When do they cut off the beverage package?

Pier290

On disembarking morning....are the beverage packages still active??  Looking to get a few specialty coffees/bottled water before we get off the ship....not to carry off the ship but to drink onboard before we leave......

They usually close out all accounts before 9 am and therefore shut down all sales.   Many times when you hear them announcing names over the PA for them to go to GR it because they didn’t use a credit card and they still owe money on their cash account.  They won’t be able to leave the ship until they take care of it.   

Some of the servers  at Cafe al Bacio seeing that you had a Bev Pack or know  you from the cruise  will still give you coffee, water and etc.  

You also need to be aware that they have to clean up, restock, take inventory and etc getting ready for the next cruise.   So don’t wait until the very last minute.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MR_T said:

We’ve always been able to get coffee/water & sodas the last morning 👍🏻

We could get it but not with our beverage package according to the daily. Hmm on our Sumitt cruise in November I'm going to try it & see what happens at the Cafe. 

36 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

We could get it but not with our beverage package according to the daily. Hmm on our Sumitt cruise in November I'm going to try it & see what happens at the Cafe. 

That's interesting. Al Bacio served us coffee, tea and pastries the morning of departure on Silhouette in March. We showed our Seapasses and there were no charges. 

12 minutes ago, DanaDanes said:

We got sodas and waters from the waiter in ocean view without charge on the last morning - on the infinity in March.  We didn’t attempt a mimosa though- I wonder!

This sounds like a challenge that I'll be forced to accept on out next cruise on Silhouette in September 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pier290 said:

On disembarking morning....are the beverage packages still active??  Looking to get a few specialty coffees/bottled water before we get off the ship....not to carry off the ship but to drink onboard before we leave......

Yes. 

4 hours ago, Marelaine said:

That's interesting. Al Bacio served us coffee, tea and pastries the morning of departure on Silhouette in March. We showed our Seapasses and there were no charges. 

I am not going to follow the instructions given by staff 🙄. I was not happy with that announcement with the early cut off. I'm going to use my sea pass card on the last day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanaDanes said:

We got sodas and waters from the waiter in ocean view without charge on the last morning - on the infinity in March.  We didn’t attempt a mimosa though- I wonder!

I've never had any trouble getting a specialty coffee on disembarkation morning but I did try to order a mimosa with my breakfast (before having to dry out and head home ... hahaha!) and no go on the mimosa.  I was told the bar for alcohol closes down on the last night of the cruise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

I am not going to follow the instructions given by staff 🙄. I was not happy with that announcement with the early cut off. I'm going to use my sea pass card on the last day.

Al Bacio is one place listed for disembarkation breakfast, so why wouldn't they serve coffee and tea? My husband drinks regular black coffee and I ordered English breakfast tea, I saw others ordering espressos and bottled water. It may vary per ship? Who knows. But I understand the accounts are closed at midnight so how would they even charge your account? 

Edited by Marelaine

39 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

Al Bacio is one place listed for disembarkation breakfast, so why wouldn't they serve coffee and tea? My husband drinks regular black coffee and I ordered English breakfast tea, I saw others ordering espressos and bottled water. It may vary per ship? Who knows. But I understand the accounts are closed at midnight so how would they even charge your account? 

They serve coffee & tea and other Cafe stuff (lol). But during an announcement it said the Cafe would only accept cash for purchases on disembarktation. 

In our experience once the bars close on the last night that’s the end of the alcohol.  We have never had a problem getting a bottle of water or coffe at al a Bacio.  But we are normally off the ship by 8:30.  When the MDR, Blu, Luminae & the OV close at 8 and we don’t have a cabin to go to it’s time to go.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

They serve coffee & tea and other Cafe stuff (lol). But during an announcement it said the Cafe would only accept cash for purchases on disembarktation. 

Perhaps that was the confusion.  You cannot charge anything on the last morning as the accounts have been settled.  You can pay cash if you have to purchase it individually.  I have always been able to use my card it’s the beverage package on the last morning.

What  was the wording on the Daily?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Ha, when I'm on a cruise, I'm so used to the cash-free system that I didn't even notice if anyone paid cash. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Perhaps that was the confusion.  You cannot charge anything on the last morning as the accounts have been settled.  You can pay cash if you have to purchase it individually.  I have always been able to use my card it’s the beverage package on the last morning.

What  was the wording on the Daily?

Lol I don't remember but you've made a good point about the beverage pckg not being connected to your account. I definitely going to my Expresso on the last day.

• Like 1

If they let you use your card for drinks on debarkation day, they should be fired. The packages are for number of nights, so if you do a seven day cruise that starts on say Saturday, your seven days end of Friday so your card  should be deactivated at midnight Friday. If they just give you the drink, that's theft.

Your card is tied to the drink package, when they scan it, that tells them what package you have and it also shows your picture so they can make sure the user is the one entitled to the drinks. It keeps track of the drinks so it might be tied to how the gratuities are distributed.

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

If they let you use your card for drinks on debarkation day, they should be fired. The packages are for number of nights, so if you do a seven day cruise that starts on say Saturday, your seven days end of Friday so your card  should be deactivated at midnight Friday. If they just give you the drink, that's theft.

Your card is tied to the drink package, when they scan it, that tells them what package you have and it also shows your picture so they can make sure the user is the one entitled to the drinks. It keeps track of the drinks so it might be tied to how the gratuities are distributed.

If you count 24 hour days, and you don't board the ship until at least 10 am on a Saturday, seven 24-hour periods would end on the following Saturday at 10 am. Therefore, I think it's perfectly reasonable for guests to expect to use their prepaid beverage packages for specialty coffees or fresh OJ before they disembark at 9 am or earlier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Except it does not.  

The package starts as soon as you board the ship and I am always off by that time on the last day.  I have never seen any document that has implied that the drink package stops before the cruise is completed.

Obvious you have since you seem to be accusing of us of theft. Rather harsh IMO.

This is what Celebrity has to say about the package:

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Except it does not.  

The package starts as soon as you board the ship and I am always off by that time on the last day.  I have never seen any document that has implied that the drink package stops before the cruise is completed.

Obvious you have since you seem to be accusing of us of theft. Rather harsh IMO.

This is what Celebrity has to say about the package:

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, and not on a per day or any other basis.

You book a seven day cruise, seven days is Saturday (day 1), Sunday (day 2), Monday (day 3), Tuesday (day 4), Wednesday (day 5),  Thursday (day 6), and Friday (day 7). You get what you paid for. Saturday is day 8, since you didn’t pay for an eighth day, you are entitled to nothing. Breakfast should be extra as it’s day eight of a seven day cruise.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

You book a seven day cruise, seven days is Saturday (day 1), Sunday (day 2), Monday (day 3), Tuesday (day 4), Wednesday (day 5),  Thursday (day 6), and Friday (day 7). You get what you paid for. Saturday is day 8, since you didn’t pay for an eighth day, you are entitled to nothing. Breakfast should be extra as it’s day eight of a seven day cruise.

The Cruise starts when you embark the ship and ends when you disembark.  At least you did not call the people that enjoy breakfast before they depart, thieves.

It must be tough to admit when you are wrong.

Celebrity is clear:   

“Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, not on a per day basis or any other basis.”

It is certainly clear that it is not on a per day or per night basis.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2