Celebrities on Celebrity?

Fixit2010

While thinking to myself today, I wondered if anyone has seen any famous people on their cruise and if so did they get mobbed (attracting large crowds) or did people leave them alone? 
Maybe they didn't attract attention, I don't know. Would be interesting to see if anyone has spotted someone well known or in the public eye. 

We ran into Steve Doocy (from Fox News) in the elevator on a X cruise once.  We smiled, he and his wife smiled and that was it.  Clearly he was on vacation and we weren't going to intrude.  

• Like 1

I can't count the times people have stopped me on a cruise and asked if I have been in movies or television. At one time in my life I looked like Steve McQueen, I guess.

Most times I tell them I starred in Lassie, many years ago. "Oh my gosh, so you were Timmy"?. "No maam, I was Lassie"

(No feelings were injured in the creation of this story. Just for fun)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shirley Jones and Frank Shorter were speakers. Regis Philban and Richrd Roundtree (Shaft) were passengers. I believe that fellow passengers respected their privacy. In fact Regis said that when he did an interview program with the CD. Said he did the program because people were very respectful.

It wasn’t on Celebrity, but we were on Anthem of the Seas last Spring when Star Jones was onboard for her wedding. Holly Robinson Peete was also part of the wedding group. I was standing by iFly watching my son on the flowrider when she and about 8 in her party came up to watch the instructor doing tricks in the iFly. No one really bothered them at all. It was kind of fun to later read about her wedding in People magazine!

Edited by Belle5129

We were on a cruise with Paula Deen, her sons and a large group of her fans. She hosted several lectures/classes and other events, but these were only for her group, not the general cruising public. When not doing events, though, she and her posse spent time in all of the public areas like any other cruisers, and were quite friendly.

Not X, but we were once sailing in the Haven on NCL and Donny Osmond and his whole family (wife, children, grandchildren) were also sailing.  We saw them in the Haven pool area almost every day, but nowhere else on the ship.  At least from what we saw, everyone left them alone to enjoy their vacation.  I could be wrong, but I don't think a lot of celebrities sail on large, commercial cruise lines.  I think it would be quite hard to control crowds and ensure any privacy.

9 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I keep running into a guy named Jack on every cruise. His last name is Daniels. 

Very famous! 😵

We actually know someone who is related to that family & cruises on Celebrity. 

• Haha 1

Cecilla Bartoli (Opera Singer) was on one of our cruises in the Penthouse.   She was very pleasant and no one seemed to give her a second glance.    Maybe most of the passengers didn't know who she was.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

We were on a cruise with Paula Deen, her sons and a large group of her fans. She hosted several lectures/classes and other events, but these were only for her group, not the general cruising public. When not doing events, though, she and her posse spent time in all of the public areas like any other cruisers, and were quite friendly.

We did an Alaska cruise with Paula Dean - my husband has a picture of her butt while on a tender. She came onboard in what looked like pajamas & a fur coat. Hmmmm

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cecilla Bartoli (Opera Singer) was on one of our cruises in the Penthouse.   She was very pleasant and no one seemed to give her a second glance.    Maybe most of the passengers didn't know who she was.

I am an opera singer myself (not a famous one, though!) and I am certain that 99.9% of the passengers didn't know who she was. There's a running joke in our community about fame - "opera famous" or "ACTUALLY famous," LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I keep running into a guy named Jack on every cruise. His last name is Daniels. 

Very famous! 😵

Thats funny, my daughter is a professional genealogist, has done research for a couple TV shows. I am actually related to Captain Morgan, the pirate not the drink.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well twice Pearl Kaufman was as Entertainer first on board the Millenium- then a year later on board Infinity! Wonderful woman!

Was reading in Michael Club - alone- nobody else was there- when she entered and asked very politly if she could practise on the Piano - there was still a Piano in the wonderful lounge back in 2006.

Beeing there hearing her playing - just me sitting there- it was almost magical!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Footballer (soccer star) Lionel Messi was in the RS on Freedom of the Seas the week before us. 

At last, someone I’ve heard of (and Donny Osmond of course :classic_biggrin:). I bet Messi got much attention. I remember a thread with the same title a good few years ago on the X board, I didn’t know many quoted on there either; I’m obviously not into my celebrities very much 🤭😘.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, villauk said:

At last, someone I’ve heard of (and Donny Osmond of course :classic_biggrin:). I bet Messi got much attention. I remember a thread with the same title a good few years ago on the X board, I didn’t know many quoted on there either; I’m obviously not into my celebrities very much 🤭😘.

Our football mad son was really upset to have missed him although took some satisfaction sitting on the sofa Messi had sat on the week before watching him play on the TV!

Our next celebrity cruise had some amusement as I was asked if I was related to the queen....Couldn’t really understand why but we did have a butler who had come to Michael’s to see us about a change we had made to a dining reservation who always called me ‘My Lady’ or it could have been the quantity of gin I was enjoying....

Edited by chemmo

7 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Our football mad son was really upset to have missed him although took some satisfaction sitting on the sofa Messi had sat on the week before watching him play on the TV!

Our next celebrity cruise had some amusement as I was asked if I was related to the queen....Couldn’t really understand why but we did have a butler who had come to Michael’s to see us about a change we had made to a dining reservation who always called me ‘My Lady’ or it could have been the quantity of gin I was enjoying....

Our two boys would have been the same; I can’t imagine what their faces would have been like to actually see Messi in the flesh (I still have the photo hanging of them both when they had their picture taken with his cardboard cut-out at the Camp Nou in Barcelona a good few years ago - we were on another cruise).

Your accent would have added to the credibility of the butler story; start bringing a corgi with you and you have it made 🤣

Edited by villauk