Is it allowed?

Kri1970

Okay, so this is maybe a dumb question, but first time cruise coming up, we booked the steakhouse for embarkation day, BUT I see on the menus that day also has the strawberry soup in the MDR (cruising on Breeze 7 day eastern with YTD). I have a serious love for chilled strawberry soup, I can't possibly imagine not getting it. SO, question time. Can we go to the steakhouse at 5:30pm for dinner, then at say 8:30 or 9, go to the MDR also same day? That way I can go have the steakhouse, but still have strawberry soup, maybe another app, probably no entree? 

I hear you.  Strawberry Bisque is the reason I stopped booking the Steakhouse on the first night.  It's that good!

I agree with other posters.  If you have assigned any time dining go before or after the steakhouse.  Otherwise, make your steakhouse reservation fit before or after your assigned dining.

Happy sailing -- and eating.

• Like 1

Thanks, all. Yes, we have any time dining, and we booked the steakhouse at 5:30, which is SO early, I'm sure I would have room to eat more later. But I do like the idea of dessert to go from the steakhouse. We still have 177 days to go, and I've already told my husband of my intent to do this, he tried to tell me you couldn't go to 2 dinners in the same night! I'm glad to have folks to validate my position! I expect I will eat the chilled fruit soups most nights, but the strawberry is the one I am MOST excited for, love the stuff! Disney has it on the buffet at 1900 Park Faire at Grand Floridian, we ate it the very first trip to Disney back in 2007, and I fell in love with it. Now we live in Florida so I can get it more often, which only makes me crave it more!

10 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

Ask at the Steak house for the clilled soup.

This!

Just because you're at the steakhouse, doesn't mean the staff can't retrieve food items from the MDR.  Ask them for the soup and I bet they'll get it for you without you having to step foot in the MDR.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I couldn’t imagine a dinner time of 5:30pm.

i usually have lunch #2 mid afternoon (usually pizza or guys burger) so I wouldn’t be hungry at 5:30pm dinner

I'm glad carnival has a large window of time to choose from when it comes to dinner.

• Like 1

Just know that you can order any of the items on the appetizer menu as a dessert item.  We love apps, soups, salad...and when there are more than we can do before main, we order for dessert.  And sometimes those things can be had at the buffet.  Definitely check there first.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

On 6/14/2019 at 6:49 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I couldn’t imagine a dinner time of 5:30pm.

i usually have lunch #2 mid afternoon (usually pizza or guys burger) so I wouldn’t be hungry at 5:30pm dinner

Pre-Breakfast

Breakfast

2nd Breakfast

Elevensies

Lunch

Second Lunch

Threesies

Late afternoon snack

Dinner

2nd Dinner

Midnight snack

Repeat!   Eat like a Hobbitt!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Pre-Breakfast

Breakfast

2nd Breakfast

Elevensies

Lunch

Second Lunch

Threesies

Late afternoon snack

Dinner

2nd Dinner

Midnight snack

Could never see myself consuming 11 meals over the course of a day, no matter how small they might be.

Now, if you're talking 11 drinks from the Cheers package....👍

2 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Pre-Breakfast

Breakfast

2nd Breakfast

Elevensies

Lunch

Second Lunch

Threesies

Late afternoon snack

Dinner

2nd Dinner

Midnight snack

You skip brunch and linner?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 4:32 PM, Kri1970 said:

Thanks, all. Yes, we have any time dining, and we booked the steakhouse at 5:30, which is SO early, I'm sure I would have room to eat more later. But I do like the idea of dessert to go from the steakhouse. We still have 177 days to go, and I've already told my husband of my intent to do this, he tried to tell me you couldn't go to 2 dinners in the same night! I'm glad to have folks to validate my position! I expect I will eat the chilled fruit soups most nights, but the strawberry is the one I am MOST excited for, love the stuff! Disney has it on the buffet at 1900 Park Faire at Grand Floridian, we ate it the very first trip to Disney back in 2007, and I fell in love with it. Now we live in Florida so I can get it more often, which only makes me crave it more!

1900 Park Fare with the Strawberry soup and rice krispies treats plus the Steps was one of my fave WDW meals. 

3 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Pre-Breakfast

Breakfast

2nd Breakfast

Elevensies

Lunch

Second Lunch

Threesies

Late afternoon snack

Dinner

2nd Dinner

Midnight snack

THIS.  All of this above is what I do.  Where do you count the Ice cream cones?  Nothing wrong with ice cream cone after breakfast one or 2.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 1:52 PM, Kri1970 said:

Okay, so this is maybe a dumb question, but first time cruise coming up, we booked the steakhouse for embarkation day, BUT I see on the menus that day also has the strawberry soup in the MDR (cruising on Breeze 7 day eastern with YTD). I have a serious love for chilled strawberry soup, I can't possibly imagine not getting it. SO, question time. Can we go to the steakhouse at 5:30pm for dinner, then at say 8:30 or 9, go to the MDR also same day? That way I can go have the steakhouse, but still have strawberry soup, maybe another app, probably no entree? 

Above and beyond what you've asked..... You should also ask at dinner on day 2 if they still have any! I have done that for desserts and/or regular food that we missed the night before OR just wanted again. Often they're able to find it! Worth asking!

19 hours ago, K&RCurt said:

Pre-Breakfast

Breakfast

2nd Breakfast

Elevensies

Lunch

Second Lunch

Threesies

Late afternoon snack

Dinner

2nd Dinner

Midnight snack

Absolutely!!!!  I was sending pics of my food to my sisters on my last cruise...they kept saying "didn't you just eat an hour ago"  LOL   

They have never cruised....they don't get it :):)

On 6/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, Essiesmom said:

Just know that you can order any of the items on the appetizer menu as a dessert item.  We love apps, soups, salad...and when there are more than we can do before main, we order for dessert.  And sometimes those things can be had at the buffet.  Definitely check there first.  EM

Sister asks for her chilled soups in a glass.  Best one I've had was the Watermelon and Basil chilled soup on the Mexican Riviera Journeys cruise.

20 hours ago, Gettys84 said:

THIS.  All of this above is what I do.  Where do you count the Ice cream cones?  Nothing wrong with ice cream cone after breakfast one or 2.

Ice cream cones are not a meal.  They are a mineral supplement. providing calcium.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Some cruise lines serve the nightly MDR soups in the buffet.  Anyone know if CCL does this and if this is an option for the OP?  

I have not found any of the chilled soups on Lido.  There may be one of the hot soups unlike the 2 or more offered in the dining room

• Like 1