On Board Caribbean Princess Now 16 Feb

AF-1

2 hours ago, richsea said:

3 or 4 blankets? In the Caribbean?  Holy smokes!!!! 

On our last cruise there were some cool evenings.

Not that I counted them but there were none left on the cart & some people appeared to be bundled up with numerous blankets.

Oh btw- I don't care one way or the other- I don't do MUTS. 

2 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

On our last cruise there were some cool evenings.

Not that I counted them but there were none left on the cart & some people appeared to be bundled up with numerous blankets.

Oh btw- I don't care one way or the other- I don't do MUTS. 

You don’t do MUTS? How can you know that they “always” seem to run out?

7 hours ago, richsea said:

You don’t do MUTS? How can you know that they “always” seem to run out?

We always go to the buffet in the evening before they close & walk past MUTS on the way to the cabin. 

It's easy to see the blanket rack empty while people are covered with blankets with some of them using pool towels after they run out of blankets.

Oh btw- they've cheapened up the thickness of the blankets. The ones I saw last cruise were like the thin airline blankets. It's no wonder people need 2 or more.

Hello from FLL. Just returned from western Caribbean. I can say this was about a perfect trip as can be.  Cabin was great. Room steward was excellent.  Staff were nice and friendly. Cruise director was engaging and he was all over the ship.  Food was great. Ate in Club Class, Crown Grill, Buffett, Slice pizza, salty dog, coffee and cones.  Not a bad meal anywhere.  Ship was In Good shape.   Only issue we had; shore excursion in Belize was cancelled. We were going snorkeling and they said seas were too rough for us to go.  Roatan beach day was great.  Swimming with dolphins in Cozumel was a great excursion.   SoI am booking another cruise with Princess.  That have my confidence to do a great job.  For those who may be worried about the medallion program,  don’t worry it works they are continually making it better and easy to use. You will have fun with it.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AF-1 said:

My pleasure. If you have any questions I am glad to answer. 

I have a specific question for you about the family suite you rented.  It is an old thread, but I will post it there.  Thanks!

26 minutes ago, pauon said:

I have a specific question for you about the family suite you rented.  It is an old thread, but I will post it there.  Thanks!

Hello,  what is your question about family suite?  We had one for our Alaska Cruise

On 2/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

There have been comments here on CC that sometimes they are taken home for gifts for the family because they paid too much for their cruise and they have to get their monies worth. :classic_rolleyes:

That's too bad.  But thieves can generally find a way a justify it to themselves.  The reality is a much simpler "they are just bad people".

21 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Hello,  what is your question about family suite?  We had one for our Alaska Cruise

We will be in the FS with our 20 month old granddaughter.  We are terrified of the balcony slider.  Do you remember how it locks?  Is there ANY way for her to get it open once it is locked?  If there is any way for her to get it open, can you recommend anything I could make or bring to secure it and we could sleep.  We have cruised many many times, but never with a baby.

Are you referring to the balcony connected to family suite;  if so there is no divider.  The cabin if forward on the ship and there is no connector.  The balcony if metal and goes the full length of the suite. You really do not have any cabins to the left or right.  We we were on deck 9 cabin D105

51606.jpg

Edited by AF-1

9 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Are you referring to the balcony connected to family suite;  if so there is no divider.  The cabin if forward on the ship and there is no connector.  The balcony if metal and goes the full length of the suite. You really do not have any cabins to the left or right.  We we were on deck 9 cabin D105

51606.jpg

I am asking about the door getting outside..to the balcony.  My fear is that she is able to open the slider out to the balcony at night and us not hear her.  Are we Paranoid... a little.  

14 minutes ago, pauon said:

I am asking about the door getting outside..to the balcony.  My fear is that she is able to open the slider out to the balcony at night and us not hear her.  Are we Paranoid... a little.  

Maybe a little, but I completely understand.  Go to your local pet store and pick up “house training bells” that you can hang on the door, the bells will alert you if your granddaughter should try to open the door.

22 minutes ago, pauon said:

I can barely open the sliders. I am a tad older than 20 months though. The lock down handle is very stout. I don’t think you need to worry. 

We have stayed in those cabins a number of times. The only thing I would be worried about is the wind since other than the steel rail there is no protection especially when under way.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:29 AM, mevs904 said:

We will also be on the March 23 cruise and are very interested in your current sailing report.  Will be following along.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, CruiseKing said:

Thank you so much for the info. I like Tech as well. Sounds like I will enjoy this innovation. 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, CruiseKing said:

Thank you so much for the info. I like Tech as well. Sounds like I will enjoy this innovation. 

We are too cruising March 23rd and getting excited 😊 

Hello Pauon,  if you have the two bedroom family suite; the door is hard to open; the balcony is unusable when the ship is at sea.  It is so windy and the room steward has to tie down all the furniture when you sail.  It is ok to use while in port.  You can see from my pic above that the furniture is tied down.  Also the metal railing is four feet high.  But I understand your concerns;  Get a sleigh bell and hang it on the handle.  We use that for our dogs at home; and they can't go outside without us hearing the sleigh bells ring.

Edited by AF-1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question. I apologize if you answered this earlier.  The first time on board with the medallion do you need to "pair" it with your door if you've done all the work and received it prior to arriving at the pier? If so what is the process?

TY,

Bruce