luggage drop in cabin

cruisamatic

I saw on Celebrity website for my cruise it stated I could drop my bags in my cabin as soon as I arrived on the ship then leave so cabin attendant can finish readying the cabin for us and explore the ship.

I’m pretty sure it is just on the Edge.  On the Edge you upload your photo when you do on-line check-in so when you arrive at the terminal you go through security And on the ship.  Your Sea Pass card is waiting for you at your cabin.  So you go there pick up your card and can drop your luggage.  The cabin may not be ready when you board but you can still get your cards & drop carry-ones.

i did check-in for a cruise on the Eclipse and no place to upload our photos so I am assuming that check in at the pier will be the same as it has been in the past.

You can drop your luggage at your room on Edge, but not the other ships, AFAIK.  Rina155, can you tell us where on the Celebrity website you saw that you can drop your luggage early (I assume you were looking at your upcoming Millennium cruise).

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

You can drop your luggage at your room on Edge, but not the other ships, AFAIK.  Rina155, can you tell us where on the Celebrity website you saw that you can drop your luggage early (I assume you were looking at your upcoming Millennium cruise).

I know I read it somewhere regarding my upcoming cruise, but this morning when going through everything trying to find where I read this I cannot find it!  Uggg. Hmm if I come across it again I will copy and paste along with a link to where it is referenced.   Oh my.  

The Celebrity App for our cruise on the Millennium next week advises that hand luggage can be left in the cabin prior to staterooms becoming available for passengers at 1pm.  The App asks that you drop your hand luggage off and leave the Stateroom to enable it to be prepared for your occupation.  This is a very helpful initiative.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why more people don't check their wheeled carryon luggage at the pier. It doesn't cost anything extra.

To save checked bag fees, we'll be carrying two wheeled pieces on the plane, but when we get to the pier, we plan to put luggage tags on them so they are delivered to our cabin later.

We'll just have a backpack and a beach bag  with us until we can get into our cabins.  As long as our bags are delivered to our cabin by 5pm, we will be fine.

Seems like the way to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woodsmiths said:

The Celebrity App for our cruise on the Millennium next week advises that hand luggage can be left in the cabin prior to staterooms becoming available for passengers at 1pm.  The App asks that you drop your hand luggage off and leave the Stateroom to enable it to be prepared for your occupation.  This is a very helpful initiative.

Yes I knew I saw it somewhere. I went back and found it. I am on the millennium and the app states I can leave my luggage in the stateroom until cabin is ready at 1 pm. 

01D7BBD0-95DF-4836-8643-F77621AD7AB3.png

13 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

Yes I knew I saw it somewhere. I went back and found it. I am on the millennium and the app states I can leave my luggage in the stateroom until cabin is ready at 1 pm. 

01D7BBD0-95DF-4836-8643-F77621AD7AB3.png

Thank you!  The bottom of that screen cap pic just answered a question I had about Equinox and whether it stays on US time since clocks in the Caribbean didn't "spring forward" on Sunday.

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I'm not sure why more people don't check their wheeled carryon luggage at the pier. It doesn't cost anything extra.

Well, its not about the cost.

We carry on an expensive dslr camera and lens ($5,000) two ipads, any jewelry or other expensive items, prescriptions, and a change of clothes. We will not check those valuables, but instead keep them in our possession. Sometimes i use a backpack, but usually a carryon works best, especially if we have our two bottles of carry on wine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

We carry on an expensive dslr camera and lens ($5,000) two ipads, any jewelry or other expensive items, prescriptions, and a change of clothes. We will not check those valuables, but instead keep them in our possession. Sometimes i use a backpack, but usually a carryon works best, especially if we have our two bottles of carry on wine.

That is why we also carry our carryon luggage with us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

As several others have said, it’s not about cost, it’s that our carryons have things like medications, cameras and other valuables in them. Exactly the type of things folks are wisely advised not to check. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

That makes sense.  I wouldnt check a bag with so many valuables in it either. 

3 hours ago, Swampbabe said:

I wouldn't check that bag nor would I leave it in an unlocked stateroom.

I wouldn't either.  One of the things we really enjoyed about our first HAL cruise this past summer is that all staterooms were ready when we were allowed to board, which iirc was before noon.   (I don't know how they do it, actually, because they don't kick disembarking passengers out of the cabins early either.)

Edited by Turtles06

On my past Carnival sailings, they had the same policy about not entering cabins or dropping carryon in the cabins until they were officially "open."  I might have broken the rules slightly and left a carryon in the cabin when I boarded and the Steward was ok with it.   Does anyone ever "break the rules" on Celebrity or are the stairwells and elevators all cordoned off to the cabins until 1? 

On 3/12/2019 at 12:29 PM, Swampbabe said:

I wouldn't check that bag nor would I leave it in an unlocked stateroom.

I agree. I’ve wondered how this works on Edge. We’re encouraged to take our carry on bags to our unlocked cabins, pick up our key cards, and leave (presumably, at that point, only our stateroom attendant can enter the locked cabin). 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, justcrusn said:

I assume you also check some luggage as it would be difficult to travel a week or more with two carry ons.