Infinity Qsine - our opinion

Stu UK

6 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We also have done Le Petit Chef, and for us it was a "once and done" type of experience.

As is (was) Qsine before LPC.  A food show rather than great food.  Once and done.

Edited by jkgourmet

Thanks for the  You tube link

Not a fan... I think the cartoon projection  on the plate is gross , and I do not like set menu dining choices  .Easier for the cruise line,  but limits guest choices ( esp if one has allergies) . Hope not a trend!

Glad to hear  it will probably stay Q- sine on Summit,  good for at least one visit for our 9 night cruise!  We  have enjoyed it on other ships... menu and food are excellent!

Edited by hcat

I never would have believed that I would be saying this, but we did LPC on the Infinity a couple of months ago and it was amazing! We had done it on the Edge and it was not as good (both story and food), but still enjoyable. We enjoyed the show, but really enjoyed the food on the Infinity in LPC. Delicious lobster, steak, bouillabaisse - much better quality than Blu on that cruise so we went back again just for the food. The servers and sommelier were top notch in there and it was a nice ambiance. A real surprise at how much we enjoyed both dinners. Can't wait to go back next year!

Edited by vtcruising

same here. We LOVEd Le Petit Chef!!!

I mean what more do you want? Its so creative and unique. So much better than just a "typical" meal.

In fact it makes other restaurants seem boring! Great job brining this experience to their guests!

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Glad to hear  it will probably stay Q- sine on Summit,  good for at least one visit for our 9 night cruise!  We  have enjoyed it on other ships... menu and food are excellent!

Hi hcat, I think your cruise on Summit is 10 nights.

i agree with Vt, the food and show  at LPC was much better on Infinity than Edge.

On M-class ships there are only limited specialty restaurant options.  To make Qsine a fixed menu cartoon "plate show"  really hurts a passenger's dining choices.  We so enjoyed multiple nights in Qsine trying a different cuisine each night.  

Keep LPC on multi-dining venue ships like Edge and S-class....too limiting for M-class.  

3 minutes ago, Oville said:

Hi hcat, I think your cruise on Summit is 10 nights.

i agree with Vt, the food and show  at LPC was much better on Infinity than Edge.

Thanks..would not want to cut my cruise time short.! 

With dh severe  lobster allergy we have to skip " pre selected"  course restaurants and some seafood restaurants!   

Guess some loved the food, some the show,  and some both.  Well pass on it til it runs its course! X likes to change things up!

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks..would not want to cut my cruise time short.! 

With dh severe  lobster allergy we have to skip " pre selected"  course restaurants and some seafood restaurants!   

Guess some loved the food, some the show,  and some both.  Well pass on it til it runs its course! X likes to change things up!

HI- ANOTHER BIG THUMBS UP FOR LE PETIT CHEF. WE WERE NOT EXPECTING TO LOVE IT BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS WE'VE HAD.

JUST FYI - WE DONT LIKE SHELL FISH AND WE WERE OFFERED AN EXCELLENT ALTERNATIVE MENU. IN ADDITION WE HAVE NOW SEEN 2 DIFFERENT SHOWS OF LE PETIT CHEF AND THEY WE BOTH GREAT!

THANKS CELEBRITY FOR SEARCHING OUT SOMETHING UNIQUE FOR YOUR GUESTS.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER DINNER AT QSINE NEXT YEAR!

• Like 1

Our experience at LPC was on Infinity, as well. We found it delightful -- excellent food and wonderful service. Found the 'show' to be thoroughly entertaining, without being obtrusive on the meal itself. And, while it's not an experience I would want to do more than once a cruise -- we are looking forward to LPC on our next Infinity cruise! 😎

1 hour ago, JackB60 said:

HI- ANOTHER BIG THUMBS UP FOR LE PETIT CHEF. WE WERE NOT EXPECTING TO LOVE IT BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS WE'VE HAD.

JUST FYI - WE DONT LIKE SHELL FISH AND WE WERE OFFERED AN EXCELLENT ALTERNATIVE MENU. IN ADDITION WE HAVE NOW SEEN 2 DIFFERENT SHOWS OF LE PETIT CHEF AND THEY WE BOTH GREAT!

THANKS CELEBRITY FOR SEARCHING OUT SOMETHING UNIQUE FOR YOUR GUESTS.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER DINNER AT QSINE NEXT YEAR!

Glad LPC has devoted fans shouting about it no less, .but hope the rest of us get something  else to enjoy!

Not planning to return to Infinity anytime soon. ..We have  done it twice recently in AQ Class.  Sticking with EDGE, APEX and have one booked on Summit..We will see how the S Class renovations go and the dining options...

BTW  for some food allergies there is potential cross contact..We also can,'t try Dinner on EDGE magic carpet..they put it all on one platter.

What we loved about the old Qsine format were the tremendous variety of menu choices.  On a long cruise we could dine in Qsine 2 or 3 times without repetition.  And our cost for Qsine was usually about $25 pp because we either had a discounted dine package or simply negotiated a deal (with the Maitre'd) for about half price.  The LP thing is certainly a "cute" concept but really limits your menu options.  If you decide to go astray of the normal menu your meal is not coordinated with the cute show.  And there is certainly little incentive to return a 2nd time.  As to price, there is simply no way we would pay $110 per couple for that type of meal.  Keep in mind that you have already paid to eat (in your cruise fare) so the real cost for that meal is somewhat more than their $110 asking price.   We will be on the Summit in a couple of weeks and we can see ourselves asking for a 50% discount.  For around $30 pp we would give it a try.

Hank

We were fascinated with Le Petit Chef on Celebrity. We looked up the technology/artists, they are called Skullmapping. They have dining events all around the world and they usually cost about $150 per person. the fact that we get to see this for only 55 I consider great bargain.

Its certainly not for everyone to spend the extra money on. You have to feel okay about it. We have seen it 2x and We are taking our whole group next year.

Whether you want something different or not. Nice that Celebrity is offering us different options than the same old meal.

Appreciate that we have the opportunity to see this amazing expereince in person on our cruises.

Can't wait!