Bloody Mary Celery Garnish - Recycled?

sanmarcosman

Is Carnival recycling the celery garnish served with the Bloody Mary? It's not just the wilted leaves that caught my attention but the brown and dried cut at the top of the stalk is unappetizing, too. This image is from Carnival's promotional email that arrived today. 

seaday-brunch-1.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

I've had many a Bloody on board and have never received celery that looked like that. This was a staged photo by the photographer and has already been said, someone needs to be replaced.

Carnival's Director of Marketing is charged with approving promotional copy, this image included. This person would be a good start. 

Oh my gosh! I mentioned that same photo to my Carnival PVP last year and he agreed it was a bad photo. He said he would pass my comment along to the mucky mucks there but who knows if he did. I'm surprised to see Carnival is still using this as a promotional piece.  

45 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

My only problem with the Bloody Marys has been trying to get the bartender to use half the amount of alcohol.

I always get extra olives and fresh produce.   Other than after dinner liqueur, it's one of the few drinks I order.

Hey, I found someone like me! I like weaker drinks too! As I have very poor alcohol tolerance.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Is Carnival recycling the celery garnish served with the Bloody Mary? It's not just the wilted leaves that caught my attention but the brown and dried cut at the top of the stalk is unappetizing, too. This image is from Carnival's promotional email that arrived today. 

seaday-brunch-1.jpg

Are you suggesting that they take an uneaten celery stick out of a drink and use it in another one later?

Chop off the ends and ----

gary

This can’t be a serious question. It might be a garnish, but the celery is still actual food and re-serving or recycling it would be an incomprehensible health code violation. They wouldn’t take uneaten food off one customer’s plate and use it on another’s. Same principle applies here. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

seaday-brunch-1.jpg

My guess is that this bloody mary belonged to a very, very, very slow drinker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

My guess is that this bloody mary belonged to a very, very, very slow drinker.

The food service at brunch can be slow. 😉  We almost never miss a chance to go to Seaday Brunch. It sets Carnival apart from the competition.

For those who don't drink alcohol or want a small amount, I order a Virgin Mary and sometimes ask for a shot of vodka on the side to add my own.  I do the same with rum and cokes, mojitos, etc.   Alcohol seems to affect my blood sugar,I have to be careful and this allows me to use liquor more as a flavoring (I love dark rum, it just doesn't love me).  I always eat my celery, maybe not the one in the picture -

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, sanmarcosman said:

seaday-brunch-1.jpg

Lol, at least you know what to expect.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:26 PM, Garth2 said:

On more than 1 occasion I have ordered a Bloody Mary and was told they were out of celery.  A Bloody Mary without celery is like a kiss without a hug.

You've been repped for the perfect analogy!  👍

That said, I'm not a celery fan.  The strings get stuck between my teeth, and I can't stand that!  I'm more of a dill pickle fan.  Now, that's my idea of a perfect Bloody Mary.  Even better if accompanied by chunks of salami and cheddar on a toothpick.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

16 minutes ago, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Even better if accompanied by chunks of salami and cheese on a toothpick.

Ewwwww. IN the bloody mary? Sorry, my taste buds would implode. Now put a jalapeno in there, and it might taste better. JUST KIDDING! I've never heard of that before. (although I have been known to put a jalapeno in a bloody mary to spice it up a bit)