ALL 4 PERKS PROMO IS BACK !

Pier290

9 minutes ago, Mapomp said:

Can anyone tell me the value of the internet package? I'm trying to price it out to see if it's a better deal for me to stick with what I have.  I know what the tips would be, and the upgrade to premium would be $10 pp pd plus the tip (15 or 20%?) which we plan to do any way.  The big ? is the internet, which we have never had, and I'm sure dh would love to be able to be in touch with his company and ailing mom.  Thanks in advance 🙂

Well, the value and cost of the internet package are two different things  🙂   You can check in your cruise planner to see the price, but I think it's between $200-240 for unlimited internet for one device for a week-long cruise.  If you're a Captain's Club member, you get a discount depending on your level.  For our Summit cruise, it shows one device as $239 and two as $358, and it says the price reflects our discount (which is I assume our CC discount).

Even though I enjoy having internet, I wouldn't pay $200 for it, so to me the value is probably $100-$125.  That's roughly the price of the "surf" internet package.

I inquired with the US TA we booked our Edge cruise this December with, about repricing to the Summer Black Friday promotion. It would be 135$/person. We currently have the "normal" Sail Plus with two perks, Classic Beverage Package and 300$ OBC, and additionally 100$ OBC from the TA, booked on a group rate.

So for 135$/person we would essentially receive upgrade to Premium Beverage Package (which we wouldn't have any use of, since we don't drink alcohol - we plan on downgrading our current Classic package to the Premium non-alcoholic package when onboard anyway) and wifi for us both. It's a 7-night cruise, so the upgrade to Premium itself would be 84$/person "retail price", and then we would receive the wifi for 51$/person which is indeed well below the going price.

Actually not that bad of a deal, especially seeing that we booked the cruise on a very cheap group rate of just below 1100$/person - INCLUDING two perks of our choice and the TA OBC. Celebrity's "retail" rate with no perks is 1364$/person for this cruise (of course permanently discounted due to various promotions).

But I think we'll pass on the offer, I wouldn't feel it was worth the additional cost, as described above.

EDIT: I just checked Celebrity's website, the price increase we received from our TA ends up with matching Celebrity's own total price for this cruise on this promotion, minus 5$. We still get 100$ TA OBC additionally, but still not worth it for us.

EDIT 2: Sooo, I clearly forgot to calculate the prepaid gratuities as an additional perk in the current promotion in the text above. We planned on paying those out of the OBC, but it would indeed be nice to have them dealt with separately.

Now it's actually 42$ (drinks) + 102$ (prepaid gratuities) + 175$ (wifi) = 319$' worth for 135$.

Hmm - might need to reconsider if I'm going on this or not...

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

We have 2 perks and are considering upgrading one of our rooms to the 4 perks.  There is 1 adult and 2 kids in that room.

Am I correct that adult would get classic beverage package and whichever child is "2nd pax" would get non alcoholic?

Also, no tax or gratuity if gotten as a perk, right?

4 hours ago, hiccups said:

Well, the value and cost of the internet package are two different things  🙂   You can check in your cruise planner to see the price, but I think it's between $200-240 for unlimited internet for one device for a week-long cruise.  If you're a Captain's Club member, you get a discount depending on your level.  For our Summit cruise, it shows one device as $239 and two as $358, and it says the price reflects our discount (which is I assume our CC discount).

Even though I enjoy having internet, I wouldn't pay $200 for it, so to me the value is probably $100-$125.  That's roughly the price of the "surf" internet package.

The internet price in the Cruise Planner is discounted 10%from the on-board price, it is not the price you would pay with your CC discount.  To get the CC discount you need to  call the CaptIns Club to purchase the Internet; they will apply the CC discount manually.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The internet price in the Cruise Planner is discounted 10%from the on-board price, it is not the price you would pay with your CC discount.  To get the CC discount you need to  call the CaptIns Club to purchase the Internet; they will apply the CC discount manually.

Good to know... thanks!  We've had it as a perk so I've never investigated what that discount is.

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Also, no tax or gratuity if gotten as a perk, right?

If sailing from the US, that is the case (or has been for us). I do not know how it is dealt with for departures in non-US ports (I would ASSume the same thing, but we all know where that will get me).

