I have TWO cruises booked!

CruzerDeb

This is an absolute first for me and I couldn't be more excited!  I feel like I've "arrived", LOL.  I first fell in love with cruising in 2009 and knew I would love to cruise every year.  Which didn't happen. I've cruised in 2009, 2013, 2016 and 2018 (which isn't bad).  I now have a cruise scheduled for this June (Alaska with my mom) and just booked another one for April 2020 (birthday cruise for my DH).  My DH said I could also go on a cruise with my BFF if I wanted to.  I'm like, two cruises in one year?  YAY!  I haven't booked that one yet because we have a lot of trips planned already for this year, but maybe I'll do that next year.

I know that many of you cruise multiple times a year or every year, but this is huge for me and I'm so excited!

• Like 8

I also have 2 cruises booked for this year and it feels Amazing to be able to get on a ship twice in the same year!! I have a cruise booked for May and September and I cannot WAIT!! This is also a first for me too, with having 2 cruises booked. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.

• Like 1

I remember when I had more than one booked in a year. It helped when the first cruise was over knowing that another one was just around the corner. I envy you. I have 20 months to wait until my next cruise. :'-( I dream of the time I can book multiples in the same year again. Enjoy. It's an amazing feeling. 

I have two cruises booked as well, a first for me too!  I am cruising in November and December!  Thankfully, I have a couple of weekend trips planned and a trip to Portugal and Spain booked to keep me busy while I wait for November!  Have fun on your cruises! 

• Like 1

I did book 2 cruises a year ago. One was for this past March, which we sailed on the Breeze March 2, but the other was for April 11, 2020 to celebrate our 50th Anniversary. Well, we had so much fun on the Breeze cruise, that we wanted to have a longer cruise, so we added a 6 day on to our 8 day Magic cruise, giving us a B2B and 14 days at sea! So, now we leave on April 5, 2020! We are super excited! Once I return from that cruise, I will have to see what’s available for 2021! 

• Like 1

I remember having two cruises booked.  It was exciting!  I had never planned that much vacation activity before.  We'd already booked an anniversary cruise for the following year, right after coming back from our first one - we had such a good time, we knew we had to do it again.  A couple of months after making that booking, we decided to take my Mom on a cruise just a couple months into the future - well before our 2nd anniversary cruise.

Soon after the "Mom cruise", I booked us on another cruise (which is coming up shortly) because it had an interesting cabin type to try out (scenic ocean view - floor to ceiling windows, 20 feet wide, at the front of the ship).  So we again had two bookings for a while.  Then we got the itch to go to Cuba - so we booked a third!  We had to change that destination for a particular circumstance, but we still have a booking to somewhere interesting: Bermuda!  Yay!  Three cruises booked!

Since then, we've been on the second anniversary cruise, so you'd think that would mean we have two future cruises left, but instead we have five.  Yes, five.  A rare (for Port Canaveral) southern carib itinerary for our fourth anniv timeframe came up for the new/refurb Radiance that we jumped on.  And then I got the itch for a Western Carib cruise and there was a particular gap in our calendar to fill...and then the Mardi Gras itineraries got announced...

And yes, I still look to see if there is another gap to fill in our schedule - but we're doing a land-based vacay for our third anniversary, for a change.  But maybe I could squeeze one in right after...

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I remember having two cruises booked.  It was exciting!  I had never planned that much vacation activity before.  We'd already booked an anniversary cruise for the following year, right after coming back from our first one - we had such a good time, we knew we had to do it again.  A couple of months after making that booking, we decided to take my Mom on a cruise just a couple months into the future - well before our 2nd anniversary cruise.

Soon after the "Mom cruise", I booked us on another cruise (which is coming up shortly) because it had an interesting cabin type to try out (scenic ocean view - floor to ceiling windows, 20 feet wide, at the front of the ship).  So we again had two bookings for a while.  Then we got the itch to go to Cuba - so we booked a third!  We had to change that destination for a particular circumstance, but we still have a booking to somewhere interesting: Bermuda!  Yay!  Three cruises booked!

