MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

I submitted status match for my RCL Diamond status.  Haven't heard anything yet, but I think that will match to Gold on MSC.  Would I have been better to use my Marriott Titanium status?

Thanks for any info

On 5/30/2021 at 7:59 AM, EllieinNJ said:

It's been two weeks for us.  Let us know what they say.

I finally got through today.  They could not find either of our status matches being submitted.  They asked me to email the details to :

mscexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com

On 5/16/2021 at 1:29 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Yes and No. 20 points are required to reach Diamond. Each day you sail is one point. Prior to this, it was counted as cruises which was not fare to those that cruises on long cruises vs those that did 3 day cruises. So it was switched to day. Far better. They do ahve one more tier which is not listed. If I recall, that requires 500 or 1000 points. (cruise days) Do not remember. They have a different program which rewards you nice. It s called MILESTONE. We would have reached the 50th last year if it was not for all the cancellations.

50% of the cruise fare is given in OBC. Do not think we will reach the 100th for a free cruise. Getting too old. Not enough years left.

Here is MILESTONE rewards.

GUEST RECOGNITION - MILESTONE REWARDS PROGRAM

As part of Carnival’s Guest Recognition Program, Milestone Rewards was developed in appreciation of longtime Carnival guests.  This milestone reward benefit is in addition to the wide range of amenities and privileges that guests already receive as part of the VIFP Club.

Milestone Rewards Program denotes a guest’s 25th, 50th 75th and 100th revenue cruise with Carnival.  Guests will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card on their corresponding Milestone cruise.  We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable.  After this milestone cruise, they will revert to the card that corresponds to their VIFP level.

In appreciation for their loyalty, the guest will also be granted the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75% of the cruise ticket price, corresponding to the milestone reached. And when a guest reaches his/her 100th cruise, will qualify for a FREE Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska or Australia cruise of their choice (8 days or less, for 2 guests), in accommodations up to and including Ocean Suites (category OS). This onboard credit may be applied to any future cruise in accordance with the terms and conditions below.  

If you have questions regarding your Milestone rewards, please contact our Milestone's Desk at 877-CCL-VIPS. 877-225-8477

Terms and Conditions (in fine print on the bottom of the Milestone letter)

·       Milestone Reward is valid for its stated value in U.S. dollars, only on Carnival Cruise Line and/or Carnival Australia cruise booking, to be used as a credit on board a ship. The Milestone Reward is not valid on any other cruise line, including any Carnival Corporation affiliate line. Milestone Reward is nontransferable, nonrefundable and has no cash value.

·       Milestone Reward must be redeemed at least 30 days prior to sail date and will be applied to the booking on the week prior to sailing.

·       Only one Milestone Reward is redeemable per guest, per booking; more than one guest per booking may redeem a Milestone Reward.

·       Booking must be made within 18 months of the date stated on the letter from Carnival's Milestone Desk; there is no specific sailing window.

Wow! Thank you, for the information my next year European cruise is on Carnival will be #25 lots of OBC. #24 is also on Carnival. MSC  got a great memorial sale booked 1 for December. Going to book another. 

Just matched up our 3 star Mariner status on Holland America with Gold on MSC today. I submitted last week. I attached and submitted a screen shot snip of our Mariner acct info on the Holland America website. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Thanks 1

I see they do not give you 100 points for each day cruised. That stinks. A 7 day cruise is only 500 points. It will take me basically 12, 7 day cruises to move up. I need 5700 points. That will be a while. If it was 100 per cruise day that would drop it to 9 cruises, or 8, 7 day and 1, 8 day. 

I helped my parents apply for a status match over a week ago, hoping to take advantage of the Memorial day sale, but haven't heard from MSC, not even a "we received your request" email.

My parents don't really have much of status with any other cruise line, because they only cruised twice on Princess so far.

Should I just go ahead and get a Voyager's club number for them, get a 5% discount and call it a day, or should I wait for the status match? The actual status match will probably not give them anything beyond the 5% anyway, right?

