EZ Check - American Airlines

Happy2cruise

So American Airlines doesn't participate in the Princess' EZ Air program or EZ check?  I'm not sure what you mean by EZ check. ? We appear to have EZ Air on United going out West to Anchorage and American Airlines coming back East after the cruise. 

Thanks in advance for for clarifying. 

51 minutes ago, surfpa said:

So American Airlines doesn't participate in the Princess' EZ Air program or EZ check?  I'm not sure what you mean by EZ check. ? We appear to have EZ Air on United going out West to Anchorage and American Airlines coming back East after the cruise. 

Depends on which port you sail out of whether EZ-Check is available or not. It's not available at all at LA, according to what I was told by the Passenger Services Desk on the Ruby a week ago today. It is available, however, the last I knew at Fort Lauderdale, however. It's also been available the last 3 years or so at Seattle although there for the past 2 years it's been called Port Valet and is paid for by the Seattle port to make up for the inconvenience due to the construction going on at SeaTac airport. The Port Valet service is also being funded again by the Seattle port this year since construction is still ongoing. Thus it's a free service to all. That's true for all the cruise lines sailing out of Seattle although not all of them have been participating in it the last 2 years. Don't know if all the lines will participate this year or not.  To the best of my knowledge Carnival has not participated in the program either of the last 2 years but all other lines have. Whether that will hold true this year, I do not know yet.

Tom

3 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Was told by an American Airlines rep that they do not participate in EZ Check any longer.  Called Princess and they said it's true.  Has anyone heard about this?

I am curious on how you came across an American Airlines rep that would know anything about a minuscule cruise line program called EZ Check in the first place?

I didn't even think a Princess rep would know about it.   😁

2 hours ago, surfpa said:

AA participates in EZair as that program consists of the airline selling block airline tickets to Princess for a discount price similar to what most other airlines do.  The EZair program would only cease if all the airlines decided to not sell the block of tickets to Princess which is unlikely.  

EZcheck is where Princess picks up your luggage from your cabin, takes it to the airport and then the airline checks the luggage through to your destination without you being present.  That is where the problem exists in that AA will no longer check the luggage through to the destination.  This decision can be related to several items one of which is that the actual passenger is not personally presenting the luggage to the airline.  I can see a security issue in this highly charged era and AA no longer wants to take the risk.  I would expect other airlines to do the same eventually.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I am curious on how you came across an American Airlines rep that would know anything about a minuscule cruise line program called EZ Check in the first place?

I didn't even think a Princess rep would know about it.   😁

I am surprised the OP actually spoke to an AA rep on the phone.

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

AA participates in EZair as that program consists of the airline selling block airline tickets to Princess for a discount price similar to what most other airlines do.  The EZair program would only cease if all the airlines decided to not sell the block of tickets to Princess which is unlikely.  

EZcheck is where Princess picks up your luggage from your cabin, takes it to the airport and then the airline checks the luggage through to your destination without you being present.  That is where the problem exists in that AA will no longer check the luggage through to the destination.  This decision can be related to several items one of which is that the actual passenger is not personally presenting the luggage to the airline.  I can see a security issue in this highly charged era and AA no longer wants to take the risk.  I would expect other airlines to do the same eventually.   

I have never used Princess’s EZ check as it has not been available in San Pedro.

i do use Celebrity’s Luggage Valet service, which as described is similar.  It is alive and well on Celebrity.  The charge is $25 a person and it includes check in and your printed boarding pass. No reports of AA dropping out.

• 2 weeks later...

EZ check is a different program. It simplifies checking in with your luggage at the airport.I used it at the end of my cruise and it was handled through passenger services. it worked out  so well, for me. I'm disappointed that it may not be offered any more. I flew with AA out of Fort Lauderdale in February 2019.

EZAIR is for booking flights with the cruise personalizer. I also use it and find it to be an efficient way of booking and managing my flights.

• 4 months later...
Just now, happy cruzer said:

Some one kindly posted a form to a different thread which says all goes on the onboard account which I thought meant OBC could be used.  Just trying to plan ahead, thanks.

Hopefully that’s correct & my recollection was wrong. ☺️

On 8/30/2019 at 4:46 PM, Coral said:

Princess hasn't had any ships in FL this summer. So there are no recent users.

Used Easy Check on 27th. July, 2019 when Caribbean Princess sailed into Fort Lauderdale.

We were flying Domestic on Delta and were able to use the service.

There was a $30 charge per bag for Delta baggage fees and $25 fee per case for Easy Check.

Overweight bag charges were not applied. Bags were first off the carousel in Phoenix.

Boarding passes were delivered to cabin about 6pm on the last night. We were able to use our remaining OBC to pay charges.

Obviously not AA but Delta Easy Check was available at Fort Lauderdale very recently !

• Like 1