Since then, we've been on the second anniversary cruise, so you'd think that would mean we have two future cruises left, but instead we have five.  Yes, five.  A rare (for Port Canaveral) southern carib itinerary for our fourth anniv timeframe came up for the new/refurb Radiance that we jumped on.  And then I got the itch for a Western Carib cruise and there was a particular gap in our calendar to fill...and then the Mardi Gras itineraries got announced...

And yes, I still look to see if there is another gap to fill in our schedule - but we're doing a land-based vacay for our third anniversary, for a change.  But maybe I could squeeze one in right after...

Wowsa!  That's a lot of cruises . . . and a lot of fun to look forward to!

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

One of the great things about living in Florida is how easy and relatively cheap it is to cruise from ports in the state, which is why I usually have multiple future cruises booked all the time. 

We're making plans to move back to FLA when I retire... DH just amped the excitement for me by saying 'think about how many cruiseports are less then a few hours drive from where we'll be living?' YAAAAAA WHHHHOOO!

(not that I don't love Galveston, it's just that a variety would be nice!)

47 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

We're making plans to move back to FLA when I retire... DH just amped the excitement for me by saying 'think about how many cruiseports are less then a few hours drive from where we'll be living?' YAAAAAA WHHHHOOO!

(not that I don't love Galveston, it's just that a variety would be nice!)

That was always our plan, too, but the reality of the cost of moving there was not compatible with our retirement budget, so we are still up here in blustery Buffalo, NY. We actually went to Florida and looked at properties in several areas, but the homes that we could afford, I wouldn’t want a dog to live in. Certainly not what a home at a comparable price in our area of NYS would give you. It was very disappointing. So, our dream is on hold, and flights to Florida for cruises keeps us at only doing one per year. But for our next cruise to celebrate our 50th Anniversary, we are driving to Ft Lauderdale, and we booked a B2B. We figured for what we were saving in airfare, we could squeeze in another week in an inside cabin. We will have 14 days at sea!! 

• Like 1

Congratulations CruzerDeb!  It really IS an addiction.  Very happy to see another family addicted to "Ocean Crack".  Now that we're both retired - it's pretty much all we do!  Really downsized so that we could afford to travel.  Currently have 8 cruises booked and can't wait for Fall 2021 to open so we can book another.  Gonna keep it up as long as our health holds out.  

11 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

This is an absolute first for me and I couldn't be more excited!  I feel like I've "arrived", LOL.  I first fell in love with cruising in 2009 and knew I would love to cruise every year.  Which didn't happen. I've cruised in 2009, 2013, 2016 and 2018 (which isn't bad).  I now have a cruise scheduled for this June (Alaska with my mom) and just booked another one for April 2020 (birthday cruise for my DH).  My DH said I could also go on a cruise with my BFF if I wanted to.  I'm like, two cruises in one year?  YAY!  I haven't booked that one yet because we have a lot of trips planned already for this year, but maybe I'll do that next year.

I know that many of you cruise multiple times a year or every year, but this is huge for me and I'm so excited!

Good for you. Hope that you have a wonderful time. Family is going to Alaska in June as well...but on Princess.

Go back a few years and I was posting in here how I didn’t know how people could book more than 6 months in advance. Now I just got off a ship 5 weeks ago, I have three more that have been booked for 6-12 months. I’m looking at booking another this year, another next year. I’m looking at 2021. It’s insanity.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

I’m on the Ruby Princess in June. 

We are on the Star Princess. It's a welcome home cruise for one of our sons who is returning from his latest deployment.

• Like 2

From one Deb to another, I also have 2 booked  for the first time with the 2nd being 2 years away!! and you know what?  I already check for price drops on it!  (so far down $50 hoping for more) #lottapricechecks

• Like 1