perscription medicines

Below is what I posted on the Carnival board in preparation for Monday 6 day Carnival cruise:    "Have sailed 35 times, only once on Carnival and preparing for upcoming Sunrise sailing Monday.  In reviewing Carnival's web site, found that medicines need to be packed in their original, labeled prescription containers.  I called Carnival and was sternly told that Carnival is strict about this as they want to make sure their guests do not bring illegal drugs. 

I checked Royal and they basicly have the same comments, but we have never been questioned about our pill organizers and have never taken the original containers.

Two questions:

Has anyone ever experienced being questioned when embarking with bill organizers/prescription containers?

Should have ask representative, but do you think fish oil and calicum count?  Those bottles are very large :)"

TO MY ROYAL LOYALS, Has anyone ever experienced being questioned when embarking with bill organizers/prescription containers?

Just now, hlfrps said:

Below is what I posted on the Carnival board in preparation for Monday 6 day Carnival cruise:    "Have sailed 35 times, only once on Carnival and preparing for upcoming Sunrise sailing Monday.  In reviewing Carnival's web site, found that medicines need to be packed in their original, labeled prescription containers.  I called Carnival and was sternly told that Carnival is strict about this as they want to make sure their guests do not bring illegal drugs. 

I checked Royal and they basicly have the same comments, but we have never been questioned about our pill organizers and have never taken the original containers.

Two questions:

Has anyone ever experienced being questioned when embarking with bill organizers/prescription containers?

Should have ask representative, but do you think fish oil and calicum count?  Those bottles are very large :)"

TO MY ROYAL LOYALS, Has anyone ever experienced being questioned when embarking with bill organizers/prescription containers?

Never questioned. 

I can’t read the original post because of the font.  I am guessing from the responses that it is about bringing pills in an organizer.   In  30 years of cruising  on several different lines, I have never been questioned.  This includes cruises sailing from the Middle East (Dubai) where I understand some of the rules are strict. I even have a small pill organizer that has a much stronger painkiller in it and that has never been questioned. 

M

If you have a controlled substance that a K9 could alert on, carry the prescription label from the pharmacy. Do the same for any injections. Otherwise nobody would bother you for quantities consistent with your number of days.

Some pharmacies will make the pill organiser up for you and put the prescription labels on it. If I was concerned then that is the approach that I would take. For somewhere like Dubai I would definitely do that if I wanted to use an organiser.

While I was  never questioned for my blood pressure pills, I have to go through US or European customs before getting to the cruise port. In order to avoid problems and to make it easy for the customs officer and myself, I keep the labels with me. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, tomatosauce said:

Some pharmacies will make the pill organiser up for you and put the prescription labels on it. If I was concerned then that is the approach that I would take. For somewhere like Dubai I would definitely do that if I wanted to use an organiser.

Flew into Dubai, no problem at all with my standard pill organizer.   

M

If taking Narcotic Pain Meds I'd definitely bring original containers/paperwork. I'm gone longer then most, usually 5-12weeks at a time so I always bring all originals. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

No one (or almost no one) brings all the bottles.  No one cares.  Pack them how you like.  If you take copious amounts of narcotics, then DO bring the bottles.  Otherwise...don't worry..NO ONE CARES.  

Do keep the in your carry on...do NOT check anything you MUST have...just in case something goes missing!

I would only bring the original bottle for a narcotic or other popular-on-the-black-market type of medication (Xanax, Norco, Valium, Vicodin, Percocet, Klonopin, Dilaudid, Adderall, Ritalin, etc.).  

If your bottle is very large, your pharmacist can also repackage a smaller amount in a smaller bottle with the appropriate label.

But I've never ever been questioned about my pills in a pill organizer, or the various OTC meds I bring.

Same here, never questioned, never an issue.

Over 25 years of international travel, to 148 countries so far.

As said, I would (and just did this trip for codeine cough syrup) take any narcotic or typically abused drug in original package with label.

And also, take enough for your trip, and a REASONABLE spare amount.

The only case I have heard of, was a guy who was taking hundreds of pills, that were prescribed to someone else, into a Middle Eastern country.

15 hours ago, hlfrps said:

Two questions:

Never questioned, and always in my carry on. However, if I was carrying controlled substances like narcotics or benzodiazepines... I would carry the original bottle.