diamond lounge access for non diamond family member

9 hours ago, 3CatsInMA said:

Fair enough...that thought went through my head as well.  However the concierge was not the person checking the cards.  Checker was sitting at his desk, two feet away from me, greeting myself and my wife either by name or saying "Welcome back, beautiful people!" as our cards were being examined.

On a slightly amusing note....this one CL/SL concierge (I think he was on the Serenade) left voice messages in the cabin two times a day, welcoming us and calling us "my beautiful people",......boy was I flattered!
It was a recording that played (in his voice, that played in all D+ and P cabins) two times a day, explaining what events were scheduled for the day and he welcomed "his beautiful Diamond plus and Pinnacle guests". It showed up as a voice mail, phone did not ring or anything......I thought it was a lovely touch! DH thought it was nice but also annoying ! LOL!😁.

19 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

On a slightly amusing note....this one CL/SL concierge (I think he was on the Serenade) left voice messages in the cabin two times a day, welcoming us and calling us "my beautiful people",......boy was I flattered!
It was a recording that played (in his voice, that played in all D+ and P cabins) two times a day, explaining what events were scheduled for the day and he welcomed "his beautiful Diamond plus and Pinnacle guests". It showed up as a voice mail, phone did not ring or anything......I thought it was a lovely touch! DH thought it was nice but also annoying ! LOL!😁.

Mario Reyes, we se him tomorrow. 16 days of My Beautiful People. 🤣

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I can't remember the last time the concierge has not checked SeaPass/or asked cabin numbers in the lounges. I expect them to ask. 

Our most recent cruise was a B2B on the Freedom (3 March and 10 March) and the DLC never left her desk or even acknowledged anyone entering or leaving the DL. The servers were fantastic and energetic.  

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Our most recent cruise was a B2B on the Freedom (3 March and 10 March) and the DLC never left her desk or even acknowledged anyone entering or leaving the DL. The servers were fantastic and energetic.  

On Anthem the woman in the D lounge was sometimes not there or sat at her desk so we never got carded. But we arrived later on so can't say for sure.

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I found that also in the SL on Oasis.  They are always at the desk, and most times on the phone.  Never really saw them circulate much.  Friendly when you talk to them when you stop by their desk, but were not the "touring" kind.  

Edited by island lady

I have rarely had anyone ask for our cards in any of the lounges anymore.  Most Concierges that we encounter these days just sit at their desk and play Candy Crush.  Opps I meant work on their computer😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have rarely had anyone ask for our cards in any of the lounges anymore.  Most Concierges that we encounter these days just sit at their desk and play Candy Crush.  Opps I meant work on their computer😇

Don't you think that all the concierges know you very well by now?😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, marci22 said:

He still didn't have to be rude to you. 

I think it's ok to ask permission in private. The answer will be yes or no. It's a business, and the concierge should not feel awkward about it. Either way, the question can be answered politely.

You are kind, but looking back I should have known better than to ask the question.  My daughter didn't drink then,  so it wasn't even about getting her  a drink.  I guess I rationalized and somehow I thought that her non drinking  justified her admittance in a nearly empty lounge.   BYW - and it doesn't  matter, but the CL on the ship ( enchantment) was almost empty every time I looked in. 

And yes, the concierge could have given me his answer a bit more diplomatically.   Perhaps the  MO is to make a scene so that others (as I should have done)  will abide by the rules. 

M  

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

I found that also in the SL on Oasis.  They are always at the desk, and most times on the phone.  Never really saw them circulate much.  Friendly when you talk to them when you stop by their desk, but were not the "touring" kind.  

Our best ever DLC spoke regularly to all the passengers and especially us so we invited her for dinner on the last night after the DL closed and we had a lovely time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes they always look very intently at their computer so we don't interrupt them thinking they have a lot of work to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I also thought is was a nice touch.  It was a good reminder if there anything special coming up.  A few other concierges do an occasional call, but not as frequently  and certainly not a fun!  

M

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Mario Reyes, we se him tomorrow. 16 days of My Beautiful People. 🤣

Yesss! Mario it was! I loved his messages!

Have a wonderful cruise beautiful!😁

Edited by Arzeena

On 4/24/2019 at 10:41 PM, John&LaLa said:

Berating the staff is the kind of thing that will make this sign become enforced.

20190221_161217.jpg

It took years for royal to finally hire life guard when life were at stake how long you think it will take then to now hire a door monitor lol

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, island lady said:

Ugghh...I like Mario...but those daily voice mails can get old real fast.  😮 

LOL!  I agree.  He is a nice man, but  the 'beautiful people" repetition was not my cup of tea.  It almost seemed like he was groveling in a sense.  Just be be friendly and polite, Mario.  That is more than enough.  As always, JMO!!!  🙂

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 1:23 PM, mcatmcat said:

It took years for royal to finally hire life guard when life were at stake how long you think it will take then to now hire a door monitor lol

"Interesting" thing to say.

Many ships that use an overflow lounge have a "monitor" or card-checker at the door.  I have encountered this for a long time and recently on many ships.

• Like 3