“Amplification” of the Allure of the Seas

19 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

nope... i'm right there with you.  Loved the far aft balcony cabins on Boardwalk before... now, the giant purple mess is in the way.  

So, how far aft do you have to go to be considered a premium view? The last 4-5 stacks? If so, my math says that affects about 120 passengers.  Somewhere around 2% of 6000 passengers 

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, how far aft do you have to go to be considered a premium view? The last 4-5 stacks? If so, my math says that affects about 120 passengers.  Somewhere around 2% of 6000 passengers 

Last time we were on Oasis, we were in the second to the last boardwalk balcony starboard side (727).  It was a wonderful view of the wake and great view of the Aquatheater.  We could watch the shows and the movies from our balcony, easily.  When I booked Allure for next year, I initially booked that same cabin but then realized it was post Amplification drydock, and the view would be partially impacted by the purple monster.  Looked up pics on the web of the same cabin on the newer sister ships and sure enough, that purple monstrosity is blocking much of the view.  If it's affecting cabins that far back, it must almost completely obstruct the rest of the aft cabins on the boardwalk.  I guess the only premium views post-amplification would be the aqua theater suites.  Maybe some don't mind those slides -- I didn't want to look at them though.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Last time we were on Oasis, we were in the second to the last boardwalk balcony starboard side (727).  It was a wonderful view of the wake and great view of the Aquatheater.  We could watch the shows and the movies from our balcony, easily.  When I booked Allure for next year, I initially booked that same cabin but then realized it was post Amplification drydock, and the view would be partially impacted by the purple monster.  Looked up pics on the web of the same cabin on the newer sister ships and sure enough, that purple monstrosity is blocking much of the view.  If it's affecting cabins that far back, it must almost completely obstruct the rest of the aft cabins on the boardwalk.  I guess the only premium views post-amplification would be the aqua theater suites.  Maybe some don't mind those slides -- I didn't want to look at them though.  

I guess you could look at Harmony or Symphony and see how well BW balconies are selling.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess you could look at Harmony or Symphony and see how well BW balconies are selling.

We switched to Central Park for the next one.  Allure, post drydock.  Staying in one of the double-sized balcony cabins.  I know CP can be hot -- but we do love that area of the ship.  And in November, shouldn't be as humid.  We're not in the room much during the day anyway, and i think it'll be nice in the evening to sit on the balcony and hear the music w/ the lights in the trees.  Peaceful.  

10 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

We switched to Central Park for the next one.  Allure, post drydock.  Staying in one of the double-sized balcony cabins.  I know CP can be hot -- but we do love that area of the ship.  And in November, shouldn't be as humid.  We're not in the room much during the day anyway, and i think it'll be nice in the evening to sit on the balcony and hear the music w/ the lights in the trees.  Peaceful.  

We had one on Deck 12. Sat out one night when it was raining. As I recall, the rain doesn't blow in like it does on an ocean balcony 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Hopefully!

we always cruise in November -- have for years.  It's after hurricane season, less kids (hope that doesn't offend anyone), and great prices typically.   It's still warm for sure - but bearable.  I love the Caribbean, but the humidity kills me.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It affects anyone who may be on the sports deck, near El Loco Fresh maybe, and wants to see the aft view. We have casually watched the aqua show from that spot. Great views straight back. But no longer. Also takes away some very nice spots by the wipe out bar where the entrance is. Not just the boardwalk balcony cabin view, although that is certainly affected. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

we always cruise in November -- have for years.  It's after hurricane season, less kids (hope that doesn't offend anyone), and great prices typically.   It's still warm for sure - but bearable.  I love the Caribbean, but the humidity kills me.  

Same here, if I stay outside for very long, it's shower time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You should try living down here

Ugh.. yeah. My life in May through September is going from A/C to A/C as fast as possible.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you saying that you like the Ultimate Abyss, and do not think that it is an eye sore?

9 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Ugh.. yeah. My life in May through September is going from A/C to A/C as fast as possible.

Are you saying that you like the Ultimate Abyss, and do not think that it is an eye sore?

Yes, we both enjoyed it. I think it looks striking at night all lit up.  It also looks better from a distance than the add on water slides on Adventure, Liberty, etc.

20180928_224059.thumb.jpg.587b194d10801b19c345bb8036d9e952.jpg

I do agree that it does impact the view from say the Diamond Lounge, but those windows sucked anyway.

I've only been on Harmony twice, but I can't say it impacted my view from the sports deck.

20180924_133835.thumb.jpg.3c4bbd886530a8a50b17ba7ce22cec53.jpg

20180923_205531.thumb.jpg.e142bdd6901b1c8898731574fb95f8d5.jpg

20180923_205447.thumb.jpg.661d2af4f1da7b9c2957384cdef13cd6.jpg

But that's just my opinion, I see all the ocean I care to every day

20190421_133216.thumb.jpg.13ab10c1bf19403ce08d83737c41a039.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Yes, we both enjoyed it. I think it looks striking at night all lit up.  It also looks better from a distance than the add on water slides on Adventure, Liberty, etc.

I do agree that it does impact the view from say the Diamond Lounge, but those windows sucked anyway.

I've only been on Harmony twice, but I can't say it impacted my view from the sports deck.

But that's just my opinion, I see all the ocean I care to every day

Fair enough. I was just curious.