We were able to get all the perks too, for over $1900. more Cdn for the cruise price itself.  Not a sale for us, sadly.   Hearing some of the great deals people have gotten (and definitely taking the currency value into consideration), our offer was still laughable.

3 hours ago, killsport said:

If sailing from the US, that is the case (or has been for us). I do not know how it is dealt with for departures in non-US ports (I would ASSume the same thing, but we all know where that will get me).

Correct grats included no matter where you sale from.

47 minutes ago, zook50 said:

You're the first person who had the same experience as we did with this sale.  Are you Canadian?

If you mean me, no I’m Australian but paying this cruise in US$ because the TA is in the US. I’m annoyed more because now I can see how many people seem to have added ‘perks’. 

That's exactly how we feel.  We're amazed at the number of people on this general discussion and in our own roll calls who got numerous (or all 4) perks for a couple hundred more (or less).  Even with the exchange, this amount is nowhere near the amount we would have had to pay.  Very frustrating.

23 minutes ago, zook50 said:

That's exactly how we feel.  We're amazed at the number of people on this general discussion and in our own roll calls who got numerous (or all 4) perks for a couple hundred more (or less).  Even with the exchange, this amount is nowhere near the amount we would have had to pay.  Very frustrating.

I hear you! Better not to know I think! Anyway, hopefully we still enjoy our cruise. It’s not until end of Feb, so still awhile to go.

Absolutely!  We spent hours on the phone with Celebrity, and we chose to throw the towel in and just focus on enjoying thoughts of our cruise instead.  Dwelling on the negative takes too much energy:)  Enjoy your trip in February!

18 hours ago, Tigrou said:

I definitely got Premium.  It was clearly shown as Premium online and it shows as Premium on my confirmation.

My TA assumed it was Classic but I asked her to double-check and sure enough the Celebrity rep confirmed it as Premium.

Thanks. I looked it up on the X site and it said Premium. I did a screen print and I left a voicemail for the on board future travel agent and he was able to confirm it and change my reservation. He had also charged me for an A1 cabin, not the A2 (Captain’s Club upgrade) so he lowered the price by $300. One must watch them every step of the way.

29 minutes ago, zook50 said:

I have also noticed the same as you (and have to admit that although it's great for the folks that get a good deal, I am envious that I can never seem to score these types of deals! 😏).  So after reading some comments on this thread, just for the heck of it I've put out a call to my TA to see if there is anything that she can manage to do.  Not holding out a lot of hope but if she can get us some sort of benefit with this this latest promo will let you know.  And as you said earlier (at least I think it was you) have to figure in the exchange rate in the midst of any "deal" offered to determine how beneficial it really is with our dollar.

I too am very happy for all the others who have gotten a great deal out of this sale.  I just wish it was more consistent for all customers, but trying not to dwell on it and instead, focus on a great upcoming trip!

Best of luck in your quest for a deal - let us know what happens!

18 minutes ago, luv2cruisemore said:

Thanks. I looked it up on the X site and it said Premium. I did a screen print and I left a voicemail for the on board future travel agent and he was able to confirm it and change my reservation. He had also charged me for an A1 cabin, not the A2 (Captain’s Club upgrade) so he lowered the price by $300. One must watch them every step of the way.

Absolutely check. I re-priced my cruise on the weekend, added the two extra perks ( we had 2) and received confirmation by email, all good. Confirmation was bunch of code words, didn’t look too closely. But when I looked up my reservation online, tonight, it said Classic drink package. Quick call to customer service and it was fixed ( with no explaination as to why it wasn’t upgraded the first time) . So now I have a print out as well.

Always good to check. 

I'm Australian and had just booked the refundable 2 perks direct with Celebrity Australia. Rebooked with the 4 perks for approximately additional $US100 each which is a bargain especially since the gratuities were already included in price. One of the few times I feel like I've come out ahead. 

6 hours ago, zook50 said:

You're the first person who had the same experience as we did with this sale.  Are you Canadian?

I decided to go with a guaranteed purchase of a unobstructed balcony, 10 days Vancouver to Hawaii, had all 4 perks included in the price. We purchased this at the end of January, last month we upgraded to AQ because of a post on the roll call board, it was an extra $24 cad total. We thought it was a pretty sweet deal, so did our TA.

We also love our TA.

Edited by Saltyduo
Misspelled word