Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Jim_Iain

Jim 

Once again love the pics...esp  the lobster shots! Thank you so much for sharing..

A few of these ports are ones we have not been to yet....getting great ideas for future cruises, esp now that Summit is refurbed!

Edited by hcat

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea the second cruise is Sydney to New Zealand ending in Melbourne on Dec 23.  We are probably staying in Sydney for New Years and have a cruise booked in January in Asia.  

That sounds  pretty good. I did a super  Indonesian cruise including Java and Komodo Island once with Holland America and the second time with Princess from Freemantle return 15 daysdoing some different excursions but the Mekong Delta one twice. Also did twice,  a crusie with princess  from Singapore return covering SE Asia that was excellent included Brunei if you are going there i recommend Tours by Locals.If you are going to Shinoukville in Cambodia I also recommend Don Bosco tours. Both these tours were booked ahead as private tours involving folk from the cc thread and everyone loved them.

Thank you so much for this amazing live blog!  I wish I had found it as it was beginning, not 34 pages in. 😄 

We're on Summit in October for the repo, and it will be our first Celebrity cruise.  We're coming in as Elite thanks to our sailings with RCCL so very excited to experience all she has to offer. 

We're also in Aquaclass, and am very thankful you've shared all the menus.  We've recently changed to plant-based eating, and love all the vegetarian options that I don't get now from RCCL.

Question: is there breakfast offered in Blu?  I know we can go to the CC breakfast, but thought I read that Blu offered breakfast as well.

Yes, Blu is open every day for breakfast. The only advantage of the Elite breakfast is that you can get espresso drinks and mimosas, bellinis, and bloody Marys at no charge. If you have a beverage package, you can get all that at Blu.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

Yes, Blu is open every day for breakfast. The only advantage of the Elite breakfast is that you can get espresso drinks and mimosas, bellinis, and bloody Marys at no charge. If you have a beverage package, you can get all that at Blu.

I think maybe the other advantage is that last time we did on the Equinox (two years ago) it was open until 10:00 and I don't think Blu was.

5 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I think maybe the other advantage is that last time we did on the Equinox (two years ago) it was open until 10:00 and I don't think Blu was.

You're absolutely right! How could I have forgotten something as important as that? Being a late sleeper myself, I rarely make it to breakfast before 9:00, which leaves only the buffet and the Elite breakfast still open.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

Thank you so much for this amazing live blog!  I wish I had found it as it was beginning, not 34 pages in. 😄 

We're on Summit in October for the repo, and it will be our first Celebrity cruise.  We're coming in as Elite thanks to our sailings with RCCL so very excited to experience all she has to offer. 

We're also in Aquaclass, and am very thankful you've shared all the menus.  We've recently changed to plant-based eating, and love all the vegetarian options that I don't get now from RCCL.

Question: is there breakfast offered in Blu?  I know we can go to the CC breakfast, but thought I read that Blu offered breakfast as well.

Yes breakfast daily in Blu but always closed for lunch.  

Celebrity also offer a nice selection of both vegan and vegetarian  foods.  The even have a daily carving station with different choices. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, abbydancer said:

That is  good pointer.  They are still open until 10:00 on Summit. 

20 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Jim:

Before you get off would it be possible to see if you can find someone who drove to the port and ask them if the parking garage was open to Summit passengers.  Last year it was not.   Thanks

I’ll see what I can find out. 

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Jim:

Before you get off would it be possible to see if you can find someone who drove to the port and ask them if the parking garage was open to Summit passengers.  Last year it was not.   Thanks

We are on board and parked in the garage.  We arrived at 9 :18 aand there were plenty of spots.

• Like 1

We booked the 4 hour tour of Acadia National Park with Olli's Trolley and were not disappointed.  We booked online a few months prior.  We sat on the side behind driver and think it is the best side to sit on, imo.  I had read this tip before tour and agree with it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

We are on board and parked in the garage.  We arrived at 9 :18 aand there were plenty of spots.

Thanks for answering.    I was still looking forward to someone who parked in the garage.   Sounds like a nice option.

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

Jim,

Thanks for all the posting and pictures.  I enjoyed following along.  Safe trip back home to you and Iain.

Janice

1 hour ago, Groovybusybee said:

Jim and Iain - thank you for a wonderful trip report, I have enjoyed every minute. I will miss my early (UK) fix each morning.

When can we look forward to your next adventure?

Debbie

Thanks for following.    Right now our next cruise is in late October -November for our first trip on Edge.   It is a Greek Cruise followed by the Westbound TA.

I still have to book our free Zenith Cruise so may do something before that cruise.  

4:00 and fog has lifted on Port but large fog bank on Starboard.   Fog horns are still sounding.  

We just finished packing most of our stuff.   Just the last minute things to drop in our carry off bag.   I'm already feeling the sadness of ending a cruise.  

8 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

We're on the Equinox on 8/3.  Would that count?  If so, wanna go with us?

Thanks for the invite.  We try to avoid the 7 day Caribbean summer sailings. Way too many kids.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for following.    Right now our next cruise is in late October -November for our first trip on Edge.   It is a Greek Cruise followed by the Westbound TA.

I still have to book our free Zenith Cruise so may do something before that cruise.  

What about using  your free cruise on October 5 next year -Summit ? Would  repeat some  of what youve done on this one  but will go to Canada too.Could well be good fall colours too. Thats mine not free though!

Edited by Minya
extra