Observations from the Equinox Retreat

rattanchair

7 hours ago, Straughn said:

Exactly my last two experiences in Luminae. The first night, I attempted to hand my card to the sommelier. . On both cruises, they declined to take it, saying we have the necessary information on file. 

I am sure they know before the cruise starts who has a package and who hasn't. I think that they can access all that information on the computer at the front.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, jj6961 said:

Thank you so much for posting the suite pics.  Only differences I see is a Celebrity X pillow and new robe in the closet.  It’s still a great suite. Celebrity was between a rock and a hard place on the refurb.  I have wondered what Celebrity was able to do for guests who booked the non-added Reflection and Signature suites

As someone who had booked a Signature Suite I can add that we were upgraded to a Royal Suite on our cruise.  I was looking forward to the Signature but I am not going to complain about a RS (LOL).  DH concerned we will never want anything less.  I have asked several people who had booked the Reflection suite how X handled that and have only been told that it was handled appropriately and there was no disappointment in the change.  I am sure they were moved to a PH, price reduced and guessing perhaps a future booking discount or some serious OBC?

On 6/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, rattanchair said:

I got so burned up yesterday from the several hours I spent In the shade beneath those fabric striped awnings I went searching for aloe vera on  the ship, to no avail.  Got off in San Juan, and went straight ahead to the Walgreens at the end of the pier, lower floor of the Sheraton. Same prices as US.

Did you try the medical facility? On Edge I managed to fry the tops of my feet in Key West and needed Aloe badly.  For $10 the medical facility provided me with aloe and lidocaine.  Very needed 😄  Next time will not forget the sunscreen to my feet lol.  Totally my fault.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Well having the name "Retreat Sun Deck".

And that is what it is a sun deck, not a lounge.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

By the way, I've never been asked for my card in Luminae.  Perhaps they know what suite you're in or whether or not you have a drink package.

Linda you are famous and they all recognize you!! LOL!

21 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for your reports.  Loved hearing that we can get lunch on port days!  I see the baby chairs that no adults can fit in are still in Michael's.  And I think it's a shame that they eliminated the concierge's desk and the chair for someone to sit and work with him/her.  Sailing in August.

Dear Hap, Made an appointment with future cruise deck through concierge in Retreat lounge to adjust cabins of future Celebrity cruises, instead of waiting in long line for an hour. Concierge made the appointment immediately for 20 minutes hence in the Retreat Lounge.  We met and sat down on the sofa, she sat in the 'child's chair '. I then discovered I could not make any changes because my bookings are being handled by my travel agent. The concierge at the podium asked for her telephone number and immediately made a ship to shore phone call to her. No one can ask for better service anywhere!

6 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

As someone who had booked a Signature Suite I can add that we were upgraded to a Royal Suite on our cruise.  I was looking forward to the Signature but I am not going to complain about a RS (LOL).  DH concerned we will never want anything less.  I have asked several people who had booked the Reflection suite how X handled that and have only been told that it was handled appropriately and there was no disappointment in the change.  I am sure they were moved to a PH, price reduced and guessing perhaps a future booking discount or some serious OBC?

Great to hear that Celebrity did the right thing by you.  I guess I was wondering how Equinox happened to have available Royal and Penthouse suites for the next 1 1/2 years till the ship gets it completed Edgeification   I don’t expect anyone to have an answer to this though.  Perhaps offered  to a different sailing in some cases.  Enjoy your sweet suite 😃🛳

Another observation is the total waste of time trying to access the internet from our cabin or balcony. You will be knocked off and spend more time trying to log back on than anything else. I walked across the hall to the library where I have no problem typing this observation.

12 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Hap, Made an appointment with future cruise deck through concierge in Retreat lounge to adjust cabins of future Celebrity cruises, instead of waiting in long line for an hour. Concierge made the appointment immediately for 20 minutes hence in the Retreat Lounge.  We met and sat down on the sofa, she sat in the 'child's chair '. I then discovered I could not make any changes because my bookings are being handled by my travel agent. The concierge at the podium asked for her telephone number and immediately made a ship to shore phone call to her. No one can ask for better service anywhere!

The FCC must have been quite petite.  I've heard reports here of small people who said they couldn't fit in them.  Haven't experienced them yet.  August 31 will check them out.  Although I certainly am not petite!

Yes, having the FCC people come to see you in Michael's is a fantastic benefit.

11 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Another observation is the total waste of time trying to access the internet from our cabin or balcony. You will be knocked off and spend more time trying to log back on than anything else. I walked across the hall to the library where I have no problem typing this observation.

The routers were all in the hallway pre revolution so you should find it better moving towards the cabin door.

17 hours ago, rattanchair said:

Just spoke to our butler, he immediately called IT and asked to have it checked out and boosted. To let him know after lunch.  I just wished I spoke to him sooner than the last day.

8 hours ago, Snacheeze said:

Any info on the evening shows they've had? Sailing in late August and was wondering what types of shows they have. 

Same Topper, Elysium, singer Jesse Hamilton Jr (signed a full years contract), comedian Billy Garan (on tonight).

6 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

The routers were all in the hallway pre revolution so you should find it better moving towards the cabin door.

Dear Gord,  Have read many of your fine posts over the past year. I booked this cabin because of the balcony, do not particularly like the fact that I am typing this from the library, let alone sit in my room next to the cabin door. Thank you for your input.

3 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Gord,  Have read many of your fine posts over the past year. I booked this cabin because of the balcony, do not particularly like the fact that I am typing this from the library, let alone sit in my room next to the cabin door. Thank you for your input.

I know the feeling. I usually farm out my work emails several times a day when we cruise and am usually on the balcony somewhere between 6 and 6.30am trying to make contact with the outside world. Typing in the library is ok if you are in a CS, RS or PH as its just outside the door but you always feel you should be able to do it in the fresh air. I have seen me when we were in a RS having my ipad on the counter that backs on to the corridor to get a decent signal.

So much for excelarate!! 

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure a strong wifi connection on your balcony is a reasonable expectation.  Remember you are outside a large steel structure and I'm sure if they put wifi access points on the exterior of the ship they would last about 10 minutes in the salt air!

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm not sure a strong wifi connection on your balcony is a reasonable expectation.  Remember you are outside a large steel structure and I'm sure if they put wifi access points on the exterior of the ship they would last about 10 minutes in the salt air!

Dear 2,  Sounds plausible and I am not a tech guru. Could get good reception outside on the Retreat Sun Deck, but I got burnt up first day, and I was on a lounge chair in the shade waiting for the sun to rise high enough to return to my shaded balcony for the rest of the afternoon.

3 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I know the feeling. I usually farm out my work emails several times a day when we cruise and am usually on the balcony somewhere between 6 and 6.30am trying to make contact with the outside world. Typing in the library is ok if you are in a CS, RS or PH as its just outside the door but you always feel you should be able to do it in the fresh air. I have seen me when we were in a RS having my ipad on the counter that backs on to the corridor to get a decent signal.

So much for excelarate!! 

Dear Gord. I am back after lunch and out on my balcony. The wifi WORKS !!! On my first try, no less and fast too! I guess it is tip night tonight. No excuse for not tipping well.