diamond lounge access for non diamond family member

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I emailed C&A and they confirmed the drink coupons can be shared.  

No doubt, but I couldn't begin to tell you how many posters have shared that the C&A reps shoreside are clueless 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, biomedbob said:

I agree that the DL is losing appeal.  On the Grandeur the DL can only be accessed by walking through the Schooner Bar.  It's become a gathering place for D+ and P's to sit and comment on the freeloaders passing through.

freeloaders?  🤨

On 4/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, Retired LEO said:

That reminds me of the concierge on the Enchantment. Shortly after 5:00 she would pick up her clipboard and face the room. Once she started checking cabin numbers about 1/4 of the room would get up and walk out.

Good for her!!  The DL on EN does seem to be a magnet for "sneak ins" for some reason.  

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy to sneak in the back stairs😉

Maybe it’s me, but I just can’t see lowering myself to sneak into a venue where I clearly do not belong. Too old for high school actions. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, gerif said:

Maybe it’s me, but I just can’t see lowering myself to sneak into a venue where I clearly do not belong. Too old for high school actions. 

I'm not sneaking anywhere. No need. I was just pointing out there are two ways into that venue. 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sneaking anywhere. No need. I was just pointing out there are two ways into that venue. 

Oh, no - hope I didn’t seem like I was referring to you at all. You don’t need to sneak anywhere. 

We were on Oasis last year with our adult kids and their significant others. When they came to get DH and I in the DL for dinner, the concierge allowed all 6 of them inside to get us and even got each of them a drink! They all had the DX drink package but we were still uncomfortable with them being in there, so DH and we quickly left with them each night. We tipped the concierge generously that week for being so accommodating. Our DD had gotten recently engaged (now married), so we were all in celebration mode! Hope we didn't ruffle too many feathers!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:36 AM, cello56 said:

At least you have done a crossing before! THis is our first crossing, and first cruise that we have ever had to fly home from! OMG! 41 cruises in a row where I just packed whatever I thought I might possibly need! Last cruise my suitcase weighed in at 76 pounds! LOL! How are we ever going to get this down to 50 pounds each? 

Leave space for purchases during your trip. We will usually cram our backpacks with heavy stuff and then weigh the luggage to make sure we aren't over the weight limit. We then put the heavy stuff back into the luggage so we don't have to wear a heavy backpack all the time. Right before we check the luggage we stick the heavy stuff back into our backpacks. 

On 4/21/2019 at 2:58 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

Every cruise we’ve been on lately they check everyone for the first few days until they got to know us, then occasionally checked when they didn’t recognize someone. On our last cruise they politely had to tell many people to leave on various nights. 

I just got off the Independence last week. Mihee (Meehee?) was the DL concierge. She went around with her clip board introducing herself to everyone and checking us off the list. I'm glad she did this because the ones that made that level or higher are the only ones that should get the benefits from it. She was also very friendly going around chatting with people during the cruise. She took an interest in the passengers. She was really nice. Last November on the Serenade he ( I don't remember his name) talked to people coming in and asked for our names. I didn't see him look at a list, but maybe he did as we continued in. Last October on the Explorer in the concierge lounge he (I also don't remember his name) also checked to see if you were supposed to be there as you came in.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:54 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

I love these kind of comments.    How could you possibly know the C&A  level of those sitting at the schooner bar.    Many, including me, don’t wear any C&A pin  and don’t wear a room key on the lanyard that might expose the crown and anchor level   

enjoy

m

I wear a lanyard most all of the time.  I keep my phone in my pockets and often whenever I pull my phone out cards will stick to the case and fall out. I unfortunately lost 2 credit cards this way. I would be in a hurry to get out of the store and stick it in my pocket and not in my purse. It took the second time for me to learn. :classic_ohmy:  The only time I carry a purse on board is formal nights and sometimes going to the DL. My gowns don't have pockets and often the clothes I wear into the DL don't either.

The one I wear is a small waterproof case that is just a tiny bit bigger than the sea pass card and will also hold some cash. This way if I want to tip someone some extra cash I will have it with me. Along with prepaid gratuities and extra tips in envelopes at the end of the cruise, I don't always see the ones that go above and beyond again. Yes the lanyards with a container are nice to wear, at least for us. 

Also, I didn't realize that the sea passes have your level on them. I will have to look at the one from last week. I know our suite one was gold which meant we were in a suite, but I wasn't award that it had the C & A level on it.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not even for a big tip? 🤔 👍

Money can't buy everything. :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy to sneak in the back stairs😉

Shhhhh....need to keep that secret stairway a secret!!  Though I think the concierge in there is very attune to anyone coming up those stairs during happy hour.  I am surprised they don't lock that door, it's just the rope off.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I feel it goes against the intent of the program, but that's just me

Agreed!  I don't think they should be shared. Just met someone back from a cruise saying how "nice" it was that their new diamond friends "shared" - the women didn't drink but the husbands would have 3 drinks each after dinner.  I think  it could lead to removal of coupons if the practice becomes wide spread.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squadron said:

Agreed!  I don't think they should be shared. Just met someone back from a cruise saying how "nice" it was that their new diamond friends "shared" - the women didn't drink but the husbands would have 3 drinks each after dinner.  I think  it could lead to removal of coupons if the practice becomes wide spread.

I have mixed emotions about this whole "sharing" thing. First, let me say we have never shared our D drinks. However, we have shared our balcony discount with non Diamond members. That perk seems to be shared by a lot of people. And... it seems to be encouraged by RCI! Why is that perk allowed to be shared and the 3 free drinks aren't? Our friends haven't "earned" the balcony discount any more than they have earned a free drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

. And... it seems to be encouraged by RCI! Why is that perk allowed to be shared and the 3 free drinks aren't? 

People in here make a big deal about not sharing the package, the crew won’t care if you share your free  drinks we always walk away from a bar with our free drinks in our hands. It’s obvious we can’t drink 6 drink in one minute but they don’t care 

my friends love when I travel with them 😂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, healthworker said:

Just wondering if you are permitted to order the three drinks loaded on seapass and give away one to non diamond family member? Thanks for all the info provided so far. Want to play by the rules

Last year on Harmony I ordered my 3 drinks as well as DW’s 3 while in the MDR. We had the waiter give them directly to our daughter and son in law (they weren’t diamond and we had deluxe drink package). No one batted an eye. 

• Haha 1