P.S. Funny thing is - it looks like my own matched silver status will expire in Jan 22 before we sail in April 22. By the way, Silver status indicates a $50pp OBC, but it's not mentioned anywhere in my April 2022 cruise detail. I wonder if I will still get it.

Should I status match my husband as well, or is he included under my status when he cruises with me?

"50€/$ onboard credit p.p. on Voyages Selection departures"

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

16 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

When you hit Confirm on the page where you submit your match, do you get any type of acknowledgement of submission?  I've done this twice, and nothing happens other than the form goes away.

same here. I submitted another request yesterday, with no confirmation of any kind - not on the screen, not through the email. It has been 1.5 weeks since my first request - and nothing.

11 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Ok thanks for the confirmation. I may try on a different browser. I did call and they said give it 5 days.

Question, is this a one time thing? Once they've granted you your MSC level it sticks or do you have to do it for each cruise you take?

It stays as long as you take an MSC cruise within three years.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Ok thanks for the confirmation. I may try on a different browser. I did call and they said give it 5 days.

Question, is this a one time thing? Once they've granted you your MSC level it sticks or do you have to do it for each cruise you take?

As mentioned 3 years. But because of the shut down. If I recall. They extended it a year.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 9:32 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I helped my parents apply for a status match over a week ago, hoping to take advantage of the Memorial day sale, but haven't heard from MSC, not even a "we received your request" email.

My parents don't really have much of status with any other cruise line, because they only cruised twice on Princess so far.

Should I just go ahead and get a Voyager's club number for them, get a 5% discount and call it a day, or should I wait for the status match? The actual status match will probably not give them anything beyond the 5% anyway, right?

P.S. Funny thing is - it looks like my own matched silver status will expire in Jan 22 before we sail in April 22. By the way, Silver status indicates a $50pp OBC, but it's not mentioned anywhere in my April 2022 cruise detail. I wonder if I will still get it.

Should I status match my husband as well, or is he included under my status when he cruises with me?

"50€/$ onboard credit p.p. on Voyages Selection departures"

I status matched both myself and dh within the last 2 weeks, we both got Gold from 3 star Mariner on HAL. I didn't get my number or my match status until after I had booked a cruise under the current drinks/wifi promo so I just called in and the very nice rep put in the 5% discount and the $50obc on our current booking, no muss, no fuss. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

I didn't get my number or my match status until after I had booked a cruise under the current drinks/wifi promo so I just called in and the very nice rep put in the 5% discount and the $50obc on our current booking, no muss, no fuss. 

thanks! I just know not to mess with the MSC booking because they can mess it up a lot more. 🙂

37 minutes ago, MiMaGo said:

Carnival Platinum (close to Diamond) -> MSC Gold

It took only 20 minutes during European working hours. ;-)

Wow.  You're lucky.  Where did you submit? Did you get any sort of confirmation when you submitted the form online?  Had you been assigned a Voyager Club number already?

I submitted twice 3 1/2 weeks ago the first time. Waited 3 days like the rep said, then emailed them. It’s been 3 weeks and I still haven’t heard anything. Should I call or email them again or just be patient? Also, does anyone know if Marriott Ambassador matches with MSC Black?

thanks everyone… 

• Like 1

What will happen. Min would ahve expired this year. MSC cancelled my September 5th cruise. I sent them an email telling them what happened and I already have 5 cruises booked for next year. No MSC. I told them I would want to book a few in 2022 wondering if they will keep my status match active till then. So far. No reply. I think, once it is not any good you cannot resubmit.

21 hours ago, waterbabies7415 said:

I submitted twice 3 1/2 weeks ago the first time. Waited 3 days like the rep said, then emailed them. It’s been 3 weeks and I still haven’t heard anything. Should I call or email them again or just be patient? Also, does anyone know if Marriott Ambassador matches with MSC Black?

thanks everyone… 

Same thing here.  Spoke to a rep and was told to email them.  Got a confirmation that they are working on it but nothing more in 4 weeks.  The cruise I was looking at has now gone up $50pp.

• Like 1