RC changed my room

13 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

V E R Y

A royal rep doesn't represent me. But I initiate a TA to represent me. He/She should know more.....

And if the TA does not represent you properly, you switch to one that does.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 8:19 AM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

That makes one wonder if they have certain customer accounts flagged in their system as "chronic complainers"..."problem customers"...

Kinda like posters who practically spend all their time posting complaining about things...and wear that distinction as some kind of misguided "badge of honor".

The OP lesson learned is to get things confirmed in writing (and read any fine print)...it makes it nearly impossible to dispute if/when there's a problem.

I don't think they would do that under GDPR. Even though that only really is for folks living in the EU my company still had to do a major overhaul to our information security systems globally to make sure we were in compliance even though we're not in the EU (but we deal with EU customers so...). Anyway they'd be in big trouble if a person requested to see everything the company had on them and they read that they labelled them a chronic complainer or problem customer. Wouldn't be a good look for them

Many have stated this change is probably because of category changes Oasis is undertaking. Sorry if someone booked cabin 1234 for $$$$ Royal Caribbean should honor it not play cabin shuffle! Very poor customer consideration. I know we put a lot of thought into the cabins we choose on a cruise. I never even wanted free upgrades (back in day) for fear it land our cabin in location we didn’t want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beachammo said:

V E R Y

A royal rep doesn't represent me. But I initiate a TA to represent me. He/She should know more.....

Than the actual people that work there? Give me a break. TA's are good but they certainly are not experts on every cruiseline

25 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Than the actual people that work there? Give me a break. TA's are good but they certainly are not experts on every cruiseline

If my job was placing clients on cruiselines.....i would be an expert on every ship and each corporate policy. I would know the best excursions for each port and who to contact. Most good TAs have been on many ships.....most Royal reps have not.

I would want a TA that has some backdoor connections that can get something done that I wouldn't be able to do if the booking resided with me. Those are very rare.....

I'm guessing the days are numbered for highly knowledgeable TAs with the big boxes dominating the market with employees (Sudo TAs) just punching in reservations.

• Like 1

Update.

After spending more than an hour on the phone with Royal today I can let you know the outcome in my situation.  

I had had two clients reservations that were changed from an 8D to a 3D guarantee.  Finally got a hold of someone in revenue involved in this project and was told (at least for my clients cabins) that the move to a 3D guarantee was temporary as they changed cabin categories.  Apparently  there cannot be guests  in the cabin for them to change categories so they need to move people out before moving them back. I was assured that my clients would be moved back to their original booked staterooms and was told yes.  When I asked for this in writing they provided it to me in writing.  Hopefully many others fall under this scenario and will not be moved. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

If my job was placing clients on cruiselines.....i would be an expert on every ship and each corporate policy. I would know the best excursions for each port and who to contact. Most good TAs have been on many ships.....most Royal reps have not.

I would want a TA that has some backdoor connections that can get something done that I wouldn't be able to do if the booking resided with me. Those are very rare.....

I'm guessing the days are numbered for highly knowledgeable TAs with the big boxes dominating the market with employees (Sudo TAs) just punching in reservations.

you aren't, no one is. Do you know how many ships in the world there are. You are not realistic

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Update.

After spending more than an hour on the phone with Royal today I can let you know the outcome in my situation.  

I had had two clients reservations that were changed from an 8D to a 3D guarantee.  Finally got a hold of someone in revenue involved in this project and was told (at least for my clients cabins) that the move to a 3D guarantee was temporary as they changed cabin categories.  Apparently  there cannot be guests  in the cabin for them to change categories so they need to move people out before moving them back. I was assured that my clients would be moved back to their original booked staterooms and was told yes.  When I asked for this in writing they provided it to me in writing.  Hopefully many others fall under this scenario and will not be moved. 

Good to know Ken, thanks.

