If losing you want to lose more pounds you seek

Ones of us who are having a hard time getting on track

Have to come in and learn to do better and not have to many snacks

We're in this together ..so in the morning smile

Get on the scale then walk a mile

(if not in a blizzard, ice or rain or temps below 30):classic_smile:

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Good Morning - Thanks for the poem this morning Belle!

I will admit that I am a little disappointed as I lost NOTHING this week ... first time since this newest round that the scales didn't budge ... but, it is to be expected ...  Hopefully next week will be better.

Good luck to all!  Jan

Good morning Belle and Jan, am down another 3lbs.....I swear its because of all the tea and water I drink. I get my 10,000 steps just running to the mens room. I work in a large facility and have a golf cart to carry tool and supplies from one end of the building to the other, but I prefer to walk back and forth when working.... Hope everyone has a great week take care all, Rob

• Like 1

Hi All, as I said last week im away on holiday with the grandkids this week so no scales and no healthy eating - but ive managed to avoid desert each evening. Will try and get back on track monday...11months until my cruise so i really need to start ! Well done for the weight loss Rob.Jan- at least you didnt gain, Belle- I love the poems each week 

• Like 1

Hello,

Belle, good thoughts in your poem.

I lost 1 lb., that's 8 total and all the weight I gained over last Sept/Oct.'s 6 week cruise. Happy. 

Jan, sorry no loss. 

Rob, great loss this week. 

Annie, that's great to skip dessert. 

Have a good day everyone. 

Diana

• Like 1

Belle, thanks for the poem.  It's so true, eating right and exercising is so hard sometimes.

annie, good for you skipping dessert every night.  Enjoy your time with the grandkids.

Jan, sorry no loss this week.  I hope that you have a loss next week.

Rob, congrats on your loss.  That is awesome.

Diana, congrats on your loss, too.  I'm always happy when I see the scale go down.

I lost 1 lb this week, too.  

Rose

• Like 1

Nice poem Belle! So true, hard to get started on the exercise for me. I didn't check in last week, but lost 3 over the past 2 weeks, so I'm happy. I have not been good about going to my walking group, but I'm getting friends to join me, so that will get me out the door. It's so much easier to roll over and go back to sleep when it's 20 degrees outside! Walking is inside, but you have to get there first! Have a good week everyone!

• Like 1

Congrats on the losses and non-gains everyone.

I lost .6# from last week, which is a little less than I'd hoped with the increased activity but still a loss so I'll take it 🙂 We also had some heavy calorie days in the past 7, so the loss is pretty good.

I was the only one to make walking group today, and only did 45 minutes instead of the full hour (roads were nasty and I needed extra time).  I still got 2.5 miles and averaged a 17'09"/mi pace so I'm pleased.  Hubby and I have our second strength training circuit tonight - I think I'm going to do some foam rolling instead of cardio as a warm-up since I got the cardio in earlier.  Today was errand day too, so I'm already over 11K steps.

I bought extra fruits and veggies this week, tomorrow will be a prep day to make sure they get eaten.  I bought eggs too and will boil them tomorrow for easy lo-cal/high protein snacks.  Tonight is chili and cornbread (small piece) for an easy, flexible supper since we are on a different schedule than the kids.

Hi all!

Thanks for the welcome back.

Belle ~ nice ditty as usual & food for thought.

My cruise is 10 weeks away so I thought if I lost 2 lbs a week I could be 20 lbs lighter but can I do it?!!

Jan ~ how long did it take you to lose your 20 lbs?

I'm down 1.4 lbs so that's a start. I am now the same weight I was in July 2015 but still 20 lbs more than when I retired in 2007.

Good for you walkers!  There's a new walking group in our area but they go at 9:00 am on Sat mornings & I'm not setting the alarm & walking in the freezing cold for anything. I'm a fair weather walker if at all!😉

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Nice loss, Jo.  I've always heard 1-1.5# per week for women for weight loss, but even 10-15# loss would be great in my book 🙂I don't know if your loss has all been diet or if you have done some fitness too.  Remember that muscle is denser than fat, so the 10# loss if combined with muscle gain could have you trimmer than a higher just fat loss.  I was wearing a smaller size a few years ago at 155-160 than I did at 140-145 in college.

My walking group meets from 8-9 M-F, but I'm up by 6 each morning regardless.  I got a late start this morning because I had to drop some stuff off first, but got 2.5 miles in around 45 minutes.  I feel like I'm getting better sleep the past few nights and my hip didn't hurt this morning when tying my shoes 🙂 

Have a great weekend all!

Great to see you all here. Everyone had a good week. Some lost better others

but remember any loss is better than a gain

. I'm a stay the same weight again............

Eating right to not gain but not eating less enough to lose. Exercise is my downfall.

You that exercise are doing great. The walking groups are wonderful but to be

there at 8 or 9 am isn't happening with me. (they have one here but to early to cold to rainy)

Thanks for still liking my "poems". I hope they give you a smile in the morning and as the

saying goes.."food for thought"!:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Hi everyone, some losses and some no gains with no one really off track so seems like a really good week. Everyone is showing commitment to losing by checking in and sharing and encouraging each other.. Dropped my DW and DIL and 3 of my grandaughters to see Lion King jr..(the play) and since my friend who was going to have lunch was sick went to BK for a whopper meal forgot how much I liked that. Oh well now onto tonight to take my grandson to a hockey game.. Hartford wolfpack vs Providence Bruins.. Have a good weekend all.. Rob

• Like 1

Rob seems like you have both a relaxing and busy day,  Enjoy!

So has your wife left and came back already from her trip?

Yes so far a good week from people on the board this week.

Wishing we can keep it up every week but there can be bumps in the road.

But seems everyone is having more/good/better weeks then some weeks that aren't

as good.  We can do it...Won"t give up!

Good morning Belle, Oh no she doesn't take classes or own any school.  They call the group that participates in the Rio Carnival parade thru the Sambadrome a school, see I didn't say march as they don't march just dance. My wife was born and raised in Brazil and dancing is in their blood. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Thanks for the welcome back.

Belle ~ nice ditty as usual & food for thought.

My cruise is 10 weeks away so I thought if I lost 2 lbs a week I could be 20 lbs lighter but can I do it?!!

Jan ~ how long did it take you to lose your 20 lbs?

I'm down 1.4 lbs so that's a start. I am now the same weight I was in July 2015 but still 20 lbs more than when I retired in 2007.

Good for you walkers!  There's a new walking group in our area but they go at 9:00 am on Sat mornings & I'm not setting the alarm & walking in the freezing cold for anything. I'm a fair weather walker if at all!😉

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Sorry Jo that I haven't posted before this ... Its been crazy busy doing taxes ... I've done 207 so far ... I love helping others, but it seems to take a lot out of me every year.

I started my weight loss on October 18th -- that was my initial weight.  So about 4 months and a few days.  I think I've had a flu bug this week so think I'm down even more, we will see where it stands by Thursday (don't think the loss will stay) ... I've finally started on pepto bismol to see if that helps!!!!   My understanding that it is a "bug" that has been going around.

Hope you are doing ok ... take care, Jan