Footstools in Concierge and Aqua Class ????

ipeeinthepool

It appears that Celebrity has heard the complaints about the footstools, it appears that Celebrity has eliminated them from the room descriptions.  This is one way to solve a problem.

From the website:

Concierge Class

image.thumb.png.c0abce0db0a4574206de9e3990f6eec2.png

Aqua Class

image.thumb.png.c488bfd967be810aabbd5bce98900bc7.png

So the footrests have become extinct . Written out of history!

There are no sliding doors for Concierge on EDGE. They are all IV cabins.????

Not much for AQ Class other than BLU and Persian Garden..Thermal Suite on

EDGE.

So much that is  listed is  included for all staterooms..list is fluff! Who writes and edits this junk?

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

I never noticed the line on the Aqua amenities "Premium ship location close to the spa"  and while I agree that many are close at least half of them are past the aft elevators (which are the ones we've always booked because they are under other staterooms and not the pool area) 

As mentioned by hcat majority of others are included for all staterooms....😲

• Like 1

No key holder for AQ but they do get  beach towel service. 🙄.  Very useful in Alaska or the East coast / Canadian Cruise.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

• Haha 2

I thought I read on another thread that "priority check-in" even though it I listed above has been eliminated. Which begs the question True or NOT True? For AQ Class.

Edited by ICUQT

It does say though that both CC and Aqua classes come with balcony lounge seating...do you need a footstool if you have a lounge chair?  Maybe that's why they eliminated the footstools because they replaced the regular chairs with loungers?  Or maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly...

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Previously there were chairs that reclined and footstools.

I realize that and sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, but I meant that perhaps since they've replaced the reclining chairs with loungers you no longer need a footstool since the lounger incorporates a foot rest already. 

So inconsistent.  Everyone gets beach towel service.  EVeryone gets twice daiky stateroom service.  Why make it look like that’s only for one stateroom class?

And the way it is written, there is an implication that signature friendly personalized service is only offered to AQ🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Previously there were chairs that reclined and footstools.

Last cruise on Reflection (concierge), we had one lounge CHAIR with table and one LOUNGER.  Try to enjoy b'fast using the lounger.  I'm not the tallest person so it was a ways up to the table for me...LOL.  Maybe that was a test and now the chairs will be replaced with loungers and NO table?  No mention of Concierge class  bathrobes??

Edited by oceangoer2

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So it says "Exclusive Access" to Blu under the Aqua Class description. Does that mean they are finally going to not allow suite guests to take up table space in there?

I very much doubt it. I doubt many suite guests visit often though. 

1 minute ago, Mynki said:

I very much doubt it. I doubt many suite guests visit often though. 

I've read multiple threads where Aqua Class guests were made to wait while Suite guests were seated ahead of them. And multiple threads of suite guests asking if they're allowed to go to Blu and how they go about doing it.

Allowing that - especially when Suite guests are seated ahead of Aqua guests - is not "Exclusive" access, so that wording should be changed as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I've read multiple threads where Aqua Class guests were made to wait while Suite guests were seated ahead of them. And multiple threads of suite guests asking if they're allowed to go to Blu and how they go about doing it.

Allowing that - especially when Suite guests are seated ahead of Aqua guests - is not "Exclusive" access, so that wording should be changed as well.

Don't believe everything you read on cruise critic. I've also read one claim where an alleged suite guest was enraged when he was refused entry into Blu. 

In my own personal experience and I've actually dined in Blu many times I've never seen a suite guest given priority. In the real world it operates on a space availability basis. They don't ordinarily take reservations unless you are part of a big group, then they might bend the rules a little. Pax are seated in order of them arriving unless they request a specific table. 

I've also dined in Luminae many times and actually seen Luminae guests have their requests for non suite guests joining them refused because they were not resourced for the number of suite guests dining there on a particular evening. In short, Celebrity staff do say "no" to suite guests. 

Luminae is a fair step up from Blu in both food quality and certainly service, so there's not that much incentive to dine there unless you really prefer the menu choice that evening or are wanting to dine with friends and family in there, which would require some planning with the Blu maitre 'd or suite concierge! 

2 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I realize that and sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, but I meant that perhaps since they've replaced the reclining chairs with loungers you no longer need a footstool since the lounger incorporates a foot rest already. 

The pictures show chairs not lounges

A6FEC58A-7FBE-476F-8DA6-5A009E194EA6.jpeg

Edited by Gracie115
  • Like 1

Our aft AQ cabin on Summit had two lie-flat loungers and two upright chairs that reclined a little bit, along with a small table. But it is an oversized balcony - there wouldn’t be room for the loungers on any of the port or starboard side cabins.

Notice that the Hansgrohe showers are no longer offered in AQ. There really is no “aqua” in Aquaclass, unless you count the two small bottles of water at boarding.

2 minutes ago, critterchick said:

Notice that the Hansgrohe showers are no longer offered in AQ. There really is no “aqua” in Aquaclass, unless you count the two small bottles of water at boarding.

Just so I understand, are you saying that the showers in aqua class cabins onboard  the 'revolutionised' ships are now the same as regular balconies? 

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

The pictures show chairs not lounges

A6FEC58A-7FBE-476F-8DA6-5A009E194EA6.jpeg

That little thing in the middle certainly looks like a foot stool to me. It’s not a table. Tables are larger and taller. 

• Haha 1