Coffee Package

denmarks

Yes, you can get the large size, if they have the cups. I always order the large size when I have the special coffee drinks. I have not received any receipt for many years, maybe never, but they keep track and if you ask them they will tell you how many you have left. I have never found them to be incorrect. Coffee is great, love the special coffees.

17 minutes ago, denmarks said:

In order to keep track of the number of coffees you have used is it listed on your onboard account?

Nope.  You have to ask at the International Cafe.  Sometimes they will tell you without asking after you use one of your specialty coffees.

2 hours ago, denmarks said:

I will be exchanging my Elite bar setup for two coffee packages (30 drinks). What do I get to prove I have it? Is the running total shown anywhere?

The barista has the running total when they run your card or medallion. It doesn't show anywhere else. I suppose you can ask at passenger services, but why worry about it. Just ask the attendant when you order. I have never tried it, but maybe a bar could swipe your card and let you know your balance. 

Edited by skynight

To summarize, you will get 2 coffee packages.  We put one on my card and one on DW’s.  You can get up to 30 specialty drinks in Toto and each of you will have unlimited regular coffee and teas for the duration of the cruise.  You will not get receipts.  You cannot check your “coffee account” except that you can ask the barista to do so. You get nothing to “prove “ you have it, it is just there.  At the end of your cruise it is gone, poof.  Hopefully that covers all the bases.

4 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Sorry to butt in, but can you still "share" the coffee package like you could with the punch card?  Can I order more than 1 drink at a time?  Thanks!

You can share specialty coffees but not the brewed. 

• Like 1

Despite this statement in the Terms and Conditions online:

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018 (For cards purchased for voyages prior to June 2018)

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.
  • Unused punches may be used on subsequent voyages unless the card has expired.
  • Free brewed coffee is available only on the voyage of issue.
  • Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee package cards are only valid for use by the purchaser.

...there have been numerous reports dating back to last year that undated Coffee Cards are not being honored. 

Though I certainly hope the ebay listing had photos of both the front and back of the card showing no expiration date, which is your only hope of not having wasted your $10. I understand the last batch of paper cards before the entire fleet went electronic were all dated as expiring 12/31/2018 or possibly even earlier. 

1 minute ago, Bubbs33 said:

I'm considering the coffee package and love specialty coffees. However, I only drink decaffeinated. Are there generally decaffeinated specialty coffees available?

Yes. Any of the espresso-based coffee drinks is available in decaf.

Jim

• Thanks 1

Does hot chocolate count as a punch? On Alaska cruises, is hot chocolate ever offered “free” anywhere?

We’ll be getting a minibar set up in our suite, but I don’t see us getting much use out of it (we don’t drink soda, and don’t mix our own drinks or drink straight liquor). I plan to bring a couple of bottles of good wine from home, and that should last me the whole cruise (DH doesn’t drink much), so trading it for some wine doesn’t make sense. So our only other option for a trade, I think, is the coffee cards — except neither of us drink coffee! 🙂 But we would enjoy the specialty teas and the hot cocoa since we’re cruising to Alaska. Can you use the punches for anything else beside coffee? Like maybe a specialty hot cocoa (with something like caramel mixed in)?

"Does hot chocolate count as a punch? On Alaska cruises, is hot chocolate ever offered “free” anywhere?"

No punch. It is included in the package, unlimited. The hot chocolate prepared in the International Cafe is made from foamed milk. Very tasty. If you ask they will probably add a flavor, probably without charge, but since you are not using the 15 specialty drinks on espresso then even if they do punch it should not be an issue. On Alaska cruises believe hot chocolate is also available at no charge in the buffet, and on deck during scenic cruising. The Royal Princess, if that is your ship, has free self serve hot chocolate all the time, all itineraries, in the buffet.

Regarding your wine statement. Each person can carry on 1 x 750ml of wine without charge for use in your cabin. If you bring the bottle to any public area, DR included, you will be charged a $15 corkage fee.

11 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

One other question...can the specialty coffee drinks be accessed in the MDR? Or any locations besides IC? Will be on Island Princess in July if that makes a difference.

Yes but the choices may be limited and service is very slow. Order it at the beginning. Never order it when others are being served the free coffee. They may be leaving by the time you get your drink.

At the IC will they still fill you personal coffee mug with fresh brewed or must you use one of their cups?  We have a great mug that keeps our coffee hot.   We have never had trouble having it filled in past but have heard policy had changed.