Ocean Medallion Question Thread - Part 1

Host CJSKIDS

On 5/24/2019 at 3:53 PM, jovisoul said:

I just spoke to an Ocean Navigator and she said that because the Crown isn't yet on Ocean Ready that I couldn't sign on. I tried to explain to her that I have already been on the app and entered all of my information before. She just kept saying it's because the Crown isn't hooked up yet. She didn't get what I was saying.

The Ocean Ready App will only allow you to go so far until 1) the ship becomes Medallion and 2) your cruise is loaded into the system....about 40 days before your cruise. 

24 minutes ago, UPGrandma said:

The Ocean Ready App will only allow you to go so far until 1) the ship becomes Medallion and 2) your cruise is loaded into the system....about 40 days before your cruise. 

I was actually able to enter all information and order my Medallions at 90 days!

12 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Thank you for your wise and thoughtful post. 😊

He keeps his mind sharp by doing crosswords and other thinking games on the computer. I will show him your post and see if that changes his mind to at least give it a try.

He'll love those same crosswords on a SmartPhone in his pocket.  My wife didn't want a SmartPhone.  She was afraid it would ring in an auditorium and embarrass her.  I found an iPhone 6+ on ebay for $150 so she could try it.  She didn't know that it could be kept perpetually on vibrate.  She discovered that FreeCell works as well on a SmartPhone as on a computer, and that SmartPhone is always with her when she's bored, doesn't have the computer at hand, and is ready to fill her time with FreeCell.  Now she's advanced beyond that start though she'll never be like a thumb typing teenager.  Your Dad will love the portability and the freedom from being chained to a computer.

I have question that I couldn’t readily resolve through the search function - so I apologize if it has been previously answered.

We are on a B2B2B in September. Will we receive multiple medallions? Does Princess automatically forward the medallions or does each segment need to have a separate request?

thank you!

4 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

I have question that I couldn’t readily resolve through the search function - so I apologize if it has been previously answered.

We are on a B2B2B in September. Will we receive multiple medallions? Does Princess automatically forward the medallions or does each segment need to have a separate request?

thank you!

You will get one Medallion good for your B2Bs. Be sure Princess or your TA has linked the bookings. 

Hoping someone might have some advice before I resort to calling Princess...

We sail August 3rd and have 2 rooms. Room 1 is myself and DD; room 2 is grandma and DS. I have ocean ready on my phone for room  and grandma has it on hers for room 2. I and the kids are in Canada so, when I filled out my info, I had to choose pick up at port for medallion. Grandma is in the US so when she filled hers out she opted for mailing. DS does not have any info filled out on his yet as grandma doesn't have his passport, etc.

Today, grandma received her medallion in the mail. Except it has DS name on it. Not only did we not order one yet for DS, but none of his info is completed so no idea how/why he has received one. Grandma leaves on Monday for Canada so there is no chance of getting another before that time....

My question is....what do we do? Just show up at port and hope they can fix it? My fear is that the medallion she received is hers but with the wrong name. I assume that will cause an issue at the port....Has anyone had this happen?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, idahospud said:

You will get one Medallion good for your B2Bs. Be sure Princess or your TA has linked the bookings. 

Uh - oh.....

I’m not going to tell my husband who is already ticked that Princess is messing with his cruise card collection on our refrigerator door!

8 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

Uh - oh.....

I’m not going to tell my husband who is already ticked that Princess is messing with his cruise card collection on our refrigerator door!

So are you wanting a new one for each of the sailings?

2 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

Although what he really wants is his standard sail and sign card, he’ll be even more annoyed if there is only one medallion. He is just not embracing the change 🙂

We just gout our Medallions.  Just one for our B2B cruise.  😞 Maybe they will issue a 2nd one onboard?  

8 minutes ago, mringenoldus said:

Although what he really wants is his standard sail and sign card, he’ll be even more annoyed if there is only one medallion. He is just not embracing the change 🙂

You can ask to be issued a cruise card once you are onboard.

we are on a b2b2b2b on the Crown starting the end of August. Princess told me that one medallion each will cover us for the entire trip. I look at Ocean Now and I see our entire itinerary.  Note we have 4 bookings, ,but one cabin for the duration.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:57 PM, Thrak said:

I would rather put up with having to check for messages than have to hear a bazillion stupid phones going off to let folks know they have a message.

AGREE 100%

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hoping someone might have some advice before I resort to calling Princess...

We sail August 3rd and have 2 rooms. Room 1 is myself and DD; room 2 is grandma and DS. I have ocean ready on my phone for room  and grandma has it on hers for room 2. I and the kids are in Canada so, when I filled out my info, I had to choose pick up at port for medallion. Grandma is in the US so when she filled hers out she opted for mailing. DS does not have any info filled out on his yet as grandma doesn't have his passport, etc.

Today, grandma received her medallion in the mail. Except it has DS name on it. Not only did we not order one yet for DS, but none of his info is completed so no idea how/why he has received one. Grandma leaves on Monday for Canada so there is no chance of getting another before that time....

