Amsterdam

richwmn

@richwmn I just want to add my thank you to all the others for you taking the time to make all these posts.  We are going on this cruise in September, so reading your info has helped us get excited about the trip.  We booked so far in advance that I wouldn't allow myself to think about it because it was so far away.  Now we're starting plan.  Thanks!!

• Like 1

It's a little after 10pm, suitcase is out in the passageway, and the account is closed. Another cruise is effectively over. The only thing left, unfortunately, is to get off the ship in the morning. Luckily I'm not in a hurry and can have a leisurely exit.

One last towel animal

Hope everyone has an uneventful transfer back to their homes.

I also want to thank everyone for the additions to the thread. To those who said thanks, you are very welcome. I hope the information presented here helps in your future travels.

Till the next cruise.

Rich

TowelAnimal20190616.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you rich for all your help, bags are in the car, get up at 7:00 shave, etc. drive to Seattle, park and hope to board before noon.  It appears weather may not be as nice as you had, but will make the best of it.

OP - thanks for all the great information!  

Also, assuming that you are going to the airport, please let us know what transportation you used and did you do the airport valet service from the city.

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

OP - thanks for all the great information!  

Also, assuming that you are going to the airport, please let us know what transportation you used and did you do the airport valet service from the city.

I am not going directly to the airport, I am visiting friends here until Thursday.

As to the Port Valet service, judging from the luggage tags in the passageway last night a lot of people used it, maybe a majority. I hope some people will report on how it went.

I'll be sailing this trip in a few weeks and plan to use luggage valet...I'll let everyone know how it goes as well as post updates to my blog.  If anyone has any questions that richwmn didn't get a chance to answer let me know!

15 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thank you for a wonderful blow-by-blow trip report!! Truly great. Any chance you have the last night's MDR menu? 

Sorry, it looks like I didn't save it.

My sister used the Port Valet and it went very well.  Her luggage was waiting for her in Dallas.

On another note, I had planned to use Mobile Pass to speed up disembarkation.  They wanted money to upgrade to Pro which I signed up for.  Turned out that it is only for three Florida cruise ports.  Got my money back easily.  When we reclaimed our luggage, we simply showed our passports to the agent and walked right through.  Could not have been easier.

Our only disaster was the cab "overheated" and we had to get a new cab about half way to Seatac.  Let me say that a Prius is not the best car for three folks with two weeks worth of luggage...  If we had not used Port Valet for my sister, we would never have fit in the car.

Thanks to Rich for a great thread.

12 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

My sister used the Port Valet and it went very well.  Her luggage was waiting for her in Dallas.

On another note, I had planned to use Mobile Pass to speed up disembarkation.  They wanted money to upgrade to Pro which I signed up for.  Turned out that it is only for three Florida cruise ports.  Got my money back easily.  When we reclaimed our luggage, we simply showed our passports to the agent and walked right through.  Could not have been easier.

Our only disaster was the cab "overheated" and we had to get a new cab about half way to Seatac.  Let me say that a Prius is not the best car for three folks with two weeks worth of luggage...  If we had not used Port Valet for my sister, we would never have fit in the car.

Thanks to Rich for a great thread.

Thanks for the comment on port valet.  On the taxi - was it a flat $47 rate?

Just now, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for the comment on port valet.  On the taxi - was it a flat $47 rate?

Yes, the taxi was $47 and that included drop off of sister at airport and taking us to airport Marriott.  We did tip both driver however...

Leaving now for airport...

1 minute ago, 65 Gator said:

Yes, the taxi was $47 and that included drop off of sister at airport and taking us to airport Marriott.  We did tip both driver however...

Leaving now for airport...

Thanks - I saw a report today of some people being charged the meter rate.  Did you do/say anything to the driver when you got in the taxi?

9 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks - I saw a report today of some people being charged the meter rate.  Did you do/say anything to the driver when you got in the taxi?

I got the meter rate going to a hotel near the airport, it was more than the $47 flat rate although I was told it should be about the same. I filled out an online form yesterday with no response and will be calling shortly.

On 6/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, zelker said:

Here's the link to the Homer Trolley (HoHo) - it's $15 pp.  http://www.homertrolley.com/

The two times we've been previously, the shuttle from the ship drops off and picks up passengers out on The Spit.  https://www.homeralaska.org/the-homer-spit.html

Trolley was out of commission...so you had to do the HAL offered shuttle.