MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

24 minutes ago, jeffmylene said:

What was the average timeframe for learning which match level MSC placed you into after submitting the form on the website?

It's all over the place.  Some next day, some week or two which seems most common.  Some not then have to resend in like DW.

1 hour ago, jeffmylene said:

What was the average timeframe for learning which match level MSC placed you into after submitting the form on the website?

For us (in March 2019) it was a few days.

On 5/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, Até said:

There is no sense putting info into the database from people who matched before October 2018.

Did they make big changes to matching?

17 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Did they make big changes to matching?

Yes, many of the other loyalty program's higher status levels that originally matched to Black now match to Gold.  I assume that carries on down the line to the lower levels also.  The post October 2018 matching formula seems to be closely held  by MSC so that is what this thread is trying to uncover.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Até said:

Yes, many of the other loyalty program's higher status levels that originally matched to Black now match to Gold.  I assume that carries on down the line to the lower levels also.  The post October 2018 matching formula seems to be closely held  by MSC so that is what this thread is trying to uncover.

This could be disappointing. Based on past match disclosed here 

8 minutes ago, johnnylincoln said:

I can’t edit the file.

I was awarded Black status from my Hilton Honours account. 

I applied roughly 3pm yesterday and got my match email this afternoon. 

Oh nice.

The spreadsheet saves automatically, I see your entry there. I should probably make a note of that. Can anyone point me to the location of the edit button? I know it exists but just can't find it for some reason.

Also, how do I request a mod to sticky a thread? Think there's enough data points here for it to be moderately useful.

It probably does bear mentioning someplace that keeping status with MSC requires a cruise with them within 36 months, rather than lifetime the way a lot of other lines have it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GenghisQuan said:

Also, how do I request a mod to sticky a thread? Think there's enough data points here for it to be moderately useful.

@Host Carolyn is the mod for MSC, now I have tagged her hopefully she will consider making this a sticky.

6 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@Host Carolyn is the mod for MSC, now I have tagged her hopefully she will consider making this a sticky.

Can I make a suggestion to add instructions asking that only matches made after October 2018 be entered?  It would be helpful to add a sentence of two explaining that it is not a arbitrary cut-off (for those of new to MSC) and is a more accurate and timely reflection of the current status match program.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:38 AM, Beamafar said:

I would suggest that you also ask the Mods to make this a 'Sticky' thread, so that it'll stay on the main page.

I have made this thread a sticky.

Host Carolyn

On 6/3/2019 at 11:32 AM, johnnylincoln said:

I can’t edit the file.

I was awarded Black status from my Hilton Honours account. 

I applied roughly 3pm yesterday and got my match email this afternoon. 

And what was your Hilton status?  That would help here.

gary

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, EllaDuChien said:
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, mickey89 said:

Say I was matched to Gold - where in the band - 4300.....9999 points do they place you ?

I was matched to Gold.  Given 4300 points. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, capriccio said:

When we matched Princess Elite to MSC Black in March 2019, we each received 10,000 points but I guess since there isn't a next level (at least not yet) that isn't important.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, bobndee said:

Same here - gold match at 4300 points.  I seem to see a pattern . . .

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, travelingtink said:

My gold match also gave me 4300 points

for those who don't know the system:-

when you are matched to an MSC level you are given the minimum points applicable to that level.

So for CLASSIC you get 1 point

for SILVER you get  2200 points

for GOLD you get 4300 points

for BLACK you get 10000 points

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 5:46 PM, WillandTam said:

We are RCCL Emerald, is there any kind of status match?  We are looking into booking one of their Caribbean ships for January 2020.

I would imaging so - I’ve just done a status match with ihg club level (their bottom tier) to classic and had the discount applied to our up coming cruise 😀 

On 6/5/2019 at 10:37 AM, Skier52 said:

for those who don't know the system:-

when you are matched to an MSC level you are given the minimum points applicable to that level.

So for CLASSIC you get 1 point

for SILVER you get  2200 points

for GOLD you get 4300 points

for BLACK you get 10000 points

Just a quick question when I go into my account it’s showing that I have 1000 points after the match - is this because I’ve already booked a cruise or will I get more when we pay in full? 

5 hours ago, Viccarol said:

Just a quick question when I go into my account it’s showing that I have 1000 points after the match - is this because I’ve already booked a cruise or will I get more when we pay in full? 

Points are added after your cruise so they have matched you to Classic and given you 1,000 points. You’ll get more once the cruise is over depending on the level of experience booked and the length of the cruise. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Até said:

I have the old chart downloaded

and from the new postings it looks like no one is being matched Black anymore as compared to the old matching.

19 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I have the old chart downloaded

and from the new postings it looks like no one is being matched Black anymore as compared to the old matching.

Seems like much fewer, although someone has gotten Black from Platinum and also from Hilton Diamond.

• Thanks 1

Our friend matched IHG silver to Silver, sent in info on Sunday and received confirmation of Silver today. I was surprised at this as another friend was only matched to Silver from IHG Platinum 3 years ago!