Don't Be A Pier Runner......

Laszlo

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

NCL Escape 6-14-19 Leaving Bermuda....

No excitement or suspense here !

These folks are in no urgency expediency to get on board holding up the whole timely sailing !

I love it when the gallery of those on board are cheering the last second runners while the Captain is sounding the

ships horn and boarding gangplank has a couple of dock workers who are going thru the motions to remove it.

18 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

LOL they were VERY lucky! 

They must be pretty dumb too ...... How is it that people just don't understand or listen to when they are to be back on the ship? My feelings towards these types of people are I hope the ship leaves them behind, hoping the captain does not wait for them. 

• Like 5

had the same happen on one of our Canada cruises two guys lost track of time at a bar and when the ship sounded the horn they had to run about a mile to the ship. the whole boat was wondering why we hadn't left and when we saw them we started cheering for them to hurry up lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zqvol said:

Not even close to being a true pier runner. If they were there would have been NCL crew around the gangway.

What you don't see is the gangway was pulled, then put back for these people. Granted I guess they weren't "Officially" late since it was 2:50pm and we were leaving at 3pm

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

What you don't see is the gangway was pulled, then put back for these people. Granted I guess they weren't "Officially" late since it was 2:50pm and we were leaving at 3pm

Isn't everyone supposed to be on board 30 minutes before departure?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

They hadn't even reached the point when they were making announcements for the missing passengers yet.

Yes, pier runners are idiots and screw-ups. But how would you like it if your next idiotic move was filmed and posted up on YouTube. As perfect as I am, I've still screwed up once or twice in my life. Do I really want those whoppers up on YouTube? 🤔 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

Yes, pier runners are idiots and screw-ups. But how would you like it if your next idiotic move was filmed and posted up on YouTube. As perfect as I am, I've still screwed up once or twice in my life. Do I really want those whoppers up on YouTube? 🤔 

I think being on YouTube is the current (and kinder) version of walking the plank. 😉

On every cruise I have been on, folks line up at the rails or on their balconies "To watch the show."  

All guests SHOULD know when to return, but sometimes there are reasons.  Tied up in traffic, cab broke down, etc.  If a ship trip is late getting back, the ship will usually wait.

Overstaying in a bar or shops are not good excuses.  Keep your eyes on your watch, if you are out on your own.  The ship does not have to wait for you.

To play devils advocate a bit before getting to Bermuda there's a time change of -1 hour during day light savings (so now) so if anyone forgot to adjust their watch it is possible that their watch says it's 2:00PM and they think they are getting back a half hour early. Of course multiple warnings are given to adjust clocks back but people on land tend to rely on their cell phone to do it for them, if they brought their phone to use as a clock which has been on airplane mode since embarking, it didn't update. If they weren't used to wearing watches and manually adjusting them for the time change, or had a smart watch on airplane mode they expected to auto adjust and didn't... Just saying there could be a plethora of reasons other than 'got too drunk at a bar and lost track of time' which could end in something like this. I'd wager the time change is why I notice it spoken about more often with Bermuda cruises than others. 

Bermuda pier runners are definitely the best entertainment the cruise has to offer. Last month there were a bunch of locals in whatever that bar that looks like a pirate ship across the pier shouting at them along with all the people on their balconies.