Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

3 hours ago, villauk said:

Our OceanReady is fine, but our DSs won’t show green on the ‘Cruise Personalizer’ on the app, even though it’s fine on My Princess and I’ve been able to print out the boarding passes. Any ideas why it’s not working? Can’t understand if it okay on website and shows complete, yet it won’t show that on the app? 

I would call Princess. I had a a problem with mine, called them. They were able to diagnose the problem by looking in the background where we cannot go. No point in getting frustrated.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, teachkeegan said:

We're on the Crown in September.  Since we just made final payment I was able to become Ocean Ready.  Wait until after final payment.  I had no problems at all 

Thanks, that's what I figured.

*****! I had uploaded our photos a while aog, all was green, now I fire up the App and it has no photos! This is the biggest POS app I've used in awhile...

To make it more fun, ocean.com has both of our photos!

Edited by CruiseVA

I've recently booked a cruise on the Island Princess for December which will not be Medallion....after just recently getting off the the CB with the full OM experience I will be curious to see how much I miss it.

2 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I've recently booked a cruise on the Island Princess for December which will not be Medallion....after just recently getting off the the CB with the full OM experience I will be curious to see how much I miss it.

might be an interesting thread for people who have already experienced that ...

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

might be an interesting thread for people who have already experienced that ...

I can't tell you what I miss, but I can tell you what I liked:

1) Faster internet - when it worked. Then again, it wasn't reliable on regular ships either.

2) Unlocking the cabin door - when the door actually unlocked. sometimes it had to unlock a few times before the door handle really unlocked.

3) Apps were hit or miss - sometimes they worked, and sometimes they didn't. The free drink for your first order was a nice bonus. Also had to keep re-logging in. 

4) The big screens by the elevator worked better, but were not very user friendly (had to know which deck something was on if you wanted to find it, and get directed there). Also, the screens were single purpose (like each app). So if you wanted to locate someone, you had to find a screen that had the locate feature. 

5) Chat feature was ok. But, if you have unlimited internet, e-mail is easier. Note: You can share the internet (4 device feature), but then you loose the chat feature because the chat feature is tied to the internet login (unlike the apps, which you login separately).

6) Sport band - could wear the medallion like a watch. Clip is nice too, but not good for swimming.

On a regular ship, I would miss:

1) Faster internet

2) locate feature

3) Medallion on wrist (vs cruise card on lanyard or pocket).

4) On a regular ship, I would appreciate not having to have my phone for the added functions.

I've looked through most of the pages but haven't found where anyone has given an actual dimension of the medallion. The Princess website says it's about the size of a quarter but it sure looks bigger than that in when seen on someone's wrist. Would someone be willing to measure it and report back? Thanks so much!

15 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Here is a picture of mine with a quarter

medallion.JPG

Thanks CCFC. (Your edit with the diameter beat me to it! Lol)

A quarter has a diameter of .955 inch (24.26 mm) and a thickness of .069 inch (1.75 mm).

The OM is certainly bigger than a quarter....

Cheers. Bill 

Edited by OzPilot

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Just returned from our Royal cruise that had medallions --- now what?  Don't want to keep them, how do you dispose of them since they have our names on them?

From the computer's point of view, the medallion is just a Number. That number is tied to you on a particular voyage. On another ship, the number (medallion) is not recognized. Also, the battery will die in a few weeks.

So, merely having your name on the medallion is not much help. There is lots of mail you throw away with your name on it.

On your next cruise, you will get a new medallion with a new number. That new number is then tied to you on the ship. Rinse and repeat.

Same as a cruise card. Your cruise card has your name on it, but is not recognized on any other cruise.

I wonder if Princess will offer Elites permanent medallions with replaceable batteries?

Edited by richmke

43 minutes ago, richmke said:

From the computer's point of view, the medallion is just a Number. That number is tied to you on a particular voyage. On another ship, the number (medallion) is not recognized. Also, the battery will die in a few weeks.

So, merely having your name on the medallion is not much help. There is lots of mail you throw away with your name on it.

On your next cruise, you will get a new medallion with a new number. That new number is then tied to you on the ship. Rinse and repeat.

Same as a cruise card. Your cruise card has your name on it, but is not recognized on any other cruise.

I wonder if Princess will offer Elites permanent medallions with replaceable batteries?

Thanks.  From a battery perspective, our trash company has strict guidelines on disposal.  Definitely not a regular household battery category (AA, AAA, etc.).  Is it a lithium type? 

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks.  From a battery perspective, our trash company has strict guidelines on disposal.  Definitely not a regular household battery category (AA, AAA, etc.).  Is it a lithium type? 

Here’s a previously posted photo if you want to disassemble the OM to remove the battery.

0EDC3F02-C90E-46C1-A681-AD039A2ADC6A.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I leave in 1.5 weeks and NOW I get yet another email that it needs my visa (born & bred in California. Sailing from Florida to Quebec) my dilemma is :: how do I cancel the medallion accessories ordered as website still states in process? Do I just cancel all?

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I leave in 1.5 weeks and NOW I get yet another email that it needs my visa (born & bred in California. Sailing from Florida to Quebec) my dilemma is :: how do I cancel the medallion accessories ordered as website still states in process? Do I just cancel all?

Perhaps your best bet is to call the help line.

1-844-525-0942, open 0500-2100 PDT Monday-Friday and 0600-1800 PDT Saturday/Sunday.

No techies available on Saturday/Sunday.

Reportedly, best help comes from selecting 1 when get automated answer with prompt list.

Good Luck!