Princess, Buy $500 get $25 Free! :-)

SunNFunCruzer

I just tried to order $2000 worth of gift cards and with the code, only one $25 bonus card is added. Your best return is on a $500 gift card. Anything more doesn't get you more bonus cards.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I just tried to order $2000 worth of gift cards and with the code, only one $25 bonus card is added. Your best return is on a $500 gift card. Anything more doesn't get you more bonus cards.

If there are two in the cabin, you could order $500 each.  Is there any language that says they are non-transferable?   If not, you can always ask a son/daughter/parent/aunt/uncle/etc. to order for you.

As long as there is no rule disallowing it, I think you can gift an unlimited amount of cards.  Is there any fine print on the offer?  I am already paid in full and am displeased with Princess Customer Service at the moment (this Alaska cruise may be my last Princess for a while).

7 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

If there are two in the cabin, you could order $500 each.  Is there any language that says they are non-transferable?   If not, you can always ask a son/daughter/parent/aunt/uncle/etc. to order for you.

As long as there is no rule disallowing it, I think you can gift an unlimited amount of cards.  Is there any fine print on the offer?  I am already paid in full and am displeased with Princess Customer Service at the moment (this Alaska cruise may be my last Princess for a while).

You're right. Multiple purchases and purchasers may work. They definitely ARE transferable, it says so in the FAQs. Just going to have to be more creative to get more bonus cards.

Edited by beg3yrs

I've been buying Princess gift cards from my Kroger.  With 4x fuel points, I get a dollar off per gallon of gas and it works out a little better than the Princess offer.

I just tried it and the promo code didn't add anything. GAH!!! With the MOM50 code when I hit "apply" the bonus card showed up in the cart. With this one nothing showed up so I cancelled the purchase. I am hoping to buy a number of these. I got 3 of the $1k cards with the $50 bonus last time. I would have gotten more but the system kept saying my credit card info didn't match - even after I had a 3 way call with them and my credit card company.

Edited by Thrak

They sure don't give you much time on those promo cards. I was hoping it would be a little later than the Mothers day promo cards. I sail on August 4, and was hoping to just apply the bonus on board, but I guess I will be calling Princess to apply.

And the limit of one purchase per customer is new. I guess they figured out too many people went for the Mothers day promo this year. I got $5k, so $250 of free credit.  Since I have 2 cruises booked this year, I knew it would get used.

12 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Unfortunately does not apply outside US.

Sorry. More precise info...

At this time, Princess Cruises Gift Cards are only available for purchase by residents of the United States and Canada.

Please note that Princess Cruises Plastic Gift Cards cannot be mailed to Canada so Canadian residents wishing to purchase a Gift Card should select the Digital Card option.

Digital gift cards redeemed by Canadian residents can only be used towards cruise passage for bookings made in US Dollars or onboard all Princess vessels at the passenger services desk.  Princess Cruises Gift Cards cannot be applied towards cruise passage for bookings made in Canadian Dollars.

9 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree it is good for only 1 $25 GC no matter how much over the $500 you purchase.

Wasn't that the same limit imposed for the Mothers Day promo?  And peeps reported here on somehow ordering many cards ... and getting several bonus cards? 

I'm in the process of buying a bunch of these. 5 so far, so that's $125 in bonus! No problems with getting the DAD25 code to work, you just have to always use a $500 card. Not sure my TA will enjoy doing all of these for me to apply to my cruise, LOL, but I'll wait until a slooow time of day to call, if there is such a thing! 

Off to get a few more! Have payment due by June 30th so might as well get a slight reduction in that amount! And points on my Princess Visa! 

So We are new to Princess and taking our first Princess cruise in October. I did not receive an email about the sale on gift cards. I also went on their website but cannot find anywhere where they are offering this sale on the cards. Can someone help me out? We do I find the 5% sale on gift cards? Thanks

50 minutes ago, tigger54 said:

So We are new to Princess and taking our first Princess cruise in October. I did not receive an email about the sale on gift cards. I also went on their website but cannot find anywhere where they are offering this sale on the cards. Can someone help me out? We do I find the 5% sale on gift cards? Thanks

Go to the very bottom of the Princess website and click on 'Gift Cards' under Ships & Experiences. You can select either a physical card that they mail you or a digital one they will email to you. When you add it to the cart, there is a box you can add the promo code DAD25 to get the bonus $25 card added to your cart.

It should also be noted that even after this promotion ends, you can buy Princess gift cards at Target (both in-store or online). If you use the Target RedCard to pay you'll get 5% off so in essence this deal is available everyday through them.

Edited by tntornadox

29 minutes ago, tntornadox said:

It should also be noted that even after this promotion ends, you can buy Princess gift cards at Target (both in-store or online). If you use the Target RedCard to pay you'll get 5% off so in essence this deal is available everyday through them.

Did not know Target had those, thanks!

18 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I've been buying Princess gift cards from my Kroger.  With 4x fuel points, I get a dollar off per gallon of gas and it works out a little better than the Princess offer.

My Kroger doesn't carry Princess gift cards.....grrrrrr