Lunch menu in MDR on sea days

My son and I have been looking at the menus on the RC app for about three months getting ready for our trip this month. :)  

I was wondering if the menu for lunch on the Allure in the MDR is the same each sea day?  We are only seeing one menu for lunch on one sea day. I am assuming that they will be open on the other sea days as well.   Do they change the menu for lunch?

Thanks!

Thanks Clarea!  I hope they update the app soon.  Half of the joy for my son is to look at the menus.  It keeps me on track.  I diet before I go so that I can eat like a crazy person and not worry.  

Voyager70, I have read a little about the tutti salad bar.  What makes is special or is it just a salad bar?

11 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

...  I have read a little about the tutti salad bar.  What makes is special or is it just a salad bar?

It's is an excellent salad bar with many ingredients to choose from.  You just tell the crewmember what you want, they put it in a bowl and at then end, they chop it up (if you like). 

View from above:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1930468-mdr-lunch-attire/?tab=comments#comment-40804139

That sounds good to me!  

I don't know how we are going to fit all the food we want to eat in!  We have been on Adventure twice, but never Allure.  My son and I have looked at all the options and decided on sea days we would have donuts and skip breakfast in the MDR (we like being served in the restaurant) to save room for lunch.  Last time on the Adventure, we were so full all the time and forced ourselves to eat lunch even though we were still full from breakfast.  We just wanted to taste it all!  With all the food options, we are planning our daily food excursions carefully.  lol!

I am not sure that the printed dining room menu changes daily.  I do believe though that the buffet items in the MDR do change.  Along with the Tutti salad, there is always some kind of pasta and some other main course type items.

The desserts also change, but there are some that are standard items.  I like having lunch in the MDR, but I don't order from the menu.  I just walk around and see what else is available.

9 hours ago, jp2746 said:

Thanks Clarea!  I hope they update the app soon.  Half of the joy for my son is to look at the menus.  It keeps me on track.  I diet before I go so that I can eat like a crazy person and not worry.  

Voyager70, I have read a little about the tutti salad bar.  What makes is special or is it just a salad bar?

Just be aware that the app won't be fully updated until you are onboard. 

The Turkish Chicken Wrap and Vegetarian Empanada are two of my favorite items from RCI's MDR. The Tutti Salad Bar is also pretty great, but I actually enjoyed those two menu items even more... plus on Oasis I could get a similar made-to-order salad even on port days at the Park Cafe (yeah, I know it's not as many options, but it's still a lot to choose from).

20 hours ago, voyager70 said:

And don't forget the tutti salad bar.  Yum!

6 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Can’t wait for a tutti salad on Allure in 18 days (first sea day).  It’s my favorite food on any and every RCI Cruise. 

I'm a night owl and usually don't turn in until 4am (or later).  I absolutely ADORE Tutti Salad and I make sure to set an alarm so I can have it for "breakfast" on sea days!  

• Like 2

I love being seated at a table in the MDR, going to the Tutti Salad Bar, and returning with my salad while my already-seated tablemates are still waiting to have the server take their lunch orders.

I eat and enjoy my salad, say goodbye to the table, and they are often still waiting to be served.

😎

• Like 1

We were on the Adventure of the Seas last month....our first Royal Caribbean cruise. I had heard about the Tutti salad on Cruise Critic. We enjoyed it immensely. 

I don’t understand why mashing together  the ingredients that I had chosen, tasted so good. 

19 minutes ago, Pattyhoo said:

We were on the Adventure of the Seas last month....our first Royal Caribbean cruise. I had heard about the Tutti salad on Cruise Critic. We enjoyed it immensely. 

I don’t understand why mashing together  the ingredients that I had chosen, tasted so good. 

I know right?  I could mix up the same items myself at home and it would never taste as good.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I love being seated at a table in the MDR, going to the Tutti Salad Bar, and returning with my salad while my already-seated tablemates are still waiting to have the server take their lunch orders.

I eat and enjoy my salad, say goodbye to the table, and they are often still waiting to be served.

😎

I sometimes tell the host that I'm just gonna smash a salad and I brought my Kindle, if they wanna seat me alone, I'm fine with that.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't -- as long as I get my Tutti salad, I'm a happy camper!

On 7/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, cb at sea said:

It's just a salad bar....but you can get all sorts of stuff in it.

Just a salad bar? The tutti salad bar is the reason why I sail on Royal. They toss your self-created salad and its so large that its hard to finish it. I always go for a hot entree and dessert too only because I can.   The  salad bar is so bountiful and you can add things like cheeses , vegetables, proprieties etc. Its the reason why I 'm at the MDR every sea day exactly at noon! 

2 hours ago, travelplus said:

Just a salad bar? The tutti salad bar is the reason why I sail on Royal. They toss your self-created salad and its so large that its hard to finish it. I always go for a hot entree and dessert too only because I can.   The  salad bar is so bountiful and you can add things like cheeses , vegetables, proprieties etc. Its the reason why I 'm at the MDR every sea day exactly at noon! 

Aren't the same ingredients in the Windjammer and you can do it yourself or does the tutti have special items not available in other venues?

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Aren't the same ingredients in the Windjammer and you can do it yourself or does the tutti have special items not available in other venues?

I think the Tutti has more items to choose from, and the chopping at the end is a plus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I think the Tutti has more items to choose from, and the chopping at the end is a plus.

Agree, and I think it's a combination of the chopping and mixing that make it so good!

On 7/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, voyager70 said:

And don't forget the tutti salad bar.  Yum!

I had a nice freshly made stir fry for lunch in MDR, you chose what you want and they cook it there and then

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

I sometimes tell the host that I'm just gonna smash a salad and I brought my Kindle, if they wanna seat me alone, I'm fine with that.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't -- as long as I get my Tutti salad, I'm a happy camper!

13 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Agree, and I think it's a combination of the chopping and mixing that make it so good!

Best of both worlds: Yummy tutti salad and a good book!

i never thought of asking for a solo table in the MDR for lunch but you’ve inspired me!🤗

• Like 1