Dumb chair hog question

SheriAZ

The ones right around the pool seem to be coveted...even tho they are so close together, you must access them by crawling from the foot of the chair to get in it.  We prefer to be up a deck level, where the chairs are more widely spaced...and you have some actual room to access the SIDE of the chair!  It's not a big deal to walk down the stairs to take a dip!

8 hours ago, SheriAZ said:

Where are the high demand chairs? Next to the pool? Sunny or shady area? Just curious,  I  live in the Phoenix area so being in the sun is not a treat.

Side note.  We live in Temecula, our son just came back today from a 2 day girls fast-pitch softball tournament in Phoenix. He said the weather was awesome. We got rain all day today. happy cruising

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Side note.  We live in Temecula, our son just came back today from a 2 day girls fast-pitch softball tournament in Phoenix. He said the weather was awesome. We got rain all day today. happy cruising

Isn't it wonderful that they let guys onto girls fast-pitch softball teams these days. What position does he play?

The worse chair hogs are passengers who save seats in both the shady and sunny areas.Last time I witnessed this type of behavior was on the January 2017 sailing of the Allure Of The Seas. A family saved four loungers near the Solarium Bar for shade and another four loungers closer to the pool for sun. Only one woman went back and forth, saving the other six seats for family members.

On 5/19/2019 at 9:55 AM, SheriAZ said:

Where are the high demand chairs? Next to the pool? Sunny or shady area? Just curious,  I  live in the Phoenix area so being in the sun is not a treat.

I prefer the deck above the pool by the outside railing. I'm not a pool or a hot tub person. I always get a lounger no matter the time a day I get up there. Turn the lounger around and look out at the water while enjoying the sun and my BP. 

Edited by davekathy

Not interested in being by the pool. Lounge chairs are everywhere all over the ship. Typically saving chairs are frowned upon by the cruise line. No matter. people do that. if i recall there is a time limit for how long you can leave things on your lounge chair by the pool and have it vacant. I have seen crew members removing articles to make that lounge chair available. FYI. By far the worst place for chair saving. Is the theater.

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Not interested in being by the pool. Lounge chairs are everywhere all over the ship. Typically saving chairs are frowned upon by the cruise line. No matter. people do that. if i recall there is a time limit for how long you can leave things on your lounge chair by the pool and have it vacant. I have seen crew members removing articles to make that lounge chair available. FYI. By far the worst place for chair saving. Is the theater.

And worse than chair saving is all the A holes who keep their phone/camera up in the air during show and ruin the view of  those behind them. There are inconsiderate jerks everywhere.

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

And worse than chair saving is all the A holes who keep their phone/camera up in the air during show and ruin the view of  those behind them. There are inconsiderate jerks everywhere.

And the ones that allow their kids to play with their whatever electronic device during the show! If the kid is interested in the show find something else somewhere else for it to do. 

• Like 1