Reykjavik to London 11July - 25 July 2019

1 hour ago, texasatty said:

We just landed in Reykjavik for our own pre-cruise tour of Iceland. It is rainy and cold today in Reykjavik but we donned our rain gear and headed out for some sight seeing

45EDFEA1-5DE1-40A8-9A3B-4810673E33BA.jpeg

Have a great time!  Hope the weather clears. 

We loved Iceland.  We were there last year and it was cold and damp.  The people are wonderful and the scenery is breathtaking.  Try to get out to the countryside where you can walk on, and between, the fjords.  We were able to get lots of day trips from very close to our hotel (Canopy).  Also, have a great cruise.  We look forward to your live thread.

Your beautiful pictures of Iceland brought back memories of my travels there 25 years ago (on government business).  The cathedral is particularly beautiful and unlike any other I'd ever seen.  As I recall, there is (was) a statute of Leif Erikson standing in a plaza in front of the church?  The water was so clear, pure, and pollution-free that you could look down from the pier into it and see huge fish (salmon?) swimming about.  Regards

5 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

Your beautiful pictures of Iceland brought back memories of my travels there 25 years ago (on government business).  The cathedral is particularly beautiful and unlike any other I'd ever seen.  As I recall, there is (was) a statute of Leif Erikson standing in a plaza in front of the church?  The water was so clear, pure, and pollution-free that you could look down from the pier into it and see huge fish (salmon?) swimming about.  Regards

Yes, the statue is Leif Erickson...monumental in size

6 hours ago, bamadad said:

My son and I will be joining you on this adventure.  We arrive in Iceland early Wednesday morning.  We look forward to meeting you onboard.

I’ll be the guy with the good looking wife 😂

8 hours ago, texasatty said:

I’ll confess to not knowing how to post photos with descriptions that accompany each....

texasatty,

your posts are just fine as they are, no need to change anything.  However, if you are interested in how to do posts with descriptions, email me at boblerm108 at gmail dot com, I'd be happy to tell you how.

I am enjoying your posts and pics, wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Bob

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:51 AM, Travelcat2 said:

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.  Hard to believe that there is graffiti everywhere in the world.  

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.  Hard to believe that there is graffiti everywhere in the world.  

There is actually some really cool and beautiful graffiti and murals on abandoned warehouses, in Reykjavik. We were there 8 months ago.  The pictured one was not one of the best.  We had fun driving around and getting photos.

Looking forward to this live thread! All live threads are wonderful to enjoy but since Iceland is one of the places I want to see most in the world, all the better. Enjoy every moment of your trip and I am excited to get this glimpse of Iceland.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a nice Happy Hour in Reykyavik before embarking, the Canopy by Hilton CIty Centre was a wonderful place to enjoy a drink or two and then head out for dinner. We dined at a lovely French restaurant up the street where they had the best mussels ever.  Not sure if this is would be on your list of to dos but it was fantastic.  

Also so look for lava bracelets down by the waterfront.

Hope you will post along the way.  This is a wonderful itinerary and we are sure that you will have a spectacular time.  

• Like 1

Yesterday we explored the Reykjanes Peninsula and stopped off at the Blue Lagoonbefore heading back to Reykjavik. Tonight is our last night in town before exploring a bit in the countryside. Though the landscape is desolate it is also strangely beautiful. Sorry for not posting recently but weak WiFi is the culprit

8F305817-0BBC-404E-A952-C698A21F1E43.jpeg

65151313-D0C8-4C15-BB8F-E51D8D810467.jpeg

5A2C17B6-0685-4466-884C-316864125E41.jpeg

51B9356A-77FD-4793-B517-A90C26EB9C78.jpeg

747EFF08-E2E9-4165-BC2D-9AFCC29FD1E5.jpeg

F474DB95-634B-4FEF-9B17-D5F420D52825.jpeg

• Like 2

After four days of adventure tours on the south coast of Iceland we drove back to Reykjavik from the Glacier Lagoon yesterday and boarded the Navigator this afternoon. We’ve dispensed with the safety talk and unpacking and now the Boss is getting ready for dinner in Compass Rose. Here are a few photos from our last few days here. 

We we hiked to and explored many of the beautiful waterfalls, rode Icelandic ponies, took a glacier hike and cruised the Glacier Lagoon in a Zodiac Boat.  

7427D483-9A52-4F03-A76E-9D3BE3D2B6C3.jpeg

676689CB-4E5D-4CEF-9C1C-1E909DF23A71.jpeg

BC5D0EC8-DC81-4B44-A1FC-5665D09F5983.jpeg

C5EE9E2F-2A54-4E8A-86D2-A8404125B4F2.jpeg