Footstools in Concierge and Aqua Class ????

ipeeinthepool

Defintely a table in my opinion. I do not see many able to use this small round top surface easily. Imagine how you would have to adjust the chairs to reach the higher level:classic_ninja:

And two sets of feet? I do not think so. Not big enough.

9 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

No mention of Concierge class  bathrobes??

All Celebrity staterooms get bathrobes.

Just different kinds of bathrobes for different category staterooms.

If you get the heavy, bulky robes in Concierge class, you can ask to have them exchanged for lighter ones (which they are usually willing to do, but no guarantee).

I just purchased 2 blow up ottomans on Amazon that weigh less than 2 pounds each and are compact.  It is important for me to have a foot stool - one of the reasons to love Concierge because I have a bad hip.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Oh no 😉

Only mentioned it as I don't want to pack a robe and look forward to cabin robes...fluffy or otherwise.  Will ask CC posters if they had a robe (and also footstool) before our next cruise.

• Like 1

There are no footstools and no reclining chairs on the Infinite Verandas in Aqua Class on the Edge.  The furniture: two small chairs and a tiny round tray on a low stand which was already falling apart in January, the month after the ship’s US debut.

And, sadly, all the Aqua cabins have those cramped Infinite Verandas. I’ll never book one of those again. Others do like them - to each his (or her) own.

I also brought my own inflatable foot stool, which worked well and packed flat.

How about those aft balcony cabins on Edge?  They have larger balconies.  

Do they just have two tiny chairs.....and a tiny table.  No footstools?  How about a lounger, which would certainly fit ….. to much to ask or hope for?

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

All cabin categories have always had robes.  To my knowledge, no one has posted that post revolution the robes were MIA.

Um...yes...in the screen shot 1st page posted from the site re 'concierge', there's no mention of robes...just for Aqua.  I just took a screen shot myself, below.

image.thumb.png.fcce47e18bae434f0be69c97bcbd891a.png

• Like 1

For those who might want to know, I telephoned Captain's Club yesterday to find out if the footstools in Concierge on Infinity have yet been removed - not to be revolutionized until 2020 - and I was told they are no longer there!  Totally bummed out.  Can't sit for any length of time with my feet down, and we tend to spend a good deal of time on our verandas.

I told her that perhaps I'd have to pile the stateroom pillows on the floor in front of me while outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Um...yes...in the screen shot 1st page posted from the site re 'concierge', there's no mention of robes...just for Aqua.  I just took a screen shot myself, below.

image.thumb.png.fcce47e18bae434f0be69c97bcbd891a.png

I take this as just another example of Celebrity’s wonky website.  I don’t really believe the revolution of Equinox has resulted in any category’s robes being taken away.

In marketing speak, it's called creating "perceived value".

In order to make Aqua look more valuable, they deliberately add items that exist for all cabins only to the higher class cabin descriptions, or reword them to sound more enticing or unique at each level.

It's a common marketing technique to make a higher priced product (CC and AQ) seem worth the extra money, even if it is not all that different from less-expensive options (regular verandas).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I take this as just another example of Celebrity’s wonky website.  I don’t really believe the revolution of Equinox has resulted in any category’s robes being taken away.

I agree re the 'marketing' aspect of their site wording...I also believe they're somewhat casual re proofing.  Seems like a petty thing, doesn't it.....  Robes and footstools?...but I really don't want to pack a robe if I can use theirs...LOL and I've counted on it being there for many years.

I pack a large inflatable ball.  They make the best footstools, inexpensive and light weight.   Before inflating they pack flat in suitcase.

Inflated, they are easy to pick up with 2 fingers to use inside the cabin as well, while watching TV or reading.

You can inflate them to whatever hardness/softness you prefer.

image.png.06b7c5cd029fab6cc2457109d4ef6b30.png

Some enterprising locals could supplement their incomes quite nicely by putting up "Inexpensive Cruise Footstool" signs and selling such large balls to cruise passengers at the various ports.

Example:  Amazon.com: Intex Jumbo Ball (42 inches) (Pack of 2):

Edited by varoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We used to routinely book Aqua Class and it was fine.  Then we started to realize that the quality of the food in Blu was not nearly as good as in some of the alternative restaurants or even the MDR, but we still booked Aqua and would sometimes order from the "secret" Blu menu of certain MDR items.  Then they took away the free bottled water in Aqua and we also got tired of having to deal with the lousy location of Aqua Cabins (many are directly under the pool deck with that ugly overhang).  So we started booking lower priced regular balcony cabins (which we sometimes got upgraded to Concierge for free) which were in better locations then the more expensive Aqua.  The money we saved by not booking Aqua bought us dining packages so that we could have most of our meals in Murano, Qsine or the Lawn.  But then they increased the prices in the alternative restaurants.  So on our most recent cruise we booked the lowest price balcony cabin (which was fine) and ate in the MDR (which seemed to have a better menu then Blu).  But now, we have no more bookings on Celebrity although we do have 6 cruises (over 100 days) booked for the next year.  We get the message :(.

