diamond lounge access for non diamond family member

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

🤔D+ still allowed in CL.  Plenty of them on Serenade now.

Poor choice of wording on my part - should have said on ships where CL is now a suite lounge.  Just off the Navigator and there is now a suite lounge, not CL.  Diamond lounge was small and crowded.  D+ only has access to DL.  

Perhaps CL on Serenade will change eventually. 

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

4 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

Perhaps CL on Serenade will change eventually. 

Maybe, but Royal has yet to convert a specific venue from CL to SL.  They have had opportunities to do that on Radiance and Vision class ships, and have not.  Perhaps the suite numbers on the smaller ships just don't warrant the SL at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe, but Royal has yet to convert a specific venue from CL to SL.  They have had opportunities to do that on Radiance and Vision class ships, and have not.  Perhaps the suite numbers on the smaller ships just don't warrant the SL at this point.

Agreed

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've seen it happen on top heavy cruises. The Mariner Odyssey was that way. 

We dont even go to CL in the evening this trip,  Safari Club 🐘🦁🐯🦏 much more civilized 

I am with you, safari club has much nicer seating.  View of the wake and sunset must be amazing.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree...we love those aft lounges also.  That's why we prefer the DL on Rhapsody.  

Will be on Mariner next month..will be interesting to see the changes.  Sister is on board also, and is Diamond...so we will stick to the Diamond lounge with her.  Just a JS on this trip.  I am guessing not going to be very busy in there with school out by then.  

Hey lady!! :-) We'll be on the Mariner this Monday...

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I've noticed that trend lately on CC that some waiting to become diamond think those of us that are diamond or higher that are voicing our concerns or dislikes about non diamonds sneaking into the DL or being brought in by another diamond or above are fretting over nothing. Unfortunately because of that the DLCs need to be verifying who is entering the DL. That process has been hit and miss by some of the DLCs on our cruises.

We were able to get in the CL (D+ AKA Royal DS :classic_wink:) on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.  We preferred the DL over the CL on that ship. 

With access to both lounges, I don't know who would choose the enclosed room of the cl over the larger room with sea views of the dl.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

With access to both lounges, I don't know who would choose the enclosed room of the cl over the larger room with sea views of the dl.  

Agree. Walked in, turned around  and went straight to the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Walked in, turned around  and went straight to the DL. 

I stopped in at the beginning of happy hour to get a drink for the elevator ride and walk to the dl.  Very convenient if your cabin is near for a morning cup of coffee and juice.  

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I've noticed that trend lately on CC that some waiting to become diamond think those of us that are diamond or higher that are voicing our concerns or dislikes about non diamonds sneaking into the DL or being brought in by another diamond or above are fretting over nothing. Unfortunately because of that the DLCs need to be verifying who is entering the DL. That process has been hit and miss by some of the DLCs on our cruises.

We were able to get in the CL (D+ AKA Royal DS :classic_wink:) on our March 2019 B2B cruise on the Freedom.  We preferred the DL over the CL on that ship. 

We also enjoy the open airy feel of the DL on Freedom.  Is the CL still in that inside (no windows) area?  We are not back on Freedom until 2021 out of PR.  Wondered if the SL is going in...or already has?  

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Totally agree and was the point I have been making on posts also.  Just not enough full suites on Vision class (especially) to warrant full suites only.  Place would be a ghost town.  When they tried to do that temporarily on Rhapsody...that is exactly what happened.  New concierge in the CL (who initiated that attempt) had no customers...while Alan in the DL was swamped.  

Edited by island lady

38 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Hey lady!! 🙂 We'll be on the Mariner this Monday...

Hello there Bill!!  🙂   We are actually starting our journey back home in the land yacht...and have been down here playing in your backyard.  We spent a week kayaking on Blackwater river to the west of you, then spent the last four weeks in Santa Rosa Beach and Grayton Beach.  We are currently down here on St. George Island.  Bucky is really enjoying his beach time.  Such beautiful beaches here!  

We are on Mariner next month.  Have not been aboard since she used to be in PC as home base.  She was our very first RCI ship.  We are receiving another crystal block on board.... perfect timing.  