2 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser32 said:

I don't think they would do that under GDPR. Even though that only really is for folks living in the EU my company still had to do a major overhaul to our information security systems globally to make sure we were in compliance even though we're not in the EU (but we deal with EU customers so...). Anyway they'd be in big trouble if a person requested to see everything the company had on them and they read that they labelled them a chronic complainer or problem customer. Wouldn't be a good look for them

You'd need much more than a request to get that information...likely a subpoena.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Update.

Excellent. Congratulations.

6 hours ago, PlanetX said:

That may be, but gate agents flat-out lie as well. I was on a Delta flight DCA-ATL-STT once, a 757 on both legs.  
Moral of the story is, don't trust gate agents when they try to sell you on a story.  Use your head, and challenge them (politely) if necessary.

Having flown to 5 continents, all 50 states, and more than 2 million miles (with multiple airlines)..my experience has been nothing even remotely close to yours.  Any misinformation you may hear at a gate is likely the result of misinformation they are provided to communicate to passengers...they are the messengers when delays / major changes occur.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Update.

Thanks so much for this. I’m hoping my travel agent was misinformed by the Royal rep she spoke with and this applies to us as well. 

12 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

Thanks so much for this. I’m hoping my travel agent was misinformed by the Royal rep she spoke with and this applies to us as well. 

Were you moved into a 3D?  If so I think the chances are good that you will be fine.  

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Were you moved into a 3D?  If so I think the chances are good that you will be fine.  

I’m not sure. It just says GTY on the reservation when I log in. I was previously booked into an 8D like your clients though. 

26 minutes ago, StolidCruiser said:

How many TA's do you think know everything about all of them?

I'm sure if it was your job, you would be the only one.  

90% of your bookings would be with 10% of those ships. 

Everything else could be researched pretty quickly and that research could be within reach forever after.

37 minutes ago, Techie_Chick said:

I’m not sure. It just says GTY on the reservation when I log in. I was previously booked into an 8D like your clients though. 

Someone on our roll call for our December cruise posted there that he received the same response as I did when he talked to Royal today. 

16 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Sadly equipment changes - especially last-minute substitutions happen with many airlines.

That always causes havoc with pre-assigned seats for numerous passengers. It happens more often than people realize.

One a new aircraft is put in play...there is a limited and convoluted process to get people in seats similar to (but not often the same as) the original airplane.

Yes, but most airlines take care of elite level frequent flyers to get them into the same seat (window or aisle), not relegating them to a last row middle seat.

As I found out, Turkish Air does NOT do this.

16 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Understand. Fly at dozens flights a year. Last 7yrs I've book at least 6-12 months out on US Carrier Delta. Every yr they have changed my Flight, time, or the plane/equipment and loose my reserved seat. This yr have 2 times so far for my Oct flight. At least cost to Fly is tons cheaper then when I first did decades ago.

My experience with Delta is, they may change things, but they do take care of their frequent flyers.  I never end up changed to a middle seat with them.  

I did have a case where my first flight was going to leave late, making my miss my connection.  They rebooked me a different routing, and got me a window or aisle on the two new flights.

7 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

You'd need much more than a request to get that information...likely a subpoena.

Not in the EU! 👍

The EU has much superior data protection than the Americas.... many corporations shifting their data to the EU as they do not want them compromised by the NSA and the like! 👍 🙃

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Yes, but most airlines take care of elite level frequent flyers to get them into the same seat (window or aisle), not relegating them to a last row middle seat.

As I found out, Turkish Air does NOT do this.

Once you get outside the U.S....air travel is an entirely different experience. There are plenty of anecdotal tales of how passengers become treated differently, regardless of status. Sometimes better, sometimes not.

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not in the EU! 👍

The EU has much superior data protection than the Americas.... many corporations shifting their data to the EU as they do not want them compromised by the NSA and the like! 👍 🙃

How special. The EU also does many other things quite differently when it comes to regulations. It doesn't necessarily make them better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Not in the EU! 👍

So you hope.  No data is secure in today's environment.

• Like 1