Canned Soda Package

silversneakers

Maybe you are not aware, but you may carry, and even check, as much soda and other non-alcoholic beverage as you want. That is what we do at U.S. ports. We find the 7 ounce cans to be a handy size for on board. Less expensive and you get what you want.

35 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

On the website when you select the canned soda package it does say you can select which ones you would like but I don't see where it allows that option when ordering. Has anyone had any experience with this?

When you purchase that package--or any other in-cabin amenity--through the cruise personalizer there will be a voucher in your cabin for the number of packages you pre-paid for, not the actual sodas. So no way to select in advance; you will call room service to redeem the vouchers and tell them which combination of flavors you want. Given the fact that you can simply purchase the package onboard at your leisure--and if you were expecting to drink them right after boarding the reality is that (1) waits for room service are interminable on embarkation day (unless you are in a full suite); and (2) they will not be delivered cold, there is no real incentive to pay in advance.

10 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

According to the cruise personalizer you get 6 cans for the price of 5.  That would be somewhat of an incentive to pre-purchase. 

CD3ECE41-D715-455B-A639-1BC2AA19C075.jpeg

You can order this deal onboard as well......

But it does not allow you to pick the soda type when ordering. 

9 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

According to the cruise personalizer you get 6 cans for the price of 5.  That would be somewhat of an incentive to pre-purchase. 

CD3ECE41-D715-455B-A639-1BC2AA19C075.jpeg

How is that an incentive? 

The same "deal" is available onboard, same pricing.

Edited by reedprincess

6 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

The six-for-the-price-of-five sodas can be purchased by calling room service anytime during your cruise. So pre-paying offers no savings over buying the package as needed and charging to your shipboard account.

I’m sorry! I was not aware that the price was the same when purchased on board. I was assuming due to the wording you “get 6 for the price of 5” that it would cost more if purchased on board. 

I just can't see paying that much for 6 cans of soda when I could simply bring my own onboard and have the soda I preferred. The selection on Princess ships is severely limited.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just can't see paying that much for 6 cans of soda when I could simply bring my own onboard and have the soda I preferred. The selection on Princess ships is severely limited.

Hey are these relatives?

grak
  • Cool Cruiser
  • grak
  • January 4, 2009
  •  
  • 387 posts
  • Northern California
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Maybe you are not aware, but you may carry, and even check, as much soda and other non-alcoholic beverage as you want. That is what we do at U.S. ports. We find the 7 ounce cans to be a handy size for on board. Less expensive and you get what you want.

Were you able to read their question?

Edited by bemis12

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Hey are these relatives?

grak

• Cool Cruiser
  • grak
  • January 4, 2009
  •  
  • 387 posts
  • Northern California
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Sure... Just like everybody with Cool Cruiser by their names must be related to you as Colo Cruiser.

• Thanks 1