Amsterdam

richwmn

An interesting day today.

Again, the weather has co-operated again and it is still very nice outside.

I would say that most of the Guests are off the ship right now, 5:15pm Alaska time, and not much is going on with the ships staff.

Early dinner has already started, the Lido opens shortly.

for your enjoyment, here is tonight's menu

10JuneDinner.pdf

10JuneDinner.pdf

Edited by richwmn

We have a trip on the Alaska RR Glacier Train and wondering if the shuttle buses that take one from the ship to downtown will drop passengers at the train station?  Or will we need to walk from the main drop-off point to the station?  Not being able to gain access to taxis at the port is a problem.

42 minutes ago, lasman said:

We have a trip on the Alaska RR Glacier Train and wondering if the shuttle buses that take one from the ship to downtown will drop passengers at the train station?  Or will we need to walk from the main drop-off point to the station?  Not being able to gain access to taxis at the port is a problem.

I believe that the shuttle is just from the ship to the drop off point. It looks like the drop off point is near the corner of 6th St and G st.

Added:

The shuttle goes to the Westmark Hotel, Address: 720 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501

Google maps shows it to be 1/2 mile to the RR station, a 12 min walk

Edited by richwmn

9 minutes ago, zelker said:

Hi, Rich.  Wondering if you could check with Guest Relations to see what the earliest flight time out of SeaTac is to be able to utilize the free Port Valet service.  Thx.

We have had the registration forms for Port Valet for several days. I have been intending to add them, but just haven't thought about it.

In case you can't read the rules

You must disembark between 7:45am and 9:00am, depending on your group

Your flight departs on Monday between 11:00am until the next day at 1:00am (we disembark on Monday)

Southwest is 11:00am to 4:00pm

You are leaving from Sea-Tac

You have a confirmed reservation, no standby or pending upgrades

You are flying with American, Alaska, Delta (domestic only) JetBlue, Southwest, United, Horizon

PV1.jpg

PV2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tvlgoddess said:

We are booked on the Amsterdam next year and following with a lot of interest.  Thanks for posting the menus as well.  Now that I see a picture of 7021, do you know if the emergency exit is also on the deck below?  We are booked in 6159 and on the deck plan there’s just a blank space.  We moved from 6147 across from the laundry room thinking it might be better.  I would appreciate a picture or any info of what is across 6159 starboard side.  Thanks for your help.

If someone can check this out for me it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

I believe that the shuttle is just from the ship to the drop off point. It looks like the drop off point is near the corner of 6th St and G st.

Added:

The shuttle goes to the Westmark Hotel, Address: 720 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501

Google maps shows it to be 1/2 mile to the RR station, a 12 min walk

Thanks Rich for the information. Hoping for a nice day for our July 22 stop there

Good Morning,
Today is Homer, Alaska. We arrive at 8:00am and all aboard is 5:30pm
Entertainment tonight:
Ocean Bar:
Ocean Trio has 3 sets today, 6:00, 7:45 & 9:45
Piano Bar:
Wally B entertains from 8:45 until closing
Explorers's Lounge:
Performs at 6:30 and 7:30
Main Stage:
Bellissima   
Movie:
On the Basis of Sex
Today's movies on the TV
Ch35: 15:17 to Paris                            
Ch36: Crazy Rich Asians
Ch37: Glass
Happy Hour:
4:00 - 5:00 in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest, 9:45 - 10:45 in the Ocean Bar, 10
over the course of the day - Scattagories, Pickleball, Ping Pong, Party
Bridge, Mahjong and more

TowelAnimal20190610.jpg

W&W20190611A.jpg

W&W20190611B.jpg

51 minutes ago, richwmn said:

richwmn, Thank you for the updates.. you are spending so much time doing this for us... it is appreciated! Are you having fun? What are you doing when on the ship? Meeting any interesting people? How is the noise level?

21 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

It's not optional as the detergent has to meet the requirements for processing and getting rid of.   That doesn't prevent you from also adding your own but I don't believe it'll be of much use along with the ship's detergent.  You also want to be sure that upcoming drydocks aren't going to delete the self-serve laundry as they have on at least the Zaandam.

Used to be $2 per laundry load, $1 per dryer load, quarters only.

On that note, a friend of mine does laundry in a hand spun salad mixer, usually only delicates/intimates.  Might be an idea for you as an option.

Thank you.   That's what I was afraid of.   I guess I will have to throw in one piece of my husband's clothing with my wash load as a test to see if he has a reaction to the detergent before I wash all of his clothes in it.   Hopefully they use a non allergenic detergent. 

4 minutes ago, 2pbears said:

Thank you.   That's what I was afraid of.   I guess I will have to throw in one piece of my husband's clothing with my wash load as a test to see if he has a reaction to the detergent before I wash all of his clothes in it.   Hopefully they use a non allergenic detergent. 

I would think it is similar to the same soap they use on the towels and sheets. If that doesn't bother him then he should be fine. 

22 minutes ago, lindaler said:

I would think it is similar to the same soap they use on the towels and sheets. If that doesn't bother him then he should be fine. 

That's what I'm thinking.   If he doesn't react to the sheets we should be good to go.

Curious if anyone took the halibut fishing excursion today in Homer? If so how was the fishing? We are on the June 17th sailing and booked for this excursion. Any info would be appreciated.

Good evening,

We have departed from Homer. It is interesting how Homer is set up for cruisers. I would suspect that they don't get too many ships. When you leave the ship there is a short walk to get to a Welcome area. This is a place where we had a school bus, seemed to be k-8 size, to shuttle us to a shopping area about 10 minutes ride from the ship. This area has the normal gift shops, restaurants, and bars.

Next we have Homer's version of a HOHO bus. This is again a school bus which has a 4 stop loop around the city which takes about an hour. The ride showed a good overview of Homer, but could have had a bit more commentary.

The weather has, again, been wonderful. Nice and clear, reasonable temperature, and overall a good day.

We departed on time around 5pm, on our way to Kodiak tomorrow.

11JuneDinner.pdf

Wishing you a wonderful day in Kodiak.  Your weather has been wonderful.  I have not yet sailed on the Amsterdam and I am wondering if you have any input deciding between stateroom 3426 and 3395?  Any thoughts  ANYTHING you can share is appreciated.

Thank you so much. 

Edited by FlorenceItaly

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

Good evening,

We have departed from Homer. It is interesting how Homer is set up for cruisers. I would suspect that they don't get too many ships. When you leave the ship there is a short walk to get to a Welcome area. This is a place where we had a school bus, seemed to be k-8 size, to shuttle us to a shopping area about 10 minutes ride from the ship. This area has the normal gift shops, restaurants, and bars.

Next we have Homer's version of a HOHO bus. This is again a school bus which has a 4 stop loop around the city which takes about an hour. The ride showed a good overview of Homer, but could have had a bit more commentary.

The weather has, again, been wonderful. Nice and clear, reasonable temperature, and overall a good day.

We departed on time around 5pm, on our way to Kodiak tomorrow.

11JuneDinner.pdf 116.08 kB · 26 downloads

What is the cost of the HoHo bus?