My question is....what do we do? Just show up at port and hope they can fix it? My fear is that the medallion she received is hers but with the wrong name. I assume that will cause an issue at the port....Has anyone had this happen?

Call the number on ocean ready and tell them what happened. It really is not a big deal.  There will be people showing up at the port who do not have their medallion or they have not filled out anything on the ocean ready app.  So first call Princess ocean now IT desk and tell them.  When I sailed in Feb; there were a lot of people who did not have medallions; the Princess ocean reps took security pics and helped them fill out the paperwork

Not caring for the idea that the medallion will track your movements on the ship.   See enough of that everyday simply by being on the computer and using a smart phone.   I am not aware that the cruise card has this ability.  Am I naive?

15 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just show up. They will fix everything at embarkation. The Medallions are just a number linked to a passenger. If the medallion she received is linked to her, they may be able to change the link to your son. In any case, they can also just issue new medallions (and deactivate the one they sent).

15 minutes ago, Northern Light said:

Not caring for the idea that the medallion will track your movements on the ship.   See enough of that everyday simply by being on the computer and using a smart phone.   I am not aware that the cruise card has this ability.  Am I naive?

What difference does it make? They already know you are on a ship in the middle of the ocean. When my wife goes to Costco or a restaurant or to Lowe's or pretty much anywhere FB wants her to "check in". That is what I call intrusive tracking. I honestly don't understand why people who have FB accounts worry about being "tracked" on a ship.

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

What difference does it make? They already know you are on a ship in the middle of the ocean. When my wife goes to Costco or a restaurant or to Lowe's or pretty much anywhere FB wants her to "check in". That is what I call intrusive tracking. I honestly don't understand why people who have FB accounts worry about being "tracked" on a ship.

Please don't make a presumption....I am not on FB for that very reason.  Pop up ads are bad enough.  Do I need for someone on the ship to know every time I head to the loo, don't think so!!!  Just want to know if the card has tracking abilities.

Edited by Northern Light

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I don't have any social media accounts,  I use my smartphone to make phone calls and take photos, and I keep it on " do not disturb". In short, I am not glued to my device and for the life of me cannot see how the OM is going to make my life on board any easier. In fact, for my next cruise, I plan to print out my documents and just show up at the port. Pre-cruise prep time = 5 minutes.

Once on board, I'll request a cruise card and put the medallion in the safe.  When I want a wee dram or two in the evening, I'll wrap a two dollar bill around my cruise card and I'll guarantee you the waiter will remember my name and drink choice for the rest of the cruise.

As far as tracking where She Who Must Be Obeyed is on the ship, she always shows up sooner or later.  We don't gamble, so I don't need the OM app there.  

Am I missing out on some whiz bang feature of the OM that will make me change my mind?

Edited by SargassoPirate

12 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

I don't have any social media accounts,  I use my smartphone to make phone calls and take photos, and I keep it on " do not disturb". In short, I am not glued to my device and for the life of me cannot see how the OM is going to make my life on board any easier. In fact, for my next cruise, I plan to print out my documents and just show up at the port. Pre-cruise prep time = 5 minutes.

Once on board, I'll request a cruise card and put the medallion in the safe.  When I want a wee dram or two in the evening, I'll wrap a two dollar bill around my cruise card and I'll guarantee you the waiter will remember my name and drink choice for the rest of the cruise.

As far as tracking where She Who Must Be Obeyed is on the ship, she always shows up sooner or later.  We don't gamble, so I don't need the OM app there.  

Am I missing out on some whiz bang feature of the OM that will make me change my mind?

My sentiments exactly.   

I have just seen this sticky and thought I’d try and read about the Ocean Medalions. We are sailing Aug3 and I was unaware that you had to download an App. I did that and it will not accept my reservation number.  So that’s as far as I got.  We are from Canada so am I to understand that we will pick up our medalions at the port check in?  Since it has never been mentioned to us that we will have to check in on an app and order medalions, I’m not sure what we do.    I checked in online more than a month ago, and have the boarding passes and luggage tags, so I thought that was all that was required. 

So shall we just disregard the fact we can’t check in on the app and just proceed as we normally would have in the past?  Thanks. Pj

8 minutes ago, pj-atsea said:

I have just seen this sticky and thought I’d try and read about the Ocean Medalions. We are sailing Aug3 and I was unaware that you had to download an App. I did that and it will not accept my reservation number.  So that’s as far as I got.  We are from Canada so am I to understand that we will pick up our medalions at the port check in?  Since it has never been mentioned to us that we will have to check in on an app and order medalions, I’m not sure what we do.    I checked in online more than a month ago, and have the boarding passes and luggage tags, so I thought that was all that was required. 

So shall we just disregard the fact we can’t check in on the app and just proceed as we normally would have in the past?  Thanks. Pj

Princess doesn't ship to Canada.

You can pick up your medallions at check-in.

You've already checked-in and printed your documents and can proceed as usual.