Error in Deluxe Beverage package pricing?

38 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We get free drinks in the Diamond lounge and don't buy the packages - didn't miss out on anything.  But it's amusing to read the posts from all the people begging and praying and hoping they get something for nothing.

Something for nothing?  No, something for $18/day, the advertised price.  They should absolutely honor this.  In recent years, certain airlines have published "mistake fares" and in some cases honored them.  It's called good business and PR.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No matter how many times you say that, it is not a true statement.  NCL charges you the service charge of $138.60 when you get their drink package for "free".  If you purchase a drink package, it is $99/day.

Again, NO ONE buys it at that price since it is cheaper to book a 2nd room.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The lost revenue will be made up some where. 

Maybe the poor (former?) employee who changed the Deluxe price instead of the Refreshment price?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dixie1337 said:

Jealous of all the lucky people that scored this deal!  Enjoy your drinks 🙂

Labadee with the drink package should make for a good day. Fortunately the ship is big and easy to find. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Still bummed we didn't have a 2020 cruise on the books yet to try and snag this deal too 🙂

It really seems too that while a good # who booked the deal recognized the deal because it was so cheap, I expect also a good number would never have booked the DBP at "prevailing rates" and won't really cost Royal any money.  Now I'm just hopeful the "prevailing rates" still go as low as the $4Xs and I'll try to still find that a bargain when I book 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rinderoo said:

I think I will be a really, really, good tipper that week.  😉 

That's a very good point. Not going to start a tipping debate, but I do feel it would be good form to tip bartenders a bit extra if you benefited from this deal. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

That's a very good point. Not going to start a tipping debate, but I do feel it would be good form to tip bartenders a bit extra if you benefited from this deal. 

True, because their tip pool will be smaller because of the lower price.  Perhaps RC will make that up for the crew.

Now that that's resolved, I'm a bit curious if they'll release the numbers to share holders. I'd be interested in knowing just how many people got this. Doubt if their SEC disclosures will be that explicit though

Edited by awestover89
  • Like 1

Now maybe Royal can recoupe by offering me a full suite at a real good price, but I would lose the drink package.  I'll take that deal as long as I get my double points! 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

True, because their tip pool will be smaller because of the lower price.  Perhaps RC will make that up for the crew.

Enough with this crazy talk. 🙄🤣

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Yeah... someone, somewhere, is going to have to "pay" for that error. Might as well hand out some cash with those cheap drinks. I have friends who bought the package because it was less than the soda. I barely hit the breakeven point with a RCI beverage package, but I have to buy it because the person with whom I travel likes her cocktails, lol. 

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

Now that that's resolved, I'm a bit curious if they'll release the numbers to share holders. I'd be interested in knowing just how many people got this. Doubt if they're SEC disclosures will be that explicit though

I am also very curious.  I know of 5 people offhand that took advantage of this, and each of them was able to do it on multiple cruises.

Cruising with my daughter next year.  I am diamond (get enough free drinks to make me happy), she is not.  She buys the drink package which requires me to buy it... harumph.  I buy it and don't complain because I know people take advantage of the system.

When this deal of the millenium appeared I jumped on it and am so excited that "in effect' I won't have to buy the drink package next year.  I figure that over the past few years, RCI and I are now about even!  😉

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We get free drinks in the Diamond lounge and don't buy the packages - didn't miss out on anything.  But it's amusing to read the posts from all the people begging and praying and hoping they get something for nothing.

Like I said earlier,  not really for nothing. Cost me almost $700 for one and around $250 each for the other two.

I'm like you, lounge generally works with a few supplements outside loung hours or area.  

8 minutes ago, Rinderoo said:

I think I will be a really, really, good tipper that week.  😉 

Ditto. We are always very generous to the wait staff. We will remember this on 3/15/20. 🙂

Now, if I could just get my email...... 😉

• Like 1