Port massage

Dawniegirl19

Hello everyone. I will be cruising to Alaska at the end of August with ports in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway.   Does anyone know or have information regarding massages that are close enough to walk to in any of these ports? Thank you so much 

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Google "massages" and add your port cities.    I'm sure they have spas there, somewhere!  If all else fails, the ship offers discounts on port days!

Ship massage are way too pricey and they never do deep tissue really well.  I can google just thought this would be an easier and better way. 

No advice as to massage locations, OP, but I hope you're successful in finding some. I understand you completely since I require regular massages to manage a chronic probem as well. I tried the ship massages on our last cruise and they were useless. Rather than a spa, I wonder if you can find a physiotherapy clinic that offers massage therapy. Their masseurs/masseuses may be more adept at therapeutic massage. You could book ahead for your port day at a convenient time. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I googled “massage Ketchikan” and found several with addresses - of course without knowing what, if any, levels of expertise are needed in Alaska to open a massage shop, you are most likely to have to settle for what there is —- probably cheaper than in the ship’s spa.