One irony about the price increases in alternate restaurants.  Our most recent cruise was on the Summit where there is no Murano.  But that ship still has the old Qsine format (which will soon change) so we did inquire about having a meal in Qsine.  We told the Maitre'd we would love to dine in Qsine (which seemed to be near empty on most nights) if we could get a 2 for 1 deal (half price).  We were offered 30% off (we would get 15% off just because we are Elite Plus) but rejected the offer telling the Maitre'd we would only be interested at 2 for 1.  He said he could not give us that deal and we thanked him for his time.  A few days before the end of our 10 day cruise we ran into the Maitre'd and he quickly offered us 2 for 1 in Qsine for the last night of the cruise.  We accepted the deal, the food was very good, and the restaurant was near empty with only 3 other tables.  We talked to the table next to us and they had also been lured by the half price deal and, like us, said there was no way they would dine at the venue for anything near the full price.

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, varoo said:

I pack a large inflatable ball.  They make the best footstools, inexpensive and light weight.   Before inflating they pack flat in suitcase.

Inflated, they are easy to pick up with 2 fingers to use inside the cabin as well, while watching TV or reading.

You can inflate them to whatever hardness/softness you prefer.

image.png.06b7c5cd029fab6cc2457109d4ef6b30.png

Some enterprising locals could supplement their incomes quite nicely by putting up "Inexpensive Cruise Footstool" signs and selling such large balls to cruise passengers at the various ports.

Example:  Amazon.com: Intex Jumbo Ball (42 inches) (Pack of 2):

the one I like.. is  17 x 13 x 20 inflated.   Seems versatile

Could not get pic to copy

Edited by hcat

17 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We used to routinely book Aqua Class and it was fine.  Then we started to realize that the quality of the food in Blu was not nearly as good as in some of the alternative restaurants or even the MDR, but we still booked Aqua and would sometimes order from the "secret" Blu menu of certain MDR items.  Then they took away the free bottled water in Aqua and we also got tired of having to deal with the lousy location of Aqua Cabins (many are directly under the pool deck with that ugly overhang).  So we started booking lower priced regular balcony cabins (which we sometimes got upgraded to Concierge for free) which were in better locations then the more expensive Aqua.  The money we saved by not booking Aqua bought us dining packages so that we could have most of our meals in Murano, Qsine or the Lawn.  But then they increased the prices in the alternative restaurants.  So on our most recent cruise we booked the lowest price balcony cabin (which was fine) and ate in the MDR (which seemed to have a better menu then Blu).  But now, we have no more bookings on Celebrity although we do have 6 cruises (over 100 days) booked for the next year.  We get the message :(.

One irony about the price increases in alternate restaurants.  Our most recent cruise was on the Summit where there is no Murano.  But that ship still has the old Qsine format (which will soon change) so we did inquire about having a meal in Qsine.  We told the Maitre'd we would love to dine in Qsine (which seemed to be near empty on most nights) if we could get a 2 for 1 deal (half price).  We were offered 30% off (we would get 15% off just because we are Elite Plus) but rejected the offer telling the Maitre'd we would only be interested at 2 for 1.  He said he could not give us that deal and we thanked him for his time.  A few days before the end of our 10 day cruise we ran into the Maitre'd and he quickly offered us 2 for 1 in Qsine for the last night of the cruise.  We accepted the deal, the food was very good, and the restaurant was near empty with only 3 other tables.  We talked to the table next to us and they had also been lured by the half price deal and, like us, said there was no way they would dine at the venue for anything near the full price.

Hank

May I ask what cruise line you are sailing for your 100 days?

On 6/21/2019 at 9:25 AM, mafig said:

How about those aft balcony cabins on Edge?  They have larger balconies.  

Do they just have two tiny chairs.....and a tiny table.  No footstools?  How about a lounger, which would certainly fit ….. to much to ask or hope for?

Anyone know about availability of footstools and/or tables or a possible lounger on the aft balcony cabins on Edge?  

So have the footstools been removed from CC cabins on Silhouette?  What is left of Concierge then that is truly unique?  The one time lunch?  Yipee.   I know its not much but I thought the footstools was the nicest thing about picking CC.  And of course, we are in CC this next cruise.  Ugh.

Edited by mickeysgal

On 6/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, miched said:

No key holder for AQ but they do get  beach towel service. 🙄.  Very useful in Alaska or the East coast / Canadian Cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

We received key holders in Aqua on Summit.    They are the nice leather ones.  Evidently those plastic ones have finally been replaced.  

• Like 1