Favourite location for sail away?

WESTEAST

We've been on many cruises with Oceania and always look forward to sail away and am curious to learn favourite ship locations on either R or O class of ships from my fellow cruisers?  We sometimes walk about the fitness track to watch the shore disappear into the distance or other times head to Horizons depending upon the weather and time of day.

55 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

We've been on many cruises with Oceania and always look forward to sail away and am curious to learn favourite ship locations on either R or O class of ships from my fellow cruisers?  We sometimes walk about the fitness track to watch the shore disappear into the distance or other times head to Horizons depending upon the weather and time of day.

A few of my favorites:

Sydney Harbour

Istanbul

NY - passing Statue of Liberty

Horizon's is great, except if you want good photo's, it is better to step outside, and not shoot thru windows, which are tinted, and often have reflection's and are not always clean outside.   If weather is good, I like to go onto top sport's deck when sailing into a new harbor.

Sometimes, I like to watch from the outside deck below the lifeboats, but then you have to scurry back and forth to the opposite side of the ship to see everything.

Other times, I like to watch from the rear, outside portion of the Terrace Cafe, especially if the ship is reversing...

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

Sitting on our veranda with a glass of wine..

Jancruz1

Me too, Jan!  Especially if we are far aft or forward ...

If we want a 180 degree view, we go up top.

Mura

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mura said:

Me too, Jan!  Especially if we are far aft or forward ...

If we want a 180 degree view, we go up top.

Mura

We're in 9141 so I think I know where we'll be 🙂  (Actually we're planning on 'embarking' and then immediately leaving for feijoada and returning.  So I wouldn't be surprised if we sleep through "sail away."  LOL

Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 7.06.15 PM.png

Sail away we always enjoy sitting out on the outside portion of terrace cafe while drinking and having ordures/munchies. Most times there is plenty of room to either sit in the shade or the sun 🙂

8 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Sail away we always enjoy sitting out on the outside portion of terrace cafe while drinking and having ordures/munchies. Most times there is plenty of room to either sit in the shade or the sun 🙂

Definition ORDURES, dung , garbage etc!😂

5 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

Definition ORDURES, dung , garbage etc!😂

What do you get when the worlds worse speller typing with two fingers has auto speller???

Thanks so much for the online proof reading and description of miss-spelled word 🙂

Cheers,

John

PS: hors d'oeurves I hope is the correct spelling. Should have just stuck with munchies...😉

18 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

What do you get when the worlds worse speller typing with two fingers has auto speller???

Thanks so much for the online proof reading and description of miss-spelled word 🙂

Cheers,

John

PS: hors d'oeurves I hope is the correct spelling. Should have just stuck with munchies...😉

Just fun, happens to me more often than I can say.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:12 AM, AZjohn said:

Cheers,

John

I'm REALLY into food, cooking and eating it, and I still have to give thought to those three vowels together 🙂  Appetizers works also.

34 minutes ago, Winters Gate said:

St Petersburg, what can beat a Russian sail away with caviar and vodka!😀

That sound divine!  Did you bring it on or order it?  I'm guessing bring it on.  Yum.

2 hours ago, clo said:

That sound divine!  Did you bring it on or order it?  I'm guessing bring it on.  Yum.

No we did not bring it on, Oceania had a "Russian sail away" in Horizons, It was not an included but well worth the money any way!

• Like 1