Lobster Tails

37 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

FYI —My last 3 trips on Anthem had crab legs, shrimp and raw clams on the MDR lunch buffet.  This was usually on the last sea day but one trip on the next to last sea day.  Delicious!

Probably same day as Pinnacle lunch 

51 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

FYI —My last 3 trips on Anthem had crab legs, shrimp and raw clams on the MDR lunch buffet.  This was usually on the last sea day but one trip on the next to last sea day.  Delicious!

Last year on the Serenade they served crab legs in the windjammer on the first day.  WE could not believe it.

9 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Last year on the Serenade they served crab legs in the windjammer on the first day.  WE could not believe it.

Serenade served split tails in WJ the day after lobster night on our 10/11 night cruises 

10 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

What?  No lobster on Europe cruises?  Now, I am depressed. What can I expect?  

Something other than lobster. 😇  Have you not done Europe yet?  Serenade did serve lobster on the TA, I was surprised.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Something other than lobster. 😇  Have you not done Europe yet?  Serenade did serve lobster on the TA, I was surprised.

Nope. Retired USAF. Lived in Europe many years. First cruise to Europe! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They used to be served on the 5 night cruises.  They would use the second formal night menu on night 4 but it wasn’t formal.  

We did a 5 day cruise on the Navigator March 2018 and no lobsters were served.  I asked about it and they told me they serve them on the 2nd formal night only in the MDR.  Just passing along what they told me in the MDR (though you know you cannot always trust the messenger).

7 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

We did a 5 day cruise on the Navigator March 2018 and no lobsters were served.  I asked about it and they told me they serve them on the 2nd formal night only in the MDR.  Just passing along what they told me in the MDR (though you know you cannot always trust the messenger).

This was from before then on the Liberty.  At one point pretty much all the ships had them on the 5 day itineraries then over time it seemed that some  did and some didn’t and now I’m not sure if any of them do.  Just more cutbacks, pretty soon I’m sure they will stop serving them altogether. 

12 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

What?  No lobster on Europe cruises?  Now, I am depressed. What can I expect?  

We were on an Explorer 7 day Western Med cruise  May 7th (Barcelona to Southampton) and we had lobster tails on the second formal night.  They were smaller than the ones we had on Vision on our Tranastlantic but much tastier and of course, our waiter brought us two or three each!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hancogran said:

We were on an Explorer 7 day Western Med cruise  May 7th (Barcelona to Southampton) and we had lobster tails on the second formal night.  They were smaller than the ones we had on Vision on our Tranastlantic but much tastier and of course, our waiter brought us two or three each!

We've had lobster and lobster tails on quite a few med cruises with RCC.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, RCCL Fan said:

I read somewhere that they're also only on 7-night cruises.   We booked a 5-night recently and was disappointed to learn we may not get lobster.

Off topic:  I look forward to your review!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, prince34 said:

Hi,

On the cruise ship Allure will they be serving Lobster Tails in the main dining room also crab legs in the buffet?

Thanks

prince34

Here is a word of caution about cruise ship lobster on all cruise lines. Order a back up dinner.  We were a party of 5 with 4 of us ordering lobster. I haven't been on Royal Caribbean in almost 20 years so I thought that I would give it a try just to compare with the other lines that I have sailed on. I also ordered the prime rib as a back up. As I suspected the lobster tail was the size of a giant shrimp. I ate half of it because it was like chewing gum. Out of the other 3 people 2 of them enjoyed the lobster but when they ordered a second one it was rubber just like mine. I figure you will have a 50 50 chance of getting a good one. I might also suggest that if you purchase the lobster  listed at the bottom of the menu for an up charge you will probably be better off.

• Like 1

We ordered them on the Allure this past May5th.  Our waiter brought 4 on a plate that were already removed from the shell.

Yup, they were small, but the 4 were adequate enough for us.

They have to have ordered mass quantities of these miniatures.

Just saying

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

We ordered them on the Allure this past May5th.  Our waiter brought 4 on a plate that were already removed from the shell.

Yup, they were small, but the 4 were adequate enough for us.

They have to have ordered mass quantities of these miniatures.

Just saying

And it's difficult to prepare for the masses. 

• Like 1

One of our recent cruises on the Adventure, the day after lobster night in the main dining room, they had lobster roll sandwiches in the Windjammer for lunch.  I thought I had stumbled into my dream seafood fantasy.  I stood there looking at the sea of lobster rolls, and the crew member just piling more on the huge platter.

The manager in the Adventure Windjammer is fairly new, as we were on her last October and were not impressed with the 'Jammer food.  

The new manager not only puts out platters of lobster rolls, but off and on during our cruises, also chicken salad, tuna salad, and egg salad.  All my favs.

Plus on embarkation day, the last sea day, and days in between, they have a dessert bonanza!  A gigantic 6' square cake, plus amazing small cakes and desserts.  It's all at the entrance.

Color me happy!!!!

Edited by pcur

The warm water spiny lobsters are usually served on the second formal night of a seven day cruise sailing. They are by no means Maine lobsters but all right for a cruise ship Main Dining Room meal. They normally ask if your interested in a second one but one is enough for me. As for Alaskan King Crab Legs, in my forty plus cruises since I got hooked in May 1983 I have never seen them served on any ship. Better off having them at a seafood restaurant near you!