Vista power loss

jimbo5544

3 minutes ago, modes said:

Wrong again only part of the ship lost power.

Maybe at the time of the brand ambassador’s post. His post only referenced one loss of power when there have actually been several. Somebody did state there was a total blackout at one point...

5 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

Exactly

According to someone actually onboard who isn’t a company representative trying to protect a company’s image, there was more than one power outage. Heald’s post only referenced the extended outage that only resulted in a loss of power to 2/3 of the ship. There may have been a total blackout during an earlier outage as reported by others onboard the ship.

65CD2108-89D4-473E-9245-06AA2B608B62.jpeg

1 minute ago, xDisconnections said:

According to someone actually onboard who isn’t a company representative trying to protect a company’s image, there was more than one power outage. Heald’s post only referenced the extended outage that only resulted in a loss of power to 2/3 of the ship. There may have been a total blackout during an earlier outage as reported by others onboard the ship.

As usual, Carnival is covering up stuff...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

D568B296-FC91-4316-B2C8-59DE33EDE3DA.jpeg

Actually the itinerary is Cozumel and Costa Maya with five sea days. It was altered from the original three ports when the departure was delayed from 6/29. 

Ship it is at sea today through Thursday. Friday is CM, Cozumel Saturday. Two more sea days follow and a return to Galveston a week from today (Tuesday)

26 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Where is that from? 

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

You won't ever see me praise or defend JH because I think...well, I won't say what I think because it upsets some people. With that said, if any given passenger reports a "total blackout," I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. It could easily be exaggerated since no one passenger knows everything that's happening across a 1,000+ ft. long ship from where they're standing.

First the Azipods, now this. That ship can't seem to catch a break.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You won't ever see me praise or defend JH because I think...well, I won't say what I think because it upsets some people. With that said, if any given passenger reports a "total blackout," I'd take it with a huge grain of salt. It could easily be exaggerated since no one passenger knows everything that's happening across a 1,000+ ft. long ship from where they're standing.

“may have been” 😉

Edited by xDisconnections

9 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

Who made the Vista?  Was it the Germans or the Italians?  I hope the same clowns are not making the lng  ship (Mardi Gras).  Scary.  

It has nothing to do with the shipyards. ABB, the azipod manufacture gave Carnival free azipod units when the QM2 had azipod malfunctions so that Carnival would remain a customer. 

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Anyone know what the itinerary of this cruise is?

50 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

She was in Montego Bay today, Grand Cayman tomorrow then back to Galveston.  EM

Actually, the itinerary was changed for this sailing. Vista left Galveston yesterday, with three straight sea days, Costa Maya on Friday, Cozumel on Saturday, then two more sea days, arriving back to Galveston on Tuesday.

6 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

Who made the Vista?  Was it the Germans or the Italians?  I hope the same clowns are not making the lng  ship (Mardi Gras).  Scary.  

Ship was built in Italy, not sure what that has to do with it.....  

16 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I'm glad all passengers and crew are safe and sound.  I have long admired the capability exhibited by Carnival's crew in responding to emergencies and unusual situations.

Well said

6 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I wonder whether the issues are related: azipods are powered by electricity, not direct drive from an engine.  They might have to run the power differently to the azipods based on whatever the malfunction with them happens to be, and maybe that affected the power generation and/or distribution for the rest of the ship.

We'll probably never know, unfortunately.

The Vista has, I believe, 7 engines that generate electricity (6 in the engine room, 1 up high). I can't imagine a complete blackout happening, unless it is for a few seconds until the transfer switches activate and more engines come online.

26 minutes ago, NebraskaSatellite said:

Here's a graph of the Vista's speed over the past 24 hours, showing a drop to less than 2 knots around 0140 UTC (8:40 pm CDT).

image.png.f079c49274d7bd440ddc085c6ab77eb9.png

Makes sense, she looked pretty dead in the water from the videos that were posted.  

People who are onboard at the moment were pasting our our FB site that all is well, no one was suffering, yes AC & Lights were out for a bit in the front half of the ship, but there was no mass panic or anger boiling over at Guest Services as some had reported... They also said that the power in the front of the ship was out in total for about an hour- the aft never lost power.