On Board Caribbean Princess Now 16 Feb

AF-1

Hello fellow cruise critic members.  I am onboard and ready for this cruise.  We sail in two hours. Had lunch in worldpkace market. And I have to say they had a lot of choices.  After lunch walked back to steamers and planks and had another lunch because; well that had a lot of different choices than in world place.   Then had a slice of pepperoni.  I loved the crust. Chewy but crisp.  That was great.  Had a little issue logging into medallion net but once I got online the service is good. This is a sold out cruise so we will really test the bandwidth this week. Stay tuned for more updates and I will let you know how things are going.  Have reservation for Crown Grill tonight.  That will be awesome.  

• Like 4

Hi! We just disembarked this AM. It was a fantastic cruise. We loved the food in the World Marketplace. The variety was wonderful. And loved Steamers and Planks too. Staff were great and we loved our port experiences. Have a fantastic time! Your Sailaway is fast approaching. 

Just finished dinner at Crown Grill.  Excellent. Steak cooked perfect. Asparagus were crunchy and flavorful but they were soft enough to eat.  We got the dessert sampler.  S’mores, lava cake, lemon meringue, peanut butter pie.  All were very good. The waters are calm tonight. Hardly know you are moving.  Cruise director Micca is very friendly.  Tomorrow is sea day so will report back after I finish breakfast somewhere on the 15th deck.  Stay tuned. 

• Like 1

Good morning from CB.  We are enroute to Cayman Islands.  Today is a sea day.  We missed the welcome aboard show. Going to try and see Bravo.  Last night we hung out in club fusion where they played music from the 50’s and 60’s all night. We danced and sang along.  Breakfast in planks is great. Sausage gravy and biscuits were fresh and tasty. The long stem pineapple is very good.  It’s currenly 8:30am. So will head back to cabin and fire up iPad to start streaming my hometown church service.  Stay tuned. 

• Like 1

No not Crossroads.  Epiphany United Methodist. My wife is ass’t pastor there. I play drums in praise band.  So the streaming of the 9am service is excellent.  What a great treat for my wife and I.  The seas are very smooth. We have a aft cabin C749.  Our cabin is next door to what I assume is an generator room.  So our room vibrates.  My wife and I said how cool is this. We have a vibration that put both of us to sleep. It was like rocking us to sleep.  We have a huge balcony.  So all is good from CB

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We will be on the Caribbean March 9.

Can you tell me what time are the shows?

What they are playing on the big screen?

We will have a 9 year old with us.  On the embankment day Patter, can you tell me what time to meet for the kids Club?

Edited by phabric

3 minutes ago, CruiseKing said:

Hello, Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Would you update us on how your embarkation went using the medallion and its functionality on board. Leaving on the CB in 86 days :classic_biggrin: thank you. 

Here is how ocean medallion embarkation went yesterday.  If you have completed the ocean ready app to include your pictures then when you actually board the ship they have four security officers at boarding area with their iPads.  You place your medallion on a electronic device. The device turns from blue to green. Green means you are good to go and you are On The ship. I saw a few people who placed their medallion on the scanner and it turned red which meant they did not have a security photo.  When you scan your medallion your picture pops up on the iPad. It had a few glitches. My wife and I breezed thru.   But I love everything tech.  So I was ready.  It is pretty cool ordering drinks from your iPhone.  I did that at pool bar.  I also love that I searched for my wife on the app too.  She was on deck 15 and I was on deck 7.  I hit the search for shipmate app and my wife popped up. But then it asks if you want directions to your shipmate. Since I did not know my way around the ship yet I hit yes and boom it maps the route to your spouse. Pretty cool. Yes I know some people will say you really don’t need all this and it’s just a gimmick.  But I say. It makes my life easy.  When the bar is really crowded and the waitstaff is swamped you can order your drink from the app and your order will be taken care of.  I also know some people like to disconnect from electronics on their cruise. I say if that is what you want then go for it.  I love tech. I have a family blog I run on Facebook and my 91 year old mom in law and lots of sister in laws and brothers and sisters all read my blog and look forward to my pics. Any then I have my friends on cruise critic who want to know about how the ship is doing. I have been here for one day and the staff is excellent. Our cabin steward has already done a few things for my wife and I and we didn’t even ask. He took laundry in for us last  night so we will be ready for formal night tonight. He made sure room service swapped out our mini bar.  I walked into planks for breakfast and no less than theee waitstaff came up and asked could they get me any thing. I felt so bad. So first waiter I asked for coffee, second I asked for cup of ice and third I asked for juice.  This is a great trip and it’s day two. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, skatie said:

on this ship for the eastern cruise March 23 - first time on Princess - can't wait to hear all the ship details from you as your cruise!  Enjoy

We will also be on the March 23 cruise and are very interested in your current sailing report.  Will be following along.

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

We will be on the Caribbean March 9.

Can you tell me what time are the shows?

What they are playing on the big screen?

Hi shows are 7:30 and 9:30. O’clock. So far they are playing concerts on muts. No actual movies. Yet

17 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I walked into planks for breakfast and no less than theee waitstaff came up and asked could they get me any thing. I felt so bad. So first waiter I asked for coffee, second I asked for cup of ice and third I asked for juice.  This is a great trip and it’s day two. 

LOL- I can assure you that none of these hardworking people are offended if you don't give them something to do.  They have plenty to do.  There's no need to try top come up with other things.

20 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Here is how ocean medallion embarkation went yesterday.  If you have completed the ocean ready app to include your pictures then when you actually board the ship they have four security officers at boarding area with their iPads.  You place your medallion on a electronic device. The device turns from blue to green. Green means you are good to go and you are On The ship. I saw a few people who placed their medallion on the scanner and it turned red which meant they did not have a security photo.  When you scan your medallion your picture pops up on the iPad. It had a few glitches. My wife and I breezed thru.   But I love everything tech.  So I was ready.  It is pretty cool ordering drinks from your iPhone.  I did that at pool bar.  I also love that I searched for my wife on the app too.  She was on deck 15 and I was on deck 7.  I hit the search for shipmate app and my wife popped up. But then it asks if you want directions to your shipmate. Since I did not know my way around the ship yet I hit yes and boom it maps the route to your spouse. Pretty cool. Yes I know some people will say you really don’t need all this and it’s just a gimmick.  But I say. It makes my life easy.  When the bar is really crowded and the waitstaff is swamped you can order your drink from the app and your order will be taken care of.  I also know some people like to disconnect from electronics on their cruise. I say if that is what you want then go for it.  I love tech. I have a family blog I run on Facebook and my 91 year old mom in law and lots of sister in laws and brothers and sisters all read my blog and look forward to my pics. Any then I have my friends on cruise critic who want to know about how the ship is doing. I have been here for one day and the staff is excellent. Our cabin steward has already done a few things for my wife and I and we didn’t even ask. He took laundry in for us last  night so we will be ready for formal night tonight. He made sure room service swapped out our mini bar.  I walked into planks for breakfast and no less than theee waitstaff came up and asked could they get me any thing. I felt so bad. So first waiter I asked for coffee, second I asked for cup of ice and third I asked for juice.  This is a great trip and it’s day two.