Website?

Greetings all.  Long time cruiser, first time booked on Princess.

So, does their website suck?  I'm just trying to log in and review and manage my booking and it's sooooo sloooooooooow.  More often than not, it doesn't even work, and loading fails.

I have found it to be a consistent theme among cruise lines (NCL, RCI, Cunard, Celebrity, Carnival) that their websites are basically awful.  Am I correct to throw Princess into the mix, or is it just a bad Sunday morning?

4 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I’ve found that it is normally better than other lines; right now, I’d say there is something unusually wrong and would give them some time to fix things.

Seems to be working pretty well now.

I use the Princess website regularly and have seldom noticed any slow down.  There was one day this past week when it was slow responding, but that only lasted a couple of hours in the morning.  I just logged on now, and the speed of logging on and checking on a reservation was fast.

53 minutes ago, skynight said:

I find it fine. Like all web sites sometimes it has some difficulties and those difficulties can be with their web site or may be elsewhere in the system. Have patience, try later.

No, it’s not like other websites. It is down substantially more often. 

They truly need to start firing people until it gets better. The problems have been ongoing forever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Tried it just now. Logged in quickly and accessed all of my upcoming cruises fine. Seems faster than normal - at least right now.

Like I commented on the phone issues yesterday I have been on and off the site everyday and I am not having any of these issues.  Working great.   🤔

Really?  The Princess website does what it is supposed to do.  Did you ever try to book on Royal Caribbean?  Every time you access a voyage all the cabin types are listed, you select what you're interested in, then boom.  You get a refreshed screen with a error message at the top that the cabin category you've selected is unavailable.

Why in the world would a company list cabin types that are already sold out??

Sure Princess is slow sometimes, but I find once you're logged in it is decently fast.  Often slowness is just the state of the internet in general due to lots of traffic!  I admit it would be nicer if you could open the details of a voyage in another window to check it out without having to page back to get to the search results.  Do that a few times and you get an error.  Kind of annoying I will admit.  But otherwise the website is okay! 😃

2 minutes ago, SDWalt said:

But otherwise the website is okay! 😃

Our website doesn’t always have the most update information, but I have confirmed these terms and conditions based on your inquiry.

I've never had any trouble with the speed of the Princess website on my phone or PC. The only glitch is when you try to pay for 2 excursions it automatically takes 1 from OBC although youve selected PayPal to pay for both. You have to call to have it billed correctly. Happened to us 3 times.

9 hours ago, mum and son said:

Worst website I've ever used. It never loads for me or, when it does, it has a notice saying it is suffering "technical difficulties" 🙄... so I agree with you, it sucks.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:38 AM, bemis12 said:

They truly need to start firing people until it gets better. The problems have been ongoing forever.

you are aware they are based in server farms all over the world.. they dont hand 75 percent of the backend of a website the other 25 percent is tech guys in office who have to call the server farm... I have nevr had a problem perhaps your isp has issues with your router.

I was complaining to my TA about the new Princess cruise search page and he said that currently about the best cruise line web site going is for NCL. He said they went through a major overhaul a year or so ago and once it was all figured out it is now the best cruise line site around. I can't verify that as I don't cruise NCL but I found his comment interesting. He also said one reason Princess is changing their search is that the old search was allowing people to book on ships that were going out of service for a while and it was making people angry to book a cruise that was then "cancelled".

On 7/21/2019 at 7:38 AM, bemis12 said:

Hard to fire peeps when you've outsourced your IT ...