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

We also enjoy the open airy feel of the DL on Freedom.  Is the CL still in that inside (no windows) area?  We are not back on Freedom until 2021 out of PR.  Wondered if the SL is going in...or already has?  

The CL is on deck 10 midship.  No windows. 👎 I thought we heard while onboard that cloud nine and or seven hearts was going to be turned into the SL. Or possibly I had one too many that night.🍺 🍷

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, frank808 said:

We actually used the DL for happy hour, then stopped by the CL for a quick night cap after dinner.  I also used it for morning coffee.  Was close to our cabin on that deck.  Me being lazy of course.  😉 

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I stopped in at the beginning of happy hour to get a drink for the elevator ride and walk to the dl.  Very convenient if your cabin is near for a morning cup of coffee and juice.  

Yup, exactly!  😉 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hello there Bill!!  🙂   We are actually starting our journey back home in the land yacht...and have been down here playing in your backyard.  We spent a week kayaking on Blackwater river to the west of you, then spent the last four weeks in Santa Rosa Beach and Grayton Beach.  We are currently down here on St. George Island.  Bucky is really enjoying his beach time.  Such beautiful beaches here!  

We are on Mariner next month.  Have not been aboard since she used to be in PC as home base.  She was our very first RCI ship.  We are receiving another crystal block on board.... perfect timing.  

Enjoy your cruise!  🙂 

You guys sure were close to me.....next time let me know and I'll stop by, have a beverage, and give Bucky a big old wet one! ha!

I think our next block will be Harmony in the Fall......might do a short one this summer.

3 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

You guys sure were close to me.....next time let me know and I'll stop by, have a beverage, and give Bucky a big old wet one! ha!

I think our next block will be Harmony in the Fall......might do a short one this summer.

Bucky just got back from his beach walk...and of course had funny comments to make...that I can not post here.  😂

He said he misses you too.  😘

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky just got back from his beach walk...and of course had funny comments to make...that I can not post here.  😂

He said he misses you too.  

Got me laughing good on that one! Dang Bucky! Anyway, looking at the 11/10 Harmony. Guess we'll see once we're on the Mariner next week if the deals still good. 

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CL is on deck 10 midship.  No windows. 👎 I thought we heard while onboard that cloud nine and or seven hearts was going to be turned into the SL. Or possibly I had one too many that night.🍺 🍷

Nooo...a true Royal DS could never have too many drinky-poos... 😄   I am going to assume the writing is on the wall with Freedom, and the SL conversion is in the plans.  Bye-bye D+.  😞 

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Got me laughing good on that one! Dang Bucky! Anyway, looking at the 11/10 Harmony. Guess we'll see once we're on the Mariner next week if the deals still good. 

Dang...we are missing you on that one also.  We are booked on Harmony on 12/8.  Yeah, you would have been ROTFL with his "wise" comments.  🤣

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Dang...we are missing you on that one also.  We are booked on Harmony on 12/8.  Yeah, you would have been ROTFL with his "wise" comments.  🤣

Oh, the Buckmeister always had me rolling! :-) I put on a huge convention at Disney beginning of Dec, so no cruising then....

On 4/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, #1cruiseaholic said:

At this point in my life I do my own thing and enjoy the perks and really don't care what others think as I walk through the schooner bar.

Agree 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

It was still a CL last June when we were on Freedom.

Independence after her refit had quite a few cabins put it where her CL was on deck 10 and a new SL on deck 14 on the opposite side of the VCL to the DL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It was still a CL last June when we were on Freedom.

Independence after her refit had quite a few cabins put it where her CL was on deck 10 and a new SL on deck 14 on the opposite side of the VCL to the DL.

Agree. Where the seven hearts and cloud nine currently (on the Freedom) are. IMO nice place for another lounge. 

Edited by davekathy

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

I am with you, safari club has much nicer seating.  View of the wake and sunset must be amazing.

Glass is a little dirty, so this is sunset tonight from Laura's cabin on 8

20190501_171840.thumb.jpg.8b487cfd463237f5d354ecc2ead7cfd7.jpg

• Like 1