Information on your sailing?

Momma Mojito

1 minute ago, Momma Mojito said:

How soon before your cruise does Princess send our the info on Cruise Director, etc for your sailing?

A few weeks, maybe. If you are sailing soon what ship? Someone here may know the CD.

We used to get this sort of info in an email a short while before the cruise. The mail would list the CD, movies, production shows, etc. for the cruise. The mail would also be available to reference via your cruise personalizer. We haven't gotten that informative email for the last few years and the information is no longer available in the personalizer. Bummer.

2 hours ago, Momma Mojito said:

We are sailing April 8 on the Island Princess

We’re sailing in late April on the Royal & received an email about 6 weeks in advance which listed the maître d’.  That email & others like it have been basically advertisements for advance purchases.  Like others, haven’t seen an email about staff & entertainment options in several years.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, Travelingfreckles said:

I'm boarding the Regal on April 7th and I have received a few emails regarding the ship, dining and just Saturday one about the entertainment and cruise director. Also information about all the apps available since it's a Medallion cruise. 

Can you share that with us who don't get that info?Thanks!

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re sailing in late April on the Royal & received an email about 6 weeks in advance which listed the maître d’.  That email & others like it have been basically advertisements for advance purchases.  Like others, haven’t seen an email about staff & entertainment options in several years.

Princess seems to be hit or miss. I’m on the same sailing and I never received an email from Princess about the Maitre d’. I also never received an email about the ship being Medallion and to download OceanReady and order the Medallion. Everything I know is from our roll call, not Princess. 

1 hour ago, johnmik1 said:

Can you share that with us who don't get that info?Thanks!

Here you go johnmik1-

We received our medallions last week. Pretty cool looking. Can't wait to see how they work out. 

But here are the two important questions you probably have...

Ignazio D'Agostino, your maître d

Cruise Director, Corey Moir

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

We used to get this sort of info in an email a short while before the cruise. The mail would list the CD, movies, production shows, etc. for the cruise. The mail would also be available to reference via your cruise personalizer. We haven't gotten that informative email for the last few years and the information  no longer available in the personalizer. Bummer.

We received a similar email for our Crown Princess Christmas 2018 cruise about 3 weeks in advance.

I am sailing Ruby Princess on April 8. I just received this email on 3/24, a few days ago. 

764d3757d7b95ab779689ea5bf94b027.png

f421f9c81624a712ae94ab504da706be.png

207c0dc84c59f5c20009c6282c55f967.png

7e7f81522bc42dff92976a5a118a7c14.png

This is the first I've ever heard of Voice of the Ocean, I'm surprised I've never heard it mentioned anywhere on these forums. But it looks really neat and I'm very excited to follow along!

9 hours ago, Travelingfreckles said:

Here you go johnmik1-

We received our medallions last week. Pretty cool looking. Can't wait to see how they work out. 

But here are the two important questions you probably have...

Ignazio D'Agostino, your maître d

Cruise Director, Corey Moir

Thanks for the info!Was there any info on the Captain,Hotel General Manager and Entertainment Director?I called Princess last year about no longer receiving the precruise emails and they told me that my travel agent had requested that they be discontinued.She said that she never did that and called Princess and asked that the emails be reinstated which they never did.

9 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

This is the first I've ever heard of Voice of the Ocean, I'm surprised I've never heard it mentioned anywhere on these forums. But it looks really neat and I'm very excited to follow along!

There are a couple of relatively recent threads about participating in Voice of the Ocean:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, johnmik1 said:

Thanks for the info!Was there any info on the Captain,Hotel General Manager and Entertainment Director?I called Princess last year about no longer receiving the precruise emails and they told me that my travel agent had requested that they be discontinued.She said that she never did that and called Princess and asked that the emails be reinstated which they never did.

So silly of me, of course you want to know the captain 😊

In one email it said-"greetings from the bridge" so I'm guessing he's the captain: Tim Stringer. I couldn't find anything in the emails about those others you asked about. 

There also was something about prebooking photo pkg: $199 vs $249 onboard. 

Everything else was just links back to the princess site about that item. Just general information, no details specifically (like the guest entertainment or the specialty dining). 

You must be a planner like me. No surprises please. Let me find out as much as ai can beforehand 👍

First time on Regal for me so I'm super excited to see it. She looks like a beauty. I just can't wait to get into warm weather and shorts. Let's get this vacation started 🛳🌴🍹