Is there somewhere else to eat lunch on boarding day?

Sistersinlaw

9 minutes ago, Sistersinlaw said:

Hi, 

First time on Celebrity, going on Solstice May 10 to Alaska.  On HAL, you can always avoid the buffet crowd on Boarding Day by eating in the MDR.  Does Celebrity have something similiar?

Only if your are staying in a  concierge class stateroom or a B2B cruiser. Depending on the ship class, the pool grill (M class) or the mast grill (S class) is an option. 

Edited by davekathy

37 minutes ago, Sistersinlaw said:

Hi, 

First time on Celebrity, going on Solstice May 10 to Alaska.  On HAL, you can always avoid the buffet crowd on Boarding Day by eating in the MDR.  Does Celebrity have something similiar?

If in a suite you can dine in Luminae.  If not than your best option might be the Mast Grill.

Sushi does have non sushi options, it may be worth looking at the menu if you want a quiet leisurely start.

Alternatively, you can board and find a nice bar to sit in with your luggage and a drink and then, as the rooms open, drop off your luggage and head for a now quiet buffet..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sistersinlaw said:

Hi, 

Celebrity does serve lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, but it is limited to invited groups such as back-to-back cruisers, Concierge Class passengers, visiting travel agents, plus some other categories such as visiting entertainers.

If you wish to avoid the buffet, there is also the grill by the pool and the spa cafe. 

The crowds at the buffet usually start to disperse once they announce that the staterooms are ready.

5 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

Do Aqua class cabins have a special place to eat on embarkation day?

Had no idea we can’t go to the MDR to eat on day one.

No, unfortunately the MDR Concierge Class luncheon is the only perk in Concierge Class that isn't shared with Aqua class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

Somehow I don't think you are sailing on the SOLSTICE on May 10th. She will be in Dublin, Ireland and I will be on her!!!!!

But have a great cruise anyway. Alaska is glorious.

Are you sure you’re not getting missed up with Silhouette (she’s in Europe)? Solstice does do the Alaska runs after her time Down Under.

2 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

Somehow I don't think you are sailing on the SOLSTICE on May 10th. She will be in Dublin, Ireland and I will be on her!!!!!

Actually, on May 10, 2019 the Solstice should be in Vancouver departing for an Alaska itinerary.  

6 hours ago, alcpa1 said:

Solstice is on the way from Hawaii to Vancouver right now be for the next cruise to Alaska on May 10. You must get mixed up with another ship.

I am totally embarrased at my error. I think I will just book the Apex since it will be the only ship in the fleet with just an A and not a S.

We were on the Summit in January, will be on the Silhouette in a few days and booking a Solstice cruise while on board. Plus I've been lurking at a few of our potential Solstice cruises so confusion reigns.

For the OP.....If you are sailing from Vancouver, there are plenty of very good restaurants close to the port if you don't want to have lunch on the ship. The Pan Pacific right upstairs is a very pleasant destination and usually has some great salads on their lunch menu.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 7:09 AM, varoo said:

Celebrity does serve lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, but it is limited to invited groups such as back-to-back cruisers, Concierge Class passengers, visiting travel agents, plus some other categories such as visiting entertainers.

If you wish to avoid the buffet, there is also the grill by the pool and the spa cafe. 

The crowds at the buffet usually start to disperse once they announce that the staterooms are ready.

We were B2B on the Solstice in March.  I thought they were going to offer us a lunch in the MDR but possibly because there were almost 200 of us they decided not to.  B2B sometimes have to find lunch elsewhere as well.  We did the Mast Grill that day, mainly because most people don't know about it when they first come on board.