruiser will read that and think it’s nit a big deal. 

And lets be real if if this was a major problem for Royal (or if they cared about it) they would do a much better job of communicating that to people. 

Do you leave your balcony door open when cruising the Caribbean? 

Edited by davekathy

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

So you don't believe chengkp75?!?!??!?!  😮

Therein lies the very problem.  He’s an industry expert and is currently a chief engineer on a ship. Yet, no matter what he says, if it goes against what others WANT to do, they’ll discard every word. Sad. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BigHouseFootball said:

Maybe they assume that people that can afford to pay for a balcony room would be smart enough to read the signage posted on the door and realize that it also applies to them.

1 hour ago, proggieus said:

Maybe they assume that people that can afford to pay for a balcony room would be smart enough to read the signage posted on the door and realize that it also applies to them.

“Please keep balcony door closed for your own comfort” does not translate to me as a pressing need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1