A Muse-ment on the waves. Alaska Live 17.06.19

Daveywavey70

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Luckily we missed all of that Turnip! We had lunch at Kaiseki too today, It looked quite busy and full of kids when we looked in just after 12 so we went back around 1ish and it was quieter. It was very good and the service was fine by then. I am surprised by how many teenagers there are on this cruise.

I Was chatting to a gent earlier who had managed to snap a whale this morning so they are around! 

Sounds like you might have the same butler as us! Told him yesterday that they had overlooked the promise of VIP status, he said he would check. Asked him again this morning and he said he had asked his manager but his manager didn't know anything about it. I Suggested to him that maybe I should just go to reception to ask and he was fine with that.

By the time we left, they’d brought in second ‘chef’ (I’m sure there is a correct name for sushi maker) and a lovely waitress/server from Atlantide, so it sounds like the service was improved for later diners.

Apparently, there are 28 children on board, I don’t know if teenagers are included in that number. I’m sure they wouldn’t want to be classified as children😁. On the next cruise there are 60 children on board.

Thank you all for the well wishes.

We just had a huge pod of Porpoise came to play with the Ship! Played along for around 10 minutes then off they went. Just trying to upload a short vid. It's a buggeration that SS block youtube uploads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Muse Leaving Vancouver

36010.jpg

Wonderful pictures, plus the added comments and details.  Great visual for sailing under this Vancouver icon bridge.  It's nice to get such a range of different experiences and perspectives from all who are reporting.  

And, the "adventure" is just starting!!  Much more to come.  You're building up, UP the excitement for those of us who have upcoming Silver Muse sailings scheduled.  When handy, give us any updates as to how full is the ship, the Captain's name, how long the HD and CD will be aboard the ship, etc.?   Who will later be taking over these roles, etc.?  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 47,374 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

21 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

Looks like you'll be buying the drinks! Oh, wait a minute. You're off the hook.

I agree with you on the Silver Note Beehive. Interesting presentation, lackluster flavor.

DSC02974.JPG

Edited by Trigggirl
Sorry looks like I hijacked your post, I don’t know how to fix it

I was there last night too. Loved the entertainers. Food - have to say I was disappointed. I had the beehive, not much flavour. Also the bread tray was straight from a fridge, a crisp up in the oven would have made all the difference. 

• We went on the Alaskan Sea Cycle trip this morning. I was a little apprehensive, but it was fine. We cycled for almost two hours and kept stopping to look at the wildlife.. The high spot was the owners’ youngest son, aged 14, throwing frozen fish into the water for the Bald Eagles to swoop down on and grasp them in their talons. Amazing!

we ate in Indochine yesterday evening. We throughly enjoyed the food and ambiance, although the place was only half full.

Edited by turnip eater

Better late than never 🙂

What an amazing time we are having. The ship is wonderful, the crew fantastic, the ports unbelievable, the excursions mind blowing, the food incredible, fellow passengers lovely, weather amazing and the beauty of Alaska is beyond worlds.

Sitting by the pool now in glorious sunshine with a G&T and a Pizza.

Did I mention I'm enjoying myself?

DJI_0215.JPG

DJI_0224.JPG

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Better late than never 🙂

What an amazing time we are having. The ship is wonderful, the crew fantastic, the ports unbelievable, the excursions mind blowing, the food incredible, fellow passengers lovely, weather amazing and the beauty of Alaska is beyond worlds.

Hurray DW!  Savour the glorious time!

5 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Have all CCers onboard had a card for the meet and Mingle?

It's at 6.30 tonight in Dolce Vita.

See you there.

You know, a little advance warning would have been nice. 😉

It's a long plane ride for us on such short notice, even with the time change, so we'll catch you next time. Have fun!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nowornever said:

I wonder if the ship will bring on local seafood....a la Copper River Salmon (it's in season right now), halibut & King Crab.  Yum.  Let us know.

We had Alaskan Halibut in Atlantide on boarding for Sunday lunch......taste and presentation perfect, as was the service.

4 hours ago, turnip eater said:

Just to add......we ate in Atlantide this evening, Several choices of Alaskan fish were on the menu

Great to see ALL of these wonderful visuals from Davey, plus the added comments and details from turnip eater, etc.  Glad to know Davey is loving it all so much.   Keep it coming!!  Am I assuming right that the Internet on the ship is a little slow, but working well enough for these picture uploads, etc.??

Know things are busy on the ship with the various port stops, excursions, etc.  When handy, let us know  more about the staff, speaker on the ship, etc. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 221,507 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

14 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Better late than never 🙂

DJI_0215.JPG

DJI_0224.JPG

and it looks like your VIP priv came thru. ENJOY IT ALL!!

• Like 1

Well good morning all.

Dinner last night was la Terrazza. I Must commend Silversea on the extra effort they go to to provide an authentic Italian atmosphere in there, the disorganisation and confusion particularly add to the feeling that you're in a genuine Italian restaurant. The food was fine, I wouldn't really like to criticise it at all but I'd just comment that there is not a lot of wow in it like in some other venues.  

Looking forward to trying this local fish we keep hearing about in Atlantide.

Sitka today and a whale watching tour! Have a good day y'all.

image.thumb.png.1fbd717331fe2f46052b0f7e4e511706.png

image.png.c6610a445c28b8bbb47ad673ff6ad5a3.pngimage.thumb.png.8715ceed9f8909d92e7b801bea7e8cae.png

image.thumb.png.e96a147e8ee5c90c085f6de99486bf19.png

image.thumb.png.cc8c5b5457745b92a72a42bd81434101.png

image.thumb.png.3955bab7fc5eca0811938f4f51145dca.png

• Like 1