Rollovers

spirit317

We were offered a rollover on our Baltic cruise which is next week.  My concern is that we booked a guarantee cabin.  Since they offered us two rollovers in the last week, does that mean they won’t have a cabin for us.  My husband has been packed since June 1st and is raring to get on the ship.

7 minutes ago, spirit317 said:

We were offered a rollover on our Baltic cruise which is next week.  My concern is that we booked a guarantee cabin.  Since they offered us two rollovers in the last week, does that mean they won’t have a cabin for us.  My husband has been packed since June 1st and is raring to get on the ship.

what all are they offering in the 'rollover' ?  you 'will' have a cabin on your selected ship

13 minutes ago, spirit317 said:

Moveover?

They will have a cabin regardless. 

Princess does this week in and week out.

That have it down to a science.

It was a great offer.  I wanted to take it; but husband didn’t.  The second call offered us a full refund for cruise and airfare, plus a balcony on a free cruise to wherever we chose.  They must have really oversold this cruise!

2 minutes ago, spirit317 said:

It was a great offer.  I wanted to take it; but husband didn’t.  The second call offered us a full refund for cruise and airfare, plus a balcony on a free cruise to wherever we chose.  They must have really oversold this cruise!

They do it all the time.

They can offer some great deals of which some take and some don't.

They will sweeten the deal until they get enough passengers to accept it.

It is nothing new.  😐

14 minutes ago, spirit317 said:

balcony ??? - call them back with your offer ...pre-cruise stays ...  multiple free cruises ... free first class airfare ...

... owners suites ... free specialty restaurants ... drink packages ... prepaid excursions with driver services ... ship tours ... captains dinner ... elite status on all future cruises ... unlimited butter ...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, spirit317 said:

Thank you all for putting my brain to ease.  I guess I better start packing!

You mean you are turning down a free cruise and reimbursement for your currently planned trip!? Smack some sense into your hubby! lol

3 hours ago, spirit317 said:

These offers are limited to a short period of time to respond (usually measured in hours).

Only you and your husband can assess how important this current cruise is to you and your priorities.   Several times we have had to turn down such offers because of other obligations and because of the vacation planning needed (including work).

I you are free to take the offer, it sounds really good and can lead to a really enjoyable alternative cruise.

However should you decide to take your currently booked cruise, then think no more about the offer and carry no regrets, as they will only interfere with your enjoyment.

Happy cruising! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spirit317 said:

There will be a cabin for you. Princess will raise the offer until someone takes it.

I'm on a move over right now for Oct 4 on the Royal. I took the move over in March and they gave me the same category CC Mini which at the time were sold out. I still have no cabin assignment and it shows the category is still sold out. The perk that influenced me was just a single one, going from a 7 night cruise to a 10 night cruise with the original fare given as OBC less the port fees. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm on a move over right now for Oct 4 on the Royal. I took the move over in March and they gave me the same category CC Mini which at the time were sold out. I still have no cabin assignment and it shows the category is still sold out. The perk that influenced me was just a single one, going from a 7 night cruise to a 10 night cruise with the original fare given as OBC less the port fees. 

when we took our move over from a 5 day to a 7 day, Princess also refunded as OBC the cruise 'fare' paid , not port fees, just like yours, but they also picked up the 'extra' 2 days of port fees and grats difference on the 7 day

same for you on the 7 to the 10 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Please, come back and let us know what cabin you got.  Just wondering if you are still guarantee whether influences what cabin gets assigned for the better or the worse.  Enjoy your cruise.

They cannot assign cabins to the GTY bookings until they find out which ones are freed up from those who accept Moveovers.

Our friends were offered a MO on our June 1 Regal trip, but we were not.  We were in different cabin categories.  Not sure if that affected it.  We were already in Europe pre-cruise, doing some other travelling and I had entered our flight plan in Cruise Personalizer as Brussels to Copenhagen, so perhaps we were bypassed, with Princess realizing we were unlikely to accept. 

Some day, I wish an offer would come in the right situation, because it is hard to beat a free cruise, including airfare!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

when we took our move over from a 5 day to a 7 day, Princess also refunded as OBC the cruise 'fare' paid , not port fees, just like yours, but they also picked up the 'extra' 2 days of port fees and grats difference on the 7 day

same for you on the 7 to the 10 ?

We were on the 3 for free promo so the gratuity was carried over as was the OBC from the promo. They did not charge us the difference in port fees. We were restricted to leaving or coming back to a US port since our 7 night was a round trip from a US port. I should have asked them to throw in a specialty reataurant but didn't, but with Club Class we are happy with the dining arrangements. 

I wonder if they will need to offer a move over to someone in a cc mini for me since it's been booked out for months. That would be a real revenue buster for Princess. 

Of interest was the first offer . They asked if we'd move down to a Balcony with the fare refunded as refundable OBC and I said i had to have Club class dining to which so they did the move over offer. 

Edited by cruzsnooze
typo
  • Thanks 1