1 hour ago, Sherri914 said:

I've got 9329 booked post dry dock (Dec 2020). That is the last set of cabins before the rock climbing wall. I'm really, really really hoping my aft view won't be severely impacted.  I know I'll be able to see it (the purple monster) of course but I'm hoping to be able to sit on my deck and watch the show in the Aquatheatre without to much obstruction.

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Judging from the pics John posted, it seems the curtain/shades behind the Aqua-theater obstruct more of wake view than the Purple monster.

So long as you only want to see half of the show.... 🤷‍♀️

1A81D80C-68DB-4EF6-9DCB-C7FCDACCC676.jpeg

Edited by little britain

13 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:
13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/things-to-do

Scroll down to All Bars and Lounges, then scroll to the right.

Those are the current deck plans, not the new ones. Even when you change the date it is still the current ones.

Ah, I see. So it shows all of the current restaurants/bars, plus new restaurants/bars that will be there in the future Post-Amp but not there currently as well as restaurants/bars that will be eliminated Post-amp

Great job Royal.  Can't wait for the first angry rant from someone claiming they were mislead by Royals website when they discover their favorite hang out spot was eliminated or some new restaurant does not yet exist.

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

So long as you only want to see half of the show.... 🤷‍♀️

Yikes!

Hopefully you don't hear people screaming as they go down the tube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

From your pics, you're right -- it does look really good lit up!   Not the view I want from my balcony on the ship, but it does actually fit in well with the atmosphere of the boardwalk.  I'll never use it though -- just the thought of getting in that tube makes me almost hyperventilate.  Severe claustrophobia.  An elevator is as much of an enclosed space as I can take.  I even shower with the shower tube door open on the ship.  😂

PS -- Your ocean view is gorgeous! 

• Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean revealed the innovative experiences coming to its renowned Oasis-class ship Allure of the Seas as part of a 58-day, US$165-million transformation.

Passengers will be able to conquer Europe's worth of adventures with Allure's upcoming new features, including The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, the Ultimate Abyss tallest slide at sea, redesigned Adventure Ocean kids and teens spaces, Quantum Class original Music Hall, and the first Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar.

Allure of the Seas will open her season of 7-night Western Mediterranean voyages from homeport Barcelona on May 10, 2020.

The Pool and Sports Zone neighbourhood will now tout the best family day out with feature highlights including:

• The tallest slide at sea, 10-story Ultimate Abyss.
  • The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Typhoon, Cyclone and Supercell.
  • The reimagined pool deck, complete with a signature bar, The Lime & Coconut, across 2 locations, a wider variety of shade and seating with cabana-like "casitas," hammocks, swing seats, and daybeds; new whirlpools on the top deck, as well as a reinvigorated, adult-only Solarium.
  • Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, with a Splash Pad for tots, twin drench buckets, 3 waterslides, pools, fountains, and water cannons.

Expanding on the ways families spend time together are the additions of completely reimagined spaces for babies, kids and teens, as well as popular RCI activities:

• New Adventure Ocean, where kids can choose their own adventures across a new layout. The makeover brings to life interactive and personalized activities and features in areas like The Arena for friendly competition in interactive games; The Play Place with whimsical rooms featuring climbable creations; The Workshop for science, tech fun, and hands-on art; the Hangout, to try gaming consoles; AO Babies for babies and tots, as well as experiential activities at the AO Junior space designed for 3- to 5-year-olds.
  • Glow-in-the-dark laser tag in Clash for Crystal City & Royal Escape Room – Apollo 18: Lunar Landing, an expedition that challenges travellers to solve puzzle after puzzle.
  • Maxed-out teens' spaces, debuting a 360-degree transformation, featuring a secret entrance that is leading into a lounge with gaming consoles, movies, music, places to hang out, and a new outdoor deck.

Allure of the Seas will deliver new culinary possibilities with even more restaurants, bars, and casual spots joining the diverse offering of complimentary and speciality options:

• Giovanni's Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar featuring family-style, rustic dining experience and an enhanced menu of Italian staples, as well as a wide selection of limoncellos and wines
  • Portside BBQ with a menu inspired by barbecue styles across the US, such as brisket, chicken, pulled pork, burnt ends, mac & cheese, homestyle cornbread
  • Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade with big-screen TVs and ice-cold brews
  • El Loco Fresh, offering Mexican "street fare"
  • Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr, manned by a couple of robot bartenders
  • Sugar Beach, the sweetest spot onboard with over 220 types of ice cream and candy.

New venues added to Allure's nightlife on board include:

• A dedicated karaoke bar, Spotlight Karaoke, with both private room and main stage experiences, that will feature music trivia, themed nights, and a wealth of songs to choose from.
  • A Quantum Class favourite, Music Hall, that will take live music to a new level via cover bands and revolving setlists, ample lounge seating on 2 levels and room to rock out.

Allure Of The Seas cruise ship

Beginning in May 2020, Allure of the Seas' week-long Western Mediterranean voyages sailing roundtrip from Barcelona will visit Palma de Mallorca, Provence (Marseille), Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Naples/Capri, and Rome (Civitavecchia).

Allure of the Seas joins Oasis of the Seas as the 2nd Oasis-class ship to be reimagined in the US$1 billion Royal Amplified modernization program. 

In November 2020, Allure is due to make her way coast to coast to Miami FL for the winter season. The reimagined ship will be sailing from Royal Caribbean's state-of-the-art Terminal A to offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, many of which include visits to the line